Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
03-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Thanks for the info Paul. I emailed Martin. I actually have a waist level finder but hate to give up the ttl.

Edit: I think I had determined I need a +1D.
The good news there is, that if you don't need a mounting ring, all you probably have to do is have an optician grind you a circle to fit.

(And, have the Sightseer negs hanging here: seals look good, no sign of leaks or fogging, looks like good sharpness and exposure. )

Here's a teaser, of sorts: I know I can get better scans than this, in fact, I did, but Photobucket went down for maintenance before I could upload one. It'll be easier if the negs are a bit flatter tomorrow, anyway. (having just noticed the time, this could get dangerous. Photoshop till 4:30, get up early for print darkroom. *wandering off blearily for now.*

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-24-2009 at 01:25 AM.
03-24-2009, 01:44 AM   #212
Veteran Member

Oh, hey, Photobucket came back up in my last spate of pixel-peeping: this one suffers a bit from un-flattened-neg-in-plastic carrier syndrome (What were they *thinking?*) but I think this one'll look nice for filler.

Now, if I can make myself .....sleep....
03-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #213
Banned

those are lovely. im not sure ill be able to outdo your work. your photos may be the highlight of the sightseers travels.
03-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #214
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
those are lovely. im not sure ill be able to outdo your work. your photos may be the highlight of the sightseers travels.
Aww. *blush* I dunno, there, actually: I'm in some pretty estimable company, here. I think we've seen good things from you here already. This lens *talks*, too.

Hope I didn't oversharpen this one: the CRT on my Mac often makes things look a bit fuzzy to me. (And sorry about the messy edges: I was contemplating a square crop, and forgot all about them when I decided not to. )

Oh, btw, Seamuis, couldn't get out today, but still working on getting Sightseer out to you. I've forgotten, we want this a 'sign-for-it' sort of deal on the delivery end?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-24-2009 at 01:04 PM.
03-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #215

All the work I've seen here is great, including yours, Ratmagiclady!

I especially like the one of the bench. Really great stuff.
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #216
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Oh, btw, Seamuis, couldn't get out today, but still working on getting Sightseer out to you. I've forgotten, we want this a 'sign-for-it' sort of deal on the delivery end?
if you want to do that, its fine by me. I don't think it will have much trouble getting from Atlanta to Savannah, but its up to you I suppose.
03-25-2009, 10:46 AM   #217
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
if you want to do that, its fine by me. I don't think it will have much trouble getting from Atlanta to Savannah, but its up to you I suppose.
I suppose it's more about how secure the delivery may be, preferences and the like. Don't want to make you have to play post-it-note tag with the mail-carrier. if it's unnecessary. Whatever's convenient: I feel bad for taking so long. It's been a busy month by my standards, and it's currently a busy couple of weeks for Who Needs The Car.

Anyway, let me know any preferences. It should be quick, once I can actually get to the post office.

(And, Ok, I see your post below, Seamuis: forgot to hit enter on my edit, earlier. )

Also, thank you, Steveo. I'm sitting here being pretty bewildered by scanner settings, myself.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-25-2009 at 01:04 PM.
03-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #218
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I suppose it's more about how secure the delivery may be, preferences and the like. Don't want to make you have to play post-it-note tag with the mail-carrier. if it's unnecessary. Whatever's convenient: I feel bad for taking so long. It's been a busy month by my standards, and it's currently a busy couple of weeks for Who Needs The Car.
oh, no need to worry about that, I work at night, and im used to getting deliveries, particularly cameras. my mail carrier and I are on a first name basis.
03-27-2009, 12:56 PM   #219
Veteran Member

OK, Seamuis, Sightseer is on the way to you, (I totally conked out the other night, and yesterday. Note to self: Not young enough for multiple Photoshop all-nighters, particularly not two in a row. (But I was making so much progress, finally, with my adapting-to-Mac-ness. )

Anyway, I'd expect, maybe Monday?
03-27-2009, 07:27 PM   #220

Photos: Albums
You guys sure have made it tough for me to finaly land a ME Super on my VERY limited budget, but I finaly did it today. ME super black, with 50mm 1.7, no known actual condition. I figured the lense alone was worth the $43.00 plus $8.00 shipping. Now we wait.

Have two or three pics here. Just getting started at this posting.
Flickr: snkenai's Photostream

Havin' fun again!
Steve
03-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #221

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
Hey gang,

I got the best of my stuff up now. 14 keepers out of a roll of 24... not bad, eh? But it's only one roll out of three. Oh well. Fuji Superia 400, all taken with the Super Tak 55/1.8 that came attached to the SV.

Link to the set: Sightseeing Screwmount - a set on Flickr

The scans turned out really noisy/grainy, by the way. Is that grain I'm seeing, or low-res scan noise?
I personally don't care so much about the grain. I love the color!

Steve
03-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #222
Veteran Member

Woof, or Mike Cash, I have 3 Super Taks as you can see in my sig. Are these all compatible with this camera, or no? I haven't used any of them on a film camera yet, and would love to try the 28 & 35 while the SSSM is here in good ole' St. Louie !! ( The reason I ask is because Mike mentioned the 50mm F1.4 would not work on this camera , don't want to damage such a fine piece of machinery )
03-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #223
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Oh, hey, Photobucket came back up in my last spate of pixel-peeping: this one suffers a bit from un-flattened-neg-in-plastic carrier syndrome (What were they *thinking?*) but I think this one'll look nice for filler.
The pics look great! Good work. Out of curiosity, what are you using for a scanner? I have been contemplating a scanner for that does a better job with film/slides than my current flat bed.

Steve
03-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #224
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Woof, or Mike Cash, I have 3 Super Taks as you can see in my sig. Are these all compatible with this camera, or no? I haven't used any of them on a film camera yet, and would love to try the 28 & 35 while the SSSM is here in good ole' St. Louie !! ( The reason I ask is because Mike mentioned the 50mm F1.4 would not work on this camera , don't want to damage such a fine piece of machinery )

These should all be fine.

Super Takumar 55 mm f1.8
Super Takumar 28mm f3.5
Super Multi Coated Takumar 200 mm f4
Super Takumar 35mm f3.5

The main problem would be with any version of the 50mm f/1.4. Thanks.

Seaain
03-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #225
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The pics look great! Good work. Out of curiosity, what are you using for a scanner? I have been contemplating a scanner for that does a better job with film/slides than my current flat bed.

Steve
Oh, it's an Epson 4490 Photo, got it reconditioned last year, and my example has problems. But it can do medium format, and are generally well-regarded. ....negative carriers being a pain aside.