Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #841
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well what the heck.

Maybe I'll just follow the original plan and shoot it with the K2dmd or KX on one of those bright crisp fall days.

Then again, maybe I should live dangerously, shoot the SV/K64 at the balloon glow Friday night - and change my UserName.
Eh, do what feels right. Kodachrome-as-we-know it was well in its glory days around the time of those two other cameras.

(I checked, btw, I still do have a roll of the KM 25 I could spare, looks like the date was 1989: almost certainly skunked, (AFAIK know, anyway: this film was preserved through all this time thanks to my then-growing sunlight sensitivities and a broken zipper on a pocket of my 'storage' bag, which has been cached in a lot of different places over some interesting times, but usually, 'Cool, dry ones.' Never 'lame, wet' places, to my estimation.

If you *really* want to live dangerously, I only need one for a keepsake. Or future science when they realize what madness it was to discontinue and hope to regain the lost mysteries of the past.

This roll of film's done some 'sightseeing' of its own, I guess. Wouldn't do me harm to see anyone shoot it, if they're willing to put the effort in. (24 exposures: I'd go for four or six images and bracket like you read about. I have *no* idea what that much time'd do to the stuff. If I remember from retail experience, the stuff tended to ship with pretty distant expiration dates. Which may mean it's pretty stable stuff, or was just that much older when I scored more than I could use. ) No promises, but I could drop it in an envelope.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 09-13-2010 at 11:53 AM.
09-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #842
Lens Buying Addict

Thanks! Please keep yours!

Upon review I have a partially exposed roll in the KX and the "posterity roll" in the refrigerator. Goes to show how long it has been since I ahd the KX out.

IIRC there was a roll of K64 in the K2dmd when I bought it. The eBay seller had taken a shot with the back opened to demonstrate that there was film inside!!.
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #843
Pentaxian

Thanks! Please keep yours!

Upon review I have a partially exposed roll in the KX and the "posterity roll" in the refrigerator. Goes to show how long it has been since I ahd the KX out.

IIRC there was a roll of K64 in the K2dmd when I bought it. The eBay seller had taken a shot with the back opened to demonstrate that there was film inside!!.
Ye Gods, it's like the Planet of the Apes out there, ennit?

In my own lifetime, it's gone from 'Manual metering and full-aperture focusing' being 'highly automated' to people having *no blessed idea what film is.*

Maybe I should save this for the benighted, yet Wellsian ages to come. "No, peeps o the peeps, the ways of 25 ISO are teh good! Long ago, in the days of teh chrome, the ancestors called this 'The beans!' When you 'made capcha,' it stayed around!You could make da pics and ...look at them! Just like that!"

Really does freak me out, though. When my K20d arrived, I knew darn well it was my first DSLR ever, (not my first digital, I'd had a bridge a few years) but I was still catching myself looking for how to open the back to check the shutter and take out that little piece of plastic they used to package new cameras with. (I haven't *bought* a lot of brand new cameras in my life, but *sold* quite a few. In person and all. It's like people trained with rifles checking the breech when someone hands them one or something. Used to be that photo students were *too* afraid of light getting anywhere, now it's like I really think they assume you can always backscroll or something.

Photography has *always* been kind of voodoo to people, but now it's 'purchaseable' voodoo, I guess. Just *astounding* how fast ignorance sets in.

It's like being a sketch artist all your life and then finding out that no one has even a vague idea how a pencil works.

Anyway, maybe that's why one of these rolls ought to be shot. Even if it may suck.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 09-13-2010 at 01:44 PM.
09-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #844
Site Supporter

Updated List:

Nesster- Completed 1st round
sein06231- Completed 2nd round
IrishWhite- Completed 1st round
stevebrot- Completed 2nd round
PortlandPete Completed 1st round
Iso50- Completed 1st round
PGillin- Completed 1st round
St. Louis Area Group- Monochrome (2nd round)
Ratmagiclady (2nd round) Up Next
ryan s (2nd round)
Clicker (1st round)
Stevopedia (2nd round)
Blue (2nd round)
ismaelg- (2nd round, I can personally deliver it in Mar 2011 )
straightshooter*
woof

Haven't verified a 2nd Round participation
felix68 (?)
konraDarnok (?)
sasquatch- (?)
lawsonstone- (?)

09-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #845
Site Supporter

. . .a shot with the back opened to demonstrate that there was film inside!!.

:OhNo:

Anyway, I used my MZ-3 on a roll of K64 buy have been mainly using the K2. I was initially going to use one roll in my K for nostalgia but decided I didn't want to since I while have a about 7 working light meters but they are all vintage such as the Norwood Director etc. Remember this is slow slide film we are talking about.
09-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #846
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
:OhNo:

Anyway, I used my MZ-3 on a roll of K64 buy have been mainly using the K2. I was initially going to use one roll in my K for nostalgia but decided I didn't want to since I while have a about 7 working light meters but they are all vintage such as the Norwood Director etc. Remember this is slow slide film we are talking about.
I might have to cheat on the meter. I overexposed everything with the incident meter last time. This time I could use the Studio Deluxe. Certainly can't cheat with a K10D at ASA64 (what the heck is the ISO conversion from ASA anyway)? Won't be shooting NASCAR, that's for sure!

Enough typing and musing. I'll have to shoot several rolls just to get something up here is a reasonable time. Maybe I'll show everybody St. Louis.
09-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #847
Site Supporter

I might have to cheat on the meter. I overexposed everything with the incident meter last time. This time I could use the Studio Deluxe. Certainly can't cheat with a K10D at ASA64 (what the heck is the ISO conversion from ASA anyway)? Won't be shooting NASCAR, that's for sure!

Enough typing and musing. I'll have to shoot several rolls just to get something up here is a reasonable time. Maybe I'll show everybody St. Louis.
ISO = ASA * 1.0

Steve
09-14-2010, 06:54 AM   #848
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
ASA=American Standard Association
ISO= International Standards Organization
DIN= german scale for film sensitivity
ISO combined both. What was ASA 100, was DIN 21
Now it is called ISO 100/21

So for all practical purposes, ISO=ASA

Thanks,

09-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #849
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How's the Sightseer going?

I just noticed that there are only 3 pictures in the Pentax Photo Gallery with S1A/H3V/SV cameras, and 2 of those are mine with the Sightseer! There is one more under review. Has anybody else submitted pictures from the Sightseer tour to the Pentax Photo Gallery?
I would like to encourage you to submit your best Sightseer pics to the PPG.
Let's show the world film is alive!
Log live film!
Long live the Sightseer!

Sorry, got carried away

Thanks,
09-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #850
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
...Has anybody else submitted pictures from the Sightseer tour to the Pentax Photo Gallery?
I submitted a couple of the better ones, but none accepted.

Steve
09-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #851
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I submitted a couple of the better ones, but none accepted.

Steve
PPG is ran by a bunch of Hosers.
09-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #852
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
...a bunch of Hosers
Now there is a slang term that I have not seen for a long time You a fan of the Mackenzie brothers, eh?

Steve
09-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #853
Site Supporter

PGillin, Got any photos to post?
09-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #854
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I will once I have them all developed. I've got a backlog, there's about 8 rolls in my fridge waiting to get sent in.
10-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #855
Lens Buying Addict

I've had the SSS for about two weeks now (or is it three?) and during that time I have literally not had a single afternoon to do anything but work - which is not altogether a bad thing. It doesn't appear that will change any time soon.

I think I will send the camera on to the next person rathyer than making you all wait ANOTHER couple weeks.