Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2009, 12:00 AM   #346
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains
Posts: 53
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Oh dayum. If that were a canon it would be funny.
If it was my old Mamiya it would derail something...still shoot okay.

Great project. I've been a M42 gunner for 30 yr...have a dozen "moderns" from the 80's and on I have yet to load up.

for LOW light (stage shots) I'd take my old DTL 1000 Mamiya and the Sigma 135 1.8 over most anything. In the dark...spot meter and simple is GOOD and it's easier to swap screw mt when you can't see. Spotmatics were so wonderfully compact...but the 1.35 v battery is a drag. Mammy's used a basic 1.5v "76"...still available.
Can't beat the great SMC Takumar glass though.

06-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #347
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the present
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,870
Original Poster
All pending Membership requests replied and accepted! There were three. you guys are all in...

Stratman - sorry for the wait...
monochrome, CW, you are both in too... make sure I am right. i am still trying to get the hang of this...

Seaain
06-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #348
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2008
Location: Forest Park, Georgia/Jacksonville, Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 633
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
monochrome, CW, you are both in too... make sure I am right.
Seaain
Seaain, shows me as a member so you did good.

CW
06-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #349
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the present
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,870
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
Seaain, shows me as a member so you did good.
Thanks CW... so do we add you guys to the list? i assume so, yes?

06-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #350
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the present
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,870
Original Poster
List

The list is now... new names have an asterisk (*) Stratman is part of St Louis Area Group, so I am assuming generally this will not extend the time. Hopefully, if it does a little, the subsequent members will not mind too much. it does make sense in this case to do everyone in St Louis at once. CW (straightshooter) was last aboard and I assume he wants a crack. This should eb the list at present. if I have missed or dissed anyone let me know!

Who currently has the camera? I assume it is konraD? Thanks guys!


Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (completed)
Ratmagiclady (completed)
séamuis (completed)
blue (completed)
ryan s (completed get's a redo if he wants it)
konraDarnok (in hand)
stevebrot
St. Louis Area Group (monochrome)
Stratman *
sasquatch
sein06231
lawsonstone
ismaelg
straightshooter *
woof

woof!
06-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #351
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,428
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
All pending Membership requests replied and accepted! There were three. you guys are all in...

Stratman - sorry for the wait...
monochrome, CW, you are both in too... make sure I am right. i am still trying to get the hang of this...

Seaain
Yep - I'm in
06-24-2009, 07:07 AM   #352
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2008
Location: Forest Park, Georgia/Jacksonville, Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 633
Sure why not. Put me at the very bottom of the list and keep me there. That way anyone who hasn't had the opportunity in the past to use one of these wonderful cameras goes before I do.

CW
07-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #353
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,158
Well, I got a message today from konraDarnok indicating that the camera is on its way. What great timing for tourist shots. (The SV is a tourist after all!).

Here is the current status list:

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (completed)
Ratmagiclady (completed)
séamuis (completed)
blue (completed)
ryan s (completed get's a redo if he wants it)
konraDarnok (shipped off)
stevebrot (in transit)
St. Louis Area Group (monochrome, Stratman, and others)
sasquatch
sein06231
lawsonstone
ismaelg
straightshooter *
woof

Steve


Last edited by stevebrot; 07-10-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Moved Stratman into St. Louis group
07-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #354
Veteran Member
KJon's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 542
Glad you guys are back in business. Don't forget to post the photos. I'm following this thread for my fix of manual Pentax goodness...

Best to all,
Kevin
07-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #355
Veteran Member
Stratman's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Louis, Missouri U S A
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,464
Steve, I am included in the St. Louis group, so you can scratch my name off of the list..
07-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #356
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,158
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Steve, I am included in the St. Louis group, so you can scratch my name off of the list..
Ok...I moved you into the St. Louis group

Steve
07-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #357
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
07-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #358
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,158
Arrived safe and sound in Vancouver, USA!

The Sightseer arrived today in good condition. A little time to load some film (nice film sprockets!) and a few minutes puzzling over the meter (managed to figure it out) and I was able to take a few pictures before my lunch break was over.

Here is the current list status:

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (completed)
Ratmagiclady (completed)
séamuis (completed)
blue (completed)
ryan s (completed get's a redo if he wants it)
konraDarnok (completed)
stevebrot (in possession and shooting!)
St. Louis Area Group (monochrome, Stratman, and others)
sasquatch
sein06231
lawsonstone
ismaelg
straightshooter *
woof

I have got to say that my initial impressions are very, very positive. Almost everything feels/sounds so precise. The shutter is so nice. My KX, in comparison, sounds like a real clunker The viewfinder is a little dim by modern standards, but oh so easy to do fine focus with.

Steve

(This is dangerous...The local camera repair guy has one fully CLA'd WITH the sit-on-top meter and fitted case...)
07-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #359
Pentaxian
konraDarnok's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Photos: Albums
Posts: 960
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The Sightseer arrived today in good condition. A little time to load some film (nice film sprockets!) and a few minutes puzzling over the meter (managed to figure it out) and I was able to take a few pictures before my lunch break was over.

Here is the current list status:

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (completed)
Ratmagiclady (completed)
séamuis (completed)
blue (completed)
ryan s (completed get's a redo if he wants it)
konraDarnok (completed)
stevebrot (in possession and shooting!)
St. Louis Area Group (monochrome, Stratman, and others)
sasquatch
sein06231
lawsonstone
ismaelg
straightshooter *
woof

I have got to say that my initial impressions are very, very positive. Almost everything feels/sounds so precise. The shutter is so nice. My KX, in comparison, sounds like a real clunker The viewfinder is a little dim by modern standards, but oh so easy to do fine focus with.

Steve

(This is dangerous...The local camera repair guy has one fully CLA'd WITH the sit-on-top meter and fitted case...)



It is a nice camera. Good to know it arrived safely. I should get my film back from the drug store today.
07-14-2009, 07:07 AM   #360
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wilmore, KY
Posts: 349
I echo the interest in seeing pictures!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why I love screwmount pickles Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 14 06-06-2010 03:38 AM
K7 + Screwmount petercrane Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 27 08-16-2009 10:26 AM
SLAG - St Louis Area Group Sightseeing Screwmount monochrome Travel, Events, and Groups 0 07-27-2009 05:26 PM
St. Louis Area Members - Sightseeing Screwmount gathering monochrome Pentax Film SLR Discussion 13 05-30-2009 04:46 PM
Screwmount vs. K-mount zoeybird Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 20 02-03-2009 02:20 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top