Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #856
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Monochrome, I am for you squeezing in a roll before sending it on. We are getting anemic on image posts!

10-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #857
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Monochrome, I am for you squeezing in a roll before sending it on. We are getting anemic on image posts!
x2

Steve
10-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #858
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I've had the SSS for about two weeks now (or is it three?) and during that time I have literally not had a single afternoon to do anything but work - which is not altogether a bad thing. It doesn't appear that will change any time soon.

I think I will send the camera on to the next person rathyer than making you all wait ANOTHER couple weeks.
Well, seeing as I'm next, (I just realized I didn't hit send on a PM to you yesterday: Net was spotty) I don't mind if you want to take another week or so to try, this is for fun, anyway. A while before Thanksgiving would probably be good: I'm expecting to be rather occupied for that week, at this rate before I could get the Sightseer on its way, unless I'm very quick, which isn't what I'm known for, these days, but is possible.

Anyway, let me know. Busy season for everyone coming.

As for image anemia, I have a clever plan where I'll shoot some C-41 and just pay a lab to do the scannings.
10-16-2010, 10:27 PM   #859
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks to this project and inspired by it, I just launched the "Traveling K1000" in my local photo club so they can put down their Canons and Nikons and use a K1000 with a 50 f2 for about a week or so each.
Traveling distances will be short thou, as we are all within 100 miles
La Cámara Viajera de Portada Fotográfica

Thanks for the inspiration!

11-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #860
Site Supporter

Bumpity Bump
11-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #861
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Bumpity Bump
Almost two months and no pictures? Where is the camera and what is happening with it?

Steve
11-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #862
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Almost two months and no pictures? Where is the camera and what is happening with it?

Steve

I haven't heard a word, but then again, I said I wasn't in a particular hurry. Should be ready, though, if I'm still next.

12-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #863
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

So what happened to the Sightseer? Was it transported into another dimension?

Steve
12-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #864
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
So what happened to the Sightseer? Was it transported into another dimension?

Steve
The above post is the last post Paul has made at P.F. which is not good considering how reliable and dependable he is. I have is mailing address if I can find it and drop a note to see if he is o.k.
12-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #865
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The above post is the last post Paul has made at P.F. which is not good considering how reliable and dependable he is. I have is mailing address if I can find it and drop a note to see if he is o.k.
That is scary. Hopefully he is just having computer problems or something.

Steve
12-20-2010, 09:15 PM   #866
Veteran Member

His profile says his last activity on here was 12-11-10, so he has been online in the past few weeks...
01-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #867
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What ever happened to the Sightseer?
01-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #868
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
What ever happened to the Sightseer?
It is still with Monochrome. See the previous posts. If this isn't resolved, I'm going to get out one of my SV or H3 bodies. However, I will probably need to get it CLA's first. I have mixed feelings about that though because the SV in circulations has a certain amount of Nostalgia with it.

Edit: RML is up next. I will be in Puerto Rico from March 18-24.

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
His profile says his last activity on here was 12-11-10, so he has been online in the past few weeks...
His activity hasn't changed.

Here is the revised list:

Nesster- Completed
sein06231- Completed 2nd round
IrishWhite- Completed 1st round
stevebrot- Completed 2nd round
PortlandPete Completed 1st round
Iso50- Completed 1st round
PGillin- Completed 1st round
St. Louis Area Group- Monochrome (2nd round)
Has SS
Ratmagiclady (2nd round) UP next
ismaelg- (2nd round, I can personally deliver it in Mar 2011 )Clicker (1st round)
ryan s (2nd round)
Stevopedia (2nd round)
Blue (2nd round)
straightshooter*
woof

Last edited by Blue; 01-08-2011 at 07:54 AM.
01-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #869
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In early December I had an emergency eye surgery on my left ("good") eye. My surgeon implanted an Ahmed glaucoma valve to control intra-ocular pressure - literally millimeter-measured after-market parts in my eye. Since that time I have been unable to see closer than 35" - just a blur - nor read, drive or use a computer as my vision gradually returns. There was apparently serious loss of sharpness and contrast in the left eye to complement the loss of visual acuity in the right eye from the prior event.

As of the last week I can see to read at 640x480 with maximum font size, but double horizontal images. Frankly, the SSS has sat in my home office. I am seriously tardy with it and I offer my apologies.

I can now forward the SSS to RML, will prepare the label today and send tomorrow.

I imagine photography is finished as a hobby so there will be some really nice legacy lenses and bodies in the Marketplace in coming weeks. Maybe a K-5 and LiveView will work, but we'll just have to see how recovery goes. I'm seeking a partner for work since my brain still functions just fine!

Last edited by monochrome; 01-09-2011 at 09:48 AM.
01-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #870
Veteran Member

...and here for years i thought my eyes were bad and finding the "perfect" glasses was my adventure, so sorry to hear about your predicament and hopefully you can somehow find a way to continue photography.