Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

SF-1

How much are these work? I got one for free from a friend with a 50mm f/1.7 and it has a crack on the top LCD but other than that is in perfect condition. I'd like to keep the lens, but I was wondering if I could get ANYTHING for the film body.

12-10-2008, 08:24 PM   #2

You might also try using the camera. It's outdated and not all that popular sure, but that doesn't mean it doesn't work. These cameras were close to the top of Pentax' line back in the day, and they're actually really nice. My dad has an SF-1n (basically the same camera with a faster shutter) and the AF (though slow) works perfectly and is more than adequate for me. (Bear in mind that I usually shoot outside, in daylight.) Most importantly, I love using it.
12-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I use it all the time. I'm just not sure how much it's worth.
12-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
WJW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sflights Quote
How much are these work? I got one for free from a friend with a 50mm f/1.7 and it has a crack on the top LCD but other than that is in perfect condition. I'd like to keep the lens, but I was wondering if I could get ANYTHING for the film body.
I've seen SF1's with cracked LCDS go for around $15-20 on ebay with no lens.