Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #541
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is the end of the year and I want to take the opportunity to thank Seaain (Woof) and the rest of you for the privilege of being part of this project. Using the SV was beyond a doubt the high point of my photographic year...even more so than when I took delivery of the FA 77/1.8 Limited!

With any luck the odyssey will continue this next year with many new images from our film forum members. With even better luck, we may actually see more of the pictures that were taken in 2009

Steve

(Kudos too to Blue for continuing in Seaain's stead...)

01-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #542
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Blue, for the time being, take me off the list since I should show up within about a week or so as next. Right now I'm dealing with the aftereffects of my mother having a seizure and a step backwards as far as her mental acuity. She was convinced today in the hospital that I was her father and my wife was her mother. Her parents, my grandmother has been gone for at least 20 years, grandfather for 45 years. Plus she was using present tense for my dad who died 30 years ago this week and asking if neighbors had visited (neighbors who have been dead for 20 years. So for a time we will be getting her settled in a nursing home and just won't have the time to use it. Not a total loss since I am able to shoot with a pre-64 S1a which gives me everything on the SV but the self timer.

CB
01-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #543
Site Supporter

CB,

I hope things work out and you get through this. We will perhaps move you down the list. Ryan may want another shot at it plus there maybe some people state side that may want to try it as well.
01-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #544
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
CB,

I hope things work out and you get through this...
+1

My heart goes out to you. This sort of thing is very difficult.

Steve

01-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #545
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
Blue, for the time being, take me off the list since I should show up within about a week or so as next. Right now I'm dealing with the aftereffects of my mother having a seizure and a step backwards as far as her mental acuity. She was convinced today in the hospital that I was her father and my wife was her mother. Her parents, my grandmother has been gone for at least 20 years, grandfather for 45 years. Plus she was using present tense for my dad who died 30 years ago this week and asking if neighbors had visited (neighbors who have been dead for 20 years. So for a time we will be getting her settled in a nursing home and just won't have the time to use it. Not a total loss since I am able to shoot with a pre-64 S1a which gives me everything on the SV but the self timer.
CB,

You have my hopes for your mother's speedy and complete recovery. Please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

Seaain
01-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #546
Site Supporter

Who's Next

I'm ready to send our veteran Pentax on to its next stop. Great fun, when I process the film I'll post some shots if I did everything right!

I need a name and a shipping address for the next stop on the Grand Tour.

use a personal message please!
01-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #547
Site Supporter

ismaelg is next. He has sent you his info by PM.

Sein & Sasquatch, lets see some pics. :bigthumbsup:

:Photo:
01-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #548
Forum Member

I still have the film. Will made an effort to have them developed and scanned. Will keep you all posted. Sorry for the delay.
Sein06231

01-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #549
Site Supporter

What else is there to say?
Attached Images

02-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #550
Site Supporter

The SightSeeing screwmount has been on its way to Puerto Rico for several days now and is due there anytime!
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #551
Site Supporter

I'm happy to inform the Sightseer screwmount has arrived safely to Puerto Rico.
Couldn't wait and took a quick pic of it.

Thanks,
02-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #552
Site Supporter

Hello,

Took the Sightseer out for a quick spin today. No meter, just Sunny 16 to go by.
Haven't yet develop the first roll but my 9 years old son took these candids with a small P&S.
This is winter in Puerto Rico

Arecibo Lighthouse area

I see this picture becoming my avatar or something.....

I also took a few pics using my 200mm m42 lens on the sightseer.

I'll post the scans as soon as I develop them.....

Thanks,
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #553
Lens Buying Addict

Hi Ismael G - nice to see images on this htread again and looking forward to shots from the Sightseer.

Last night my wife and I watched Gorillas in the Mist on our local Public Television affiliate - there was a scene in which Dian Fossey (Sigourney Weaver) takes soome photos of gorillas - I absolutely KNOW she was using a classic Pentax. I immediately recognized the shape of the prism housing. I could swear she was using a K or an HV. My wife said she had never seen me get so excited viewing a movie on televison.
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #554
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote

I see this picture becoming my avatar or something.....
It's a good one.
02-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #555
Site Supporter

:HeadBanger:

:Photo: