Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #1111
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If someone wants to put the pins in for me, here are the locations where I did my shooting:
  • Vancouver, WA
  • Portland, OR
  • Larch Mtn, OR
  • Mt. Hood, OR
  • Columbia River Gorge, OR/WA
  • Willamette River, OR

Steve

03-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #1112
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Partly as a result of following this thread, I just picked up a very nice H1a. I'm looking forward to running totally meterless with my Takumars - the way I used to take photos when I first started in photography (sunny 16 rules).

It looks like this thread might have died - but I hope not! It's been fun to follow. Thanks to all who have posted.

-Joe-
03-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #1113
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by k0og Quote
Partly as a result of following this thread, I just picked up a very nice H1a. I'm looking forward to running totally meterless with my Takumars - the way I used to take photos when I first started in photography (sunny 16 rules).

It looks like this thread might have died - but I hope not! It's been fun to follow. Thanks to all who have posted.

-Joe-
Joe: What would you think about joining (or managing) a Social Group for "S" cameras (SV, S1a and the Honeywell variants)? We could do Daily Picture threads, subject threads, all kinds of stuff. I'd bet there are plenty of meter-shooters around here.

AFA the map:
  • Museum of Transport, Ballwin, MO - 63122
  • Kirkwood, MO AMTRAK Station - 63122
  • Farmer's Market (downtown Kirkwood) - 63122
  • 1869 Railroad Bridge - 63122
03-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #1114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Joe: What would you think about joining (or managing) a Social Group for "S" cameras (SV, S1a and the Honeywell variants)? We could do Daily Picture threads, subject threads, all kinds of stuff. I'd bet there are plenty of meter-shooters around here.
I would certainly be willing to join and contribute to such a group, but would probably not be the best to manage it. Excellent idea I think!

(Did you mean, "...meter-LESS" shooters?)

Let's see if there is anyone else who might want to manage a group for "S" cameras.

Some film from the H1a is in the soup as I type!

-Joe-

03-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #1115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess I meant we have a separate light meter on a leash somewhere.
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #1116
Site Supporter

-Joe-
It hasn't died. It is just going through a slow period after several people in the group having 2 turns with it. We will try to turn it up a notch here very soon.
03-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #1117
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would certainly be willing to join and contribute to such a group, but would probably not be the best to manage it. Excellent idea I think!

Let's see if there is anyone else who might want to manage a group for "S" cameras.

-Joe-
I just joined the Single in April Film Game to see how that works. Let me think about it, but I'll probably jump start a Social Group for us. That might mean some kind of Games come around now and then, or just discussion and socializing.

We'd probably be best to make the group open to any Pentax body that doesn't have a built-in meter (meaning our "S" cameras would qualify because the meter is an attachment). That might also include early 6x7 cameras!!
03-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #1118
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great on the SSS still going.

Monochrome, put me on the list for the new "S" group. My Tri-X negatives dried and I did a quick scan. I'll have something to post tomorrow. The S1a is working fine, but the meter in my head needs some adjustment ;-).

-Joe-

03-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #1119
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

-Joe-
Take a look at the gear p0rn thread for pictures of my "new" (to me) H1a and some first photos taken with it.

-Joe-
03-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #1120
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
By the way, I see it has been three years since I had the sightseer! 2010 it seems. Who has it now?

02-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #1121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just curious whether the Sightseeing Screwmount has died or is still making the Rounds. Looks like the last Post was about a year ago. If it needs some TLC from Eric PM me.
02-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #1122
Site Supporter

Just curious whether the Sightseeing Screwmount has died or is still making the Rounds. Looks like the last Post was about a year ago. If it needs some TLC from Eric PM me.
It hasn't had much use since its last CLA. Stevopedia and I were unsuccessful with getting anyone to take a turn.
02-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #1123
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Huh. If you want to send it over here I'll give it a spin and post up the whole roll just on principle. Maybe I'll take mine with one lens and SSS with another for grins.
02-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #1124
Site Supporter

Huh. If you want to send it over here I'll give it a spin and post up the whole roll just on principle. Maybe I'll take mine with one lens and SSS with another for grins.
PM Pioneer and cc me on it.

Last edited by Blue; 02-27-2014 at 07:03 PM.
10-11-2015, 07:12 PM   #1125
Site Supporter

Bump