Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

hi there

I have a question:

I have a Pentax MZ-7 its the euro version of the American ZX-7 Plus the kit lens 28-80

I also have a k1000 body.

I would like to trade these for a better lens for my K20D (50mm 1.4 ? or the 21mm?) or to sell those.

how much do you guys think I can charge? all the equipment is in good working shape only minor show of use but nothing major at all.

Thanks!

12-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

check ebay for completed listings
i would put your MZ-7 at about $60-$80, the K1000 maybe $50 and the lens maybe $50 if you're lucky
i've noticed that on this forum that film equipment goes very slowly
12-31-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
check ebay for completed listings
i would put your MZ-7 at about $60-$80, the K1000 maybe $50 and the lens maybe $50 if you're lucky
i've noticed that on this forum that film equipment goes very slowly
I think those are fair prices, and yes film equipment does tend to go slowly so you should keep that in mind. it may or may not be a better idea to try ebay first. (if you are looking to sell quickly) of course you can list it here for a week then list it on ebay and post the link in your ad here. I don't however think you will do very well with a trade. but I wish you the best of luck.
12-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks!

thanks guys

I live in NYC so probly what I will end up doing is to trade with B&H or adorma. was just wondering how much is fair.

B&H and adorama sell the k1000 for more then $200 due to a lot of photography students in NYC.

the MZ-7 on B&H is about $120

if I could get from them for every thing the 50mm 1.4 I would be happy. I will get less if I will ask for money i hope to get $90 for the lot

12-31-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Sadly they will offer only a fraction of what they sell them for in trade.
You will get more selling them on eBay, craigslist or possibly here.

Chris
12-31-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter

I can't vouch for pricing...but as for sales, actually many items move ridiculously fast right here in the marketplace forum. Lenses often "melt away"...I'm still wondering where my FA20/2.8 went? Film camera bodies move more slowly (I have two stuck in limbo right now). Some accessories sell fast--teleconverters for instance (sold two the past couple months)--and others like rare power and drives for film cameras tend to sit without selling.

From my experience, it's easy enough to post stuff and see if there is any desire for your items. Either there is or there isn't, nothing lost to look. And I must say it's nice to know that your Pentax stuff ended up in the hands of someone else who will enjoy it, not just sold off a shelf to whomever.
12-31-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

another source to check prices would be KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More.
01-01-2009, 06:51 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
thanks guys

I live in NYC so probly what I will end up doing is to trade with B&H or adorma. was just wondering how much is fair.

B&H and adorama sell the k1000 for more then $200 due to a lot of photography students in NYC.

the MZ-7 on B&H is about $120

if I could get from them for every thing the 50mm 1.4 I would be happy. I will get less if I will ask for money i hope to get $90 for the lot
I'm not sure if B&H or Adorama would pay you the highest. Why not try listing your stuff over eBay or Craigslist first, then sell to B&H/Adorama/KEH if nobody gets it? Unless you're very much in a hurry to sell, it's usually best to wait around and get the highest you can get for it.

01-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I concur with the assessment that you may be able to get top dollar for your K1000. The local shops here in the Portland, Oregon area regularly get prices in the $200 range due to student pressure.

I would try Craigslist first and if it does not move, you could check out Adorama, B&H, or KEH.

Steve
01-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #10
Adorama Camera Representative

Adorama Camera Customer Service

QuoteOriginally posted by redpigeons Quote
I have a question:

I have a Pentax MZ-7 its the euro version of the American ZX-7 Plus the kit lens 28-80

I also have a k1000 body.

I would like to trade these for a better lens for my K20D (50mm 1.4 ? or the 21mm?) or to sell those.

how much do you guys think I can charge? all the equipment is in good working shape only minor show of use but nothing major at all.

Thanks!
If you would like to contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com, with your email and/or telephone contact details, I will have someone from Adorama Camera used department contact you with the information you require.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
01-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If that's all your film stuff, OP, then I suggest a working body could be worth more to you than you'd get for it in trade. Those K1000s pretty much don't go bad.