Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #916
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
RML,
I've been having a little bit of a shutter/mirror issue on my KX (They told it was serviced....) recently. In cold weather, the mirror sticks up until I advance the film and I can't tell if the shutter is closing. It seems to happen mainly if I'm coming from a warm building out into the cold of from the cold into somewhere warm. Is this what the SightSeer has been doing? If so, What do you suggest I do about it?
The S Series to the K series are all built on more or less the same shutter and chassis so I'm hoping whatever worked on the SightSeer will cure my KX.....
Well, we described it above, ...I've been blaming it on the temperature and humidity swings. Apart from thinking it has to do with the stopdown mechanism slowing up the works, in Sightseer's case (since it would not occur with the lens set to manual stopdown) I've been blaming it on *swings* in temperature and humidity and maybe old lube. (Moisture involved?) I don't know if anything I did really can be credited for the symptoms going away (Apart from being nice and exercising the shutter a few times a day for a couple of weeks, I didn't actually *do* anything but try and diagnose by feel, The camera *had* sat idle while Monochrome was unwell and surely got chilly in transit, (I did let the package warm up before opening, though, it was a damp day.) )

So, no certain answers but what we came up with above. We did have some kind of chilly days recently, but I don't think I shot with Sightseer on those days, (Should have thought to try, but it made me creaky. )

05-11-2011, 06:02 AM   #917
Forum Member

Hey, are you guys still doing this? It sounds like fun - could I join too?
05-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #918
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kc.virginia Quote
Hey, are you guys still doing this? It sounds like fun - could I join too?
Here is the revised list:

Nesster- Completed
sein06231- Completed 2nd round
IrishWhite- Completed 1st round
stevebrot- Completed 2nd round
PortlandPete Completed 1st round
Iso50- Completed 1st round
PGillin- Completed 1st round
St. Louis Area Group- Monochrome (2nd round)
Has SS
Ratmagiclady (2nd round, has it)
ismaelg- (2nd round )
Clicker
(1st round)
ryan s (2nd round)
Stevopedia (2nd round)
Blue (2nd round)
straightshooter*
woof

I need to verify that the upcoming people want to do it, but we can work you into the list. We may take up a collection to send this puppy to Eric for a cla.
05-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #919
Forum Member

Cool - thanks, Blue!

05-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #920
ghl

Wow, I totally missed this! If it's not too late I'd like to be added to the list. Who should I pm?
05-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #921
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ghl Quote
Wow, I totally missed this! If it's not too late I'd like to be added to the list. Who should I pm?
me, but there is no need to PM, we will add you to the list.
05-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #922
ghl

Thanks Blue! Let me know when you need an address, etc.

Cheers!
05-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #923
Pentaxian

Sightseer is here, and, no excuses, I forgot all about the diagnostics right at the end of my test-roll: I can only offer as explanation that I'm really stressed out about upcoming move lately and totally forgot I have a few rolls of film to develop, including the almost-shot one in Sightseer.

If anyone's ready, I guess send me an address, and someone nag me to see if this shutter's really fixed. (Also, I think Ismaelg now has one of these for his very own, so I don't know if he still wants to be next.)

05-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #924
Site Supporter

Lets see if KC. Virginia is ready in order to work in the new folks first. KC.Virginia can send it to GHL.
05-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #925
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Working the new folks first sounds good. My second round can wait after them.

Thanks,
05-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #926
ghl

Hey Blue and all,

I just received some bad news concerning the health of a family member, so please pass on the sightseeing screwmount to the next person. I won't be able to take any pictures anytime soon.

Thanks.
05-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #927
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ghl Quote
Hey Blue and all,

I just received some bad news concerning the health of a family member, so please pass on the sightseeing screwmount to the next person. I won't be able to take any pictures anytime soon.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear that. I hope and pray that things go well for the individual and for your family.

Steve
05-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #928
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sorry to hear that. I hope and pray that things go well for the individual and for your family.

Steve
Me, too. Someone nag me to get this stuff in the soup ASAP: things have actually been fair busy here. But unless anything turns up in the negs, I think the technical issues are on hold for the summer.
05-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #929
ghl

Thanks Steve and RML. I'll let the thread know when I can be reinserted into the circular file.

BTW, the B&W photos were nicely done, Steve. My favorite was the lodge interior, great exposure.

Have fun!
05-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #930
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm still here sans Pentax digital, kept my K2 and SV both with 55/1.8 shooting Kodak CN