Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Travelling with Limiteds (using Film) - New York Edition

i made a long post here with lots of film comments, would appreciate any feedback
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/43133-travelli...k-edition.html

12-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Very nice. I think the 31/77 combo on film is a perfect two lens kit. You get wide and tele without getting to extreme. I also have a poor mans version with M 35/f2 and M 85/f2, i carry this when I don't want to risk the limiteds. You don't lose much at all with the M's, I actually use them more. Not near as pretty though.
Ryan
12-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks for looking ryan
i can't work w/o autofocus, bad habit it is. i'd miss too many shots if i was busy focusing
12-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
Forum Member

Great write up there! I enjoyed your previous Traveling... "article" and I enjoyed this one plenty as well. I too have gotten into film recently from digital. I got my trusty ME and a couple for primes. I've been shooting mostly negatives (Kodak 400BW and my favorite, Fuji Pro), but I also picked up a few Provia rolls.

How did you find exposing for those slide films? I read that you used the matrix metering? Did you have to make any adjustments?

I really like the format of your posts, your commentary is very interesting. Cheers!

12-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
glad you remembered the first one. unfortunately, i had to reupload my photos and all the links are gone from the original article. and i'm too lazy to remember which photos i had chosen to show, so that thread is kinda dead now

i haven't used the slide film yet. i was over exuberant when buying the film. i first wanted Ektar 100, but it was sold out, so decided to go with the Provia 100F. i'm kind of scared to use that now because i'm not sure how it will turn out and it also expires next month. the winter months, there isn't that much to photograh.
12-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
glad you remembered the first one. unfortunately, i had to reupload my photos and all the links are gone from the original article. and i'm too lazy to remember which photos i had chosen to show, so that thread is kinda dead now

i haven't used the slide film yet. i was over exuberant when buying the film. i first wanted Ektar 100, but it was sold out, so decided to go with the Provia 100F. i'm kind of scared to use that now because i'm not sure how it will turn out and it also expires next month. the winter months, there isn't that much to photograh.
Some great shots.
The PP you did on the pictures, was that from scanning the negatives yourself ?

Do you have a link to your Travelling with Limiteds, part 1 ? (though there are no pictures in it any more)
12-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Some great shots.
The PP you did on the pictures, was that from scanning the negatives yourself ?

Do you have a link to your Travelling with Limiteds, part 1 ? (though there are no pictures in it any more)
thanks for looking
the scans were 6 MP Noritsu JPEG from the Lab.

the PP i did in silkypix was:
-a bit of white balance correction for the museums
-lots of levelling
-some cropping
-and changing the exposure for underexposed photos that were compensated by the lab. i could also have kicked in some contrast too to remove the greyness.

this was the original thread, it's not as good w/o the photos
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/33847-lessons-...-limiteds.html