Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #376
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It has been almost two weeks and the Sightseer is beginning to tire of SE Washington and the Portland, Oregon area. I think I heard it humming "Meet me in St. Louis"...

Steve

(Will try and pack it up today to send on to the St. Louis crew...)
Perhaps I'll take it for a tour of the 1904 World's Fair Grounds .

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis,
Meet me at the Fair . . .

Although the old Fair grounds are now our version of Central Park, complete with the Zoo and Art Museum, one of our number thinks we should shoot local color that is "really" St. Louis, such as the Soulard (Farmer's) Market.

I think I agree on that.

07-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #377
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Perhaps I'll take it for a tour of the 1904 World's Fair Grounds .

Meet me in St. Louis, Louis,
Meet me at the Fair . . .

Although the old Fair grounds are now our version of Central Park, complete with the Zoo and Art Museum, one of our number thinks we should shoot local color that is "really" St. Louis, such as the Soulard (Farmer's) Market.

I think I agree on that.
Are you going to do both? May as well.
07-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #378
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I'll be leaving the forum shortly. No real story here except that I'll be working extremely hard and will simply not have time anymore.

The real issue is that I don't want to pull the plug on this thread. A while back I asked Blue if he would take over for me. He agreed.

I've put off making the change, so if Blue still agrees to take over, I will gift the Sightseeing SV to him. He may then do as he likes with the camera.

It is not that the camera does not matter to me. It is that doing what I set out to do - keeping my word in essence - is more important to me.

I may stop in from time to time to say hello when and if I can. I have a small collection of early screwmounts (AP, S, K, H2, etc.) that I will probably be forced to sell at some point. I'll give folks here the first crack at these cameras.

I do consider many of you to be friends and I will miss you.

Blue, if you send me a PM and let me know that you accept, I'll send you details to the sightseeing.screwmount@yahoo.com account so you can admin the group.

Kind regards and thanks.

Seaain
07-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #379
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Yikes, Woof! Say it isn't so!

It is a true loss to see one of the consistently stable and friendly members of the forum check out. You and your deep knowledge of legacy Pentax gear will be sorely missed.

I want to thank you publicly for sending the Sightseer around. I showed the camera to many people along with the story about how I came to be shooting with it. The general reaction was amazement at your generosity. Thank you so much for giving all of us the pleasure of using this tool for awhile. It was my understanding that it would return to you at some point and I hope it does.

Whatever the path that you are taking, it is my prayer that you will find prosperity and joy.

Steve

07-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #380
Veteran Member

Sorry to see you go woof, you'll be missed !! I hope things get better, and you can come back.

And monochrome, the Forest Park thing sounds good to me, one of the few places in the city I actually know how to find !! haha
07-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #381
Site Supporter

Woof,

I'm honored to step in. You can resume where you left off any time you want.
07-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #382
Veteran Member

Best wishes and blessings, Seeain, ...I hope all the work pays off soon. Maybe we can send you some postcards from the Sightseer's further adventures.

07-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #383
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It has been almost two weeks and the Sightseer is beginning to tire of SE Washington and the Portland, Oregon area. I think I heard it humming "Meet me in St. Louis"...

Steve

(Will try and pack it up today to send on to the St. Louis crew...)
Sightseer arrived today and is soaking up the atmosphere on my side table, explaining this crazy club to my wife (in a way I never could), making the acquaintance of the Argus C I just got from Heather and generally behaving itself as if it has lived here all its life
07-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #384
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
I'll be leaving the forum shortly. No real story here except that I'll be working extremely hard and will simply not have time anymore.
Seaain
Seaain, you will definitely be missed. "Go raibh míle maith agat" for sharing your vast knowledge of early Pentax cameras.

You have my e-mail so stay in touch.

Slán agus beannacht,

CW
07-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #385
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It's official... blue has admin on the group on flikr, so I'm passing the torch. You all are in GREAT hands...

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot:
It is a true loss to see one of the consistently stable and friendly members of the forum check out. You and your deep knowledge of legacy Pentax gear will be sorely missed.

I want to thank you publicly for sending the Sightseer around. I showed the camera to many people along with the story about how I came to be shooting with it. The general reaction was amazement at your generosity. Thank you so much for giving all of us the pleasure of using this tool for awhile. It was my understanding that it would return to you at some point and I hope it does.
Thank ** you ** Steve. Seriously, this has been entirely my pleasure. My wife thought I was mad for doing this. After she saw how it was going she commented in amazement at what a great bunch you all are. Naturally, she was the only one surprised. Seriously, this really has been entirely my pleasure and I am glad to have started this. Keep it going! I feel it is a form of paying it forward. Very positive energy.

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
Sorry to see you go woof, you'll be missed !! I hope things get better, and you can come back.
I'll be back. Just have to square some things away and catch up a little. My main concern is not being able to be here consistently and therefore letting this thing lag or die. This is a great project, best that I've had the pleasure with which to be associated and I want you guys to keep it going. Nothing says the camera can't start back round when you are done... consider it anyway.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I'm honored to step in. You can resume where you left off any time you want.
Blue, thanks. You've been great and I owe you.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Best wishes and blessings, Seeain, ... I hope all the work pays off soon. Maybe we can send you some postcards from the Sightseer's further adventures.
Heh. I'll accept same any time. Email address is seaain.gray@gmail.com. Feel free to email me updates folks. Happy to have them... I'll drop by from time to time.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sightseer arrived today and is soaking up the atmosphere on my side table, explaining this crazy club to my wife (in a way I never could), making the acquaintance of the Argus C I just got from Heather and generally behaving itself as if it has lived here all its life
Heh. Sightseer has made a lot of friends along the way. Enjoy Monochrome. Seems like a long time but it finally got there to you.

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
Seaain, you will definitely be missed. "Go raibh míle maith agat" for sharing your vast knowledge of early Pentax cameras.
You have my e-mail so stay in touch.
Slán agus beannacht,
CW, a chara, thank YOU, and I WILL definitely keep in touch. As for the worries of life... Nár laga Dia do lámh... ever

Thanks guys... carry on.

woof!
07-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #386
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To Absent Friends

I'll host a glass to absent friends.
Never be they so far away
That a photograph
Shan't draw them nearer.

Last edited by monochrome; 07-29-2009 at 01:16 PM.
07-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #387
Forum Member

Am I next after the St. Louis folks?
07-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #388
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sasquatch Quote
Am I next after the St. Louis folks?
Yes

I PM'ed you for your shipping instructions. I expect our outing to be in two weeks and then I will ship.

Please reply to my PM with your address so I can ship the camera.

Paul
07-31-2009, 07:24 PM   #389
Site Supporter

SteveBrot:

Monochrome et al.:

Last edited by Blue; 07-31-2009 at 07:32 PM.
07-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #390
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
SteveBrot:

Monochrome et al.:

I just got them back from processing yesterday and had to rescan the lot today. I will post them up to Flickr and also to here after I do the required PP.

Steve