Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Shoot some Kodachrome!

Photo Trade News just published a story about a Kodachrome lab in Kansas. It is the last Kodachrome lab in the world! So depressing. Kodak says they will still make the film as long as there is demand. Heartland is important for more than food!
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #13 in P&S forum.

12-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, there's something everyone should do at least once, while they still can.
12-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #3
Banned

I love kodachrome, and if I lived in Kansas I would be giving Dwayne's Photo plenty of business. its a sad thing, truly it is. I actually have taken to collecting Kodachrome, and other things related to Kodak and this legendary film. I have both old and new Kodachrome, and will be keeping some of it, and will never let it go.
12-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian

You can send away to them, I believe? I still have some ancient Kodachrome 25 that probably dates to high school, maybe a roll of 64. Some store just had a mess of it, barely expired at the time: I never worked my way through all I scored, there.

Hey, btw, I found an adapter like you were looking for in another thread. Dropped you a PM.

12-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
Banned

yea, but its not worth the cost for shipping and whatnot. I have a roll of kodachrome from 1947 =). and thanks for the heads up on the adapter I saw your PM. I haven't decided whether or not I want to purchase it yet, but it was exactly what I was looking for. thank you =)
12-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
Inactive Account

You can go to Dwaynes website at Dwayne's Photo and print their order form and instructions for processing film and mail it to them. In fact, you can even buy Kodachrome from them and include that in your payment. As I recall, their price for Kodachrome was close to Freestyle's. I've got a roll of Kodachrome 64 in my ME Super now that will soon be going to them.

Last edited by Steady52; 12-04-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: URL Name change
12-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
yea, but its not worth the cost for shipping and whatnot. I have a roll of kodachrome from 1947 =). and thanks for the heads up on the adapter I saw your PM. I haven't decided whether or not I want to purchase it yet, but it was exactly what I was looking for. thank you =)

Hee. Quite welcome. I think it was meant to be, though. That was pretty random. (I've been laid up with a cold for a few days with nothing else to do but search on 'Pentax' and chatter/ try to get educated here. And obsess while waiting for my Pentax. I could have been reading the manual. )

I think my old Kodachrome is all from the 80s, some 25 and 64. Probably a bit beaten up where the boxes have survived, for collectors' value. (Knocked around in a bag for a while, till it was clear I wasn't going to use it. ) But occasionally I just smell it when I run across it. Reminds me of younger days.
12-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ahh K25. My absolute favorite Kodachrome. K64 is good but 25 was a whole different level. Have many rolls of that shot thru my Leica M4P. So incredible.
I have never shot K64 with the 31 & 77! What an oversight. It will be corrected - soon.
Do have K64 shot in Pentax 6X7. Takes your breath away.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST in P&S forum.

12-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I don't think we'll see Kodakchrome for that much longer. Kodak might be saying that they'll keep up production if there's demand, but word has it that the last run's already been done and they're just slicing up and rolling existing stock now.
12-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #10
Banned

better buy it now then.