Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
03-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #1081
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kc.virginia Quote
Hey, I finally was able to get back on here and I noticed that my name came up (quite a while ago!). Sorry to flake out! My Spotmatic broke last summer so I wasn't doing any film shots. (And I didn't subscribe to email notifications on this thread. Oops.) Anyway, I apologize for not coming back and checking in. I recently had an older friend who knows a little about cameras look at my Spotty and he "fixed" it (or at least, film now loads and I can take pictures).

If you wouldn't mind adding me to the list again (at the bottom of course) that would be really nice, but if not, I understand. Again, my apologies!
We will and bump for the thread.

03-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #1082
Forum Member

Thanks, Blue! (My notifications are working again.)
03-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #1083
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome back!! Take care, though. At least two of us liked the Sightseer so much we found an SV for our own collections and had it brought back to like-new <G>
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #1084
Forum Member

Yeah, so far this forum as a whole has been dangerous for my budget, as I keep wanting to get new (old) cameras....

03-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #1085
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kc.virginia Quote
Yeah, so far this forum as a whole has been dangerous for my budget, as I keep wanting to get new (old) cameras....
It if funny how that works. It is really good to develop a plan and show some discipline.
03-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #1086
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
It if funny how that works. It is really good to develop a plan and show some discipline.
...yes, a plan...and discipline too! My recently acquired SV is due back from Eric pretty soon and the Super-Tak 55/1.8 from KEH got here today. So much for discipline! I need another film SLR body like I needed the 1957 Kiev 2a that arrived today as well.

Steve

(The Kiev is very pretty and in excellent condition. Not as smooth in operation as my 1961 Kiev 4A, but much nicer viewfinder. Let me see...I now have three Jupiter-8 in Contax mount, a Jupiter-12, a Jupiter-9, and a Helios 103. So much for discipline...)
03-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #1087
Pentaxian

Discipline??

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
...yes, a plan...and discipline too! My recently acquired SV is due back from Eric pretty soon and the Super-Tak 55/1.8 from KEH got here today. So much for discipline! I need another film SLR body like I needed the 1957 Kiev 2a that arrived today as well.
Yes...a plan...and some discipline. Since the New Year I have successfully avoided buying any new/old cameras or lenses. Of course, there was the new bellows for the Cambo 8x10, some film holders, and the film...hundreds of dollars in film...I just cannot understand why Kodak cannot make any money, their film is SOOO expensive.

So much for discipline. (Now, back to that flea bay posting of a nice Pentax SV.)

04-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #1088

Sorry it's been ages since I've last checked in. There's been so much going on, I've barely had time to even touch the Sightseer this past while; I still haven't even finished my first roll yet, but I haven't forgotten the Sightseer. It was probably not the best of timing to get the Sightseer when I did, however.
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #1089
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
Sorry it's been ages since I've last checked in. There's been so much going on, I've barely had time to even touch the Sightseer this past while; I still haven't even finished my first roll yet, but I haven't forgotten the Sightseer. It was probably not the best of timing to get the Sightseer when I did, however.
I won't complain if I hear friendly nagging about putting my last Sightseer film in the soup. If I did any shots of merit besides shutter diagnostics it'll be a pleasant surprise, but I should do negs.
04-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #1090
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I won't complain if I hear friendly nagging about putting my last Sightseer film in the soup. If I did any shots of merit besides shutter diagnostics it'll be a pleasant surprise, but I should do negs.
Post some pix!!!!! nag, nag, nag . . .
05-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #1091

I've had the Sightseer for far too long, and it's time for it to move on. I've not been able to do nearly as much photography as I'd have liked for the past year or two, but that's how life goes at times, and it seems it'll be that way for a little while yet at least. I don't want another turn with the Sightseer, at least not yet.

Can someone please tell me where the Sightseer is off to next?
05-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #1092
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
I've had the Sightseer for far too long, and it's time for it to move on. I've not been able to do nearly as much photography as I'd have liked for the past year or two, but that's how life goes at times, and it seems it'll be that way for a little while yet at least. I don't want another turn with the Sightseer, at least not yet.

Can someone please tell me where the Sightseer is off to next?
That would be Clicker.
07-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #1093
Pentaxian

Any News?

Haven't heard anything? Thought I would give this a bump and see if the Sightseer is still out there traveling around and taking pictures? Hate to see this thread peter out now.
07-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #1094
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Haven't heard anything? Thought I would give this a bump and see if the Sightseer is still out there traveling around and taking pictures? Hate to see this thread peter out now.
Clicker declined a turn. Stevopedia still has it. IsmaelG and Nesster are up next according to the list.
09-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #1095
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

BUMP! Where is the sightseer? Is it still on tour or missing in action?? Cliff