Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-25-2022, 01:30 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by samop Quote
I think it is possible to make adjustments by yourself, however...

I am thinking of the following procedure: Put the camera on the tripod with lens with some wide aperture (1.8 or less), remove back door of the camera, put the camera in bulb mode and open the shutter. Attach old focusing screen where the film should be with matte side towards the lens. Try to focus on some subject using split prism or whatever other means (probably using some magnifying glass or lens to really see that the object is in focus. When perfect focus is achieved, close the shutter and check whether the image in viewfinder is in focus. If not, turning the screws for adjustments as long as the image will be focused perfectly.

There are some problems I don't know how to solve with this procedure: there are 3 screws, and it is difficult to keep the screen level across the whole frame. So I would suggest to turn all three screws for the same amount. I have no other solution to the problem . If anyone knows better way to do the adjustments, I would really like to hear it .

Ps.: I haven't done this yet, so this is just theoretical now for the time being.
That's pretty much how my repair guy does it. The last camera I sent him, we had problems getting bulb mode to work.

K.

01-25-2022, 01:43 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
That's pretty much how my repair guy does it. The last camera I sent him, we had problems getting bulb mode to work.K.
Thanks womble. That's encouraging to hear.
04-11-2022, 05:55 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by yanix03 Quote
Hi guys,

Also, how difficult is it to change the focusing screen on the Super A/Program?
Very easy - there are two screws that hold the focusing screen in place. (they are located inside the lens mount at the top) Take those off and the screen can be removed like most cameras with interchangeable screens. The screen is housed/glued inside a metal frame but can be popped out with some force - if you dont care about the existing screen then I guess it doesnt matter. I you could then take your ME Super screen and shave it to fit, or better yet find a donor Super-a.