Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
08-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #466
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJB DIGITAL Quote
That's cool I dont need the manual.

Should we join it back up to the package?

oh duh...i see you are mailing it.

....it's a bit lonely in the office today and im falling asleep
Home now - yep, right on top of the computer

08-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #467
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A little duct tape perhaps?

Steve
Ugly, but effective. Also nothing to keep near optics. Gaffer tape would serve better. Bookbinder's tape, the better. If it can be found.

Or, well, if people decide to send the case back to me, I could fix it up with some Barge cement I need an excuse to replace, and ...sizing, and... I don't honestly know-what to make pretty.

Come to think of it, a lot of meters of this age are probably pretty dead. We could skulk Ebay for a dead one with a case. I could also hinge it together with grommets and thread, and just stick some fabric inside the hinge.

Or, screw it. Send it to me. I will fix as pretty as I can.

*rummage-rummage.* I also have a Gossen Super Pilot meter which was literally-melted, but has a case made of period leather I could shave for a patch. (or trade: I'd hate to ruin it, but who wants one anyway)
)

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 08-28-2009 at 04:49 PM.
08-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #468
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Damn. I bet it is laying on my packing table.

I'll mail it.
It happens! It was sitting on a stack of vintage Pentax literature in my roll top and I over looked it.
08-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #469
Veteran Member

OK I took it to the office today, that's where it is pictured with the other cameras on my desk. I have a wedding tomorrow. I kinda want to sneak some wedding pictures on to it.....

09-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #470
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Manual scheduled for USPS Priority Mail pickup to Mitch 09-02.
09-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #471
Site Supporter

MGB,

Got any images for us?

Camera
09-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #472
Veteran Member

noooooo!

im working on it though

i've had a couple of weddings and a major car situation leaving me without wheels. not a good combo....
but im going to have this roll developed soon and will post

09-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #473
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote

As far as the door being warped, I don't know. I'm somewhat skeptical. I think every thing would be bad all the time. This issue seems intermittent.
Well, film is flexible. The purpose of that pressure plate is to force it to be consistent. If it's not doing that, either cause of weak springs or the back is bent or cause my light seal job got bunched up, we want to know.

Come to think of it, sometimes you can get an old pressure plate to behave by simply (Carefully!) pulling on it to 'un-moosh' the springs. There's not a lot of distance to actually cover and it doesn't actually apply a huge lot of force. Old metal *will* 'take a set' though.
09-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #474
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just came into possession of my very own SV with a Super Takumar 55 f1.8 on it. Can't believe it's the same cam and lens featured on this thread (that I've followed so avidly).

My folks are in the process of doing some extensive housecleaning. My dad had mentioned there was another SLR kicking around the house, but he couldn't find it and didn't remember what it was. Upshot is, they found it today. He gave me a call that went something like this: He described it and I thought, maybe it's a Spotmatic. "Does it say Spotmatic on it anywhere?" "No. Just SV". "What lens is on it? Screwmount or bayonet?" "Screwmount. Looks like 55mm f1.8". Figured it was worth a ride out to the folks to take a look. As soon as I was out of work, I was on my way there. (Had a nice visit and a dinner that couldn't be beat, and picked up the camera )

Anyhow, got home and googled it and I thought it sounded familiar - quick check of the sightseeing screwmount thread and here we are. Mirror is stuck in the "up" position and something is a little funky with the shutter, but by-and-large, the camera's in great shape, although in need of a trip to Erik. Really looking forward to shooting it. Dad had the matching meter, but had left the battery in, so it's all corroded. Battery came out OK, but I'm going to have to do some work on the contacts. That's when Dad mentioned that he thought he had a Weston light meter kicking around somewhere. After a little digging, he came back with it. I now have a working meter and a non-working camera to go with. Hopefully we'll rectify that in short order. Oh, also got a nice 200mm f4 prime, too. It was like Christmas.

I thought about starting a new thread, but I figured everybody here would appreciate my "find" (and my parent's gift) more than anybody else on the film forum. And I figure the thread could use the bump, so I hope nobody considers this a "hijack".

Best to all and happy meterless camera shooting,
Kevin
09-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #475
Veteran Member

Hey, Kjon. Cool. Pretty likely the mirror's stuck to some deteriorating foam, is all. may as well leave it there if it's going to Erik. And congrats. I really liked that lens when it came around this way.
09-15-2009, 07:07 PM   #476
Veteran Member

Glad to hear you endorse the lens...I've got an adapter so I'll be able to use it on my K mounts (film and digital). Looking forward to playing with it while the camera's away being repaired. If I haven't mentioned it already, I liked your contributions to the photo-end of this thread. Hoping the shots I get from my SV will be as good.

Best,
Kevin

P. S. There's a 200mm f4 that came with the camera and I just discovered a screw-on hood in the bottom of its case...this just keeps on getting better
09-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #477
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Glad to hear you endorse the lens...I've got an adapter so I'll be able to use it on my K mounts (film and digital). Looking forward to playing with it while the camera's away being repaired. If I haven't mentioned it already, I liked your contributions to the photo-end of this thread. Hoping the shots I get from my SV will be as good.

Best,
Kevin

P. S. There's a 200mm f4 that came with the camera and I just discovered a screw-on hood in the bottom of its case...this just keeps on getting better
What 200/4 was included?

Steve
09-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #478
Veteran Member

Steve,

Looks like Super Takumar 1:4/200. There's an auto/manual switch at the base.

Best,
Kevin
10-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #479
Veteran Member

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump...just want to keep this on the front page and in the front of everybody's mind. Where's our favourite SV at?

(Still waiting for the available time and funds to send mine off to EriK)

Best to all,
Kevin
10-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #480
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Here is the current list status:

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (completed)
Ratmagiclady (completed)
séamuis (completed)
blue (completed)
ryan s (completed get's a redo if he wants it)
konraDarnok (completed)
stevebrot (completed)
St. Louis Area Group- Monochrome (completed)
MJB Digital in St Louis - (has it)
sasquatch-up next
sein06231
lawsonstone
ismaelg
straightshooter *
woof
Sasquatch is up next. I PM'd MJB about a week ago but haven't heard back from him.