Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Where to get Mail order B&W film

Hi Folks,

just wondering if anyone can recommend a shop that will mail order B&W film to Ireland? looking to buy a decent quantity at reasonable prices and want to check out all options.

thanks in advance

eoin

12-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by oinkely Quote
Hi Folks,

just wondering if anyone can recommend a shop that will mail order B&W film to Ireland?
Let us know if we can assist you.
12-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, there's a place called Adorama, a little cheaper in general than B&H but just as good if you don't need personal tech support or something: the more that can go wrong, the more you might want to lean toward B&H, prices aside. Adorama's very good for 'mail order,' , B&H is *outstanding* supportwise. For film, you can probably compare your costs and be happy with either. )

(And I notice the B&H logo now on Henry's post. He's not messing with you, they really do have the rep over here. I usually end up getting my film from Adorama cause their used department usually has the little thing I need to kludge something with, and film and chemistry are pretty much the same stuff. )

Also, B&H guy: Put. Bigger. Pictures. On. Your. Website. If I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, (like especially with camera support and bracketry and the like: you've got like every tripod and monopod in the world, but they all look basically the same on a white background in a three inch pop-up window. I'm sure they all look fine from fifty yards away. Sell me something. ) I need to *peer* at it.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-09-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: A hello there. :)
12-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

You can't go wrong with B&H. International sales is one of their specialties.

Chris

12-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
You can't go wrong with B&H. International sales is one of their specialties.

Chris
Hope I didn't give the impression I was slagging on them or anything. (well, except about the teeny pictures. That's silly. Probably don't need any more resolution, even, just make it bigger. )

I'd trust them quite implicitly with any major purchase. They put that effort in. (Also, they generally stock the good stuff. The downside of this is it's hard to get lucky on price if you just aren't that flush. )
12-10-2008, 05:11 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks for all the replies folks,

i'll look into B&H - in fact just had my sister pick me up a metz 48 flash when she was in NY last week. she was quite surprised by the set up in the shop - she said she walked in and asked for the dummies counter! - the staff were most helpful and sent her off with the right bit of kit - so thanks for that Henry.