Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-25-2021, 12:34 PM   #1
Forum Member

Top vignette

Hello -hope everyone is safe.

An occurrence occured today that i have never noticed before.. I am a life-long pentax user, 40 years.
Though I rarely pickup my film 35s in all those years [mostly 6x7 and 645]. I noticed something odd in my 35 film body that I never noticed before.

I use all my medium format lenses on my 35s, including the K-1, but my history has been to shoot wide open most of the time.. This issue does not occur on the K-1 - FYI.

I was out shooting this morning the MZ-s with the 67-105. In the viewer everything was fine until I stopped down, in this case f11.
At the top of the viewer, the viewer faded out.. Kind of an 'all across the top" vignette.

Now I have not developed the film so I dont know if it carried over. When I got back to the studio I put a regular 35mm lens on and did a DoF preview, no vignette. Only with the 6x7 lens did it do this. In fact it did it with my other 3 film bodies. This issue did not show on the K-1.

Has anyone seen this? Does it carry over to the film? .. or is it just in viewing?

Thanks a bunch! dw

05-25-2021, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dr5chrome Quote
I was out shooting this morning the MZ-s with the 67-105. In the viewer everything was fine until I stopped down, in this case f11.
At the top of the viewer, the viewer faded out.. Kind of an 'all across the top" vignette.
Mirror length? Viewfinder vignette of that sort used to a fairly common occurrence with some lenses and cameras back-in-the-day due to the short mirrors in use at the time. That said, I was of the impression that the problem was pretty much gone with the M-series bodies in the late 70s. The photos should be fine.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-25-2021 at 01:12 PM.