02-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #901
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
11 months ago...

02-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #902
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Hey, this thread's dropped down a page, and I haven't seen pics for a while... Like this guy I'm reading and waiting for some Sightseer sightings & images
Sightseer's here, (And the shutter seems to be firing OK now that it's warmer) I've been pretty slowed-down by my health for a few weeks, (Had something of a flare-up which seems to have knocked my immune system down a few pegs Feeling better, now, I'm just behind. ) ...enough I haven't gotten out to walk around much, (it occurs to me I've got a lot of macro stuff to fit this, though, associated with my duping setup and a thing or two I still have from when I was a kid. I can pad out a test roll with stuff like that and hopefully process something soon. )
02-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #903
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Guys I just found this thread and the flickr group that goes along with it. What an awesome idea, and such wonderful photos! Great work.
02-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #904

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
My suspicions are pretty close to yours. There is a timing issue between the shutter/mirror/cocking that seems to be worse with the slow speeds (IIRC). I remember showing Portland Pete how to reliably reproduce the issue, but don't remember the details now or if there was a workaround.

Steve
I seem to remember it having something to do with bumping the rewind button on the bottom, and the fix was quickly bumping the advance lever.

02-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #905
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If the Sightseer is working, Sunday will be a great day to shoot with it --

World Pentaxium Day -- February 27, 2011
02-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #906
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If the Sightseer is working, Sunday will be a great day to shoot with it --

World Pentaxium Day -- February 27, 2011
Good idea, Monochrome. You got it. Just loaded up, actually: the shutter issues have seemed to go away with the warmer weather, and I've been thinking of just tearing through a roll to loosen myself up, fill a developing tank, turn it over quick.
02-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #907
Veteran Member

So, Sightseer and I were just passing by a familiar haunt, which is a little the worse for wear and rather less-interestingly (But fairly-appropriately) -decorated, so I thought I'd grab another photo.

03-31-2011, 09:33 AM   #908
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How's the sightseer doing?
03-31-2011, 09:55 AM   #909
Veteran Member

This was a cool idea, surprised i am just noticing it now. I already have an SV with the same lens so i won't join but it's been great going back over the thread
03-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #910
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
This was a cool idea, surprised i am just noticing it now. I already have an SV with the same lens so i won't join but it's been great going back over the thread
Well I have an H3v and a K, as well as early Takumar 50's to match, and I've had it twice now.

The fun is using the actual camera that tohers on the Forum have used - and you know someone here has held the body and depressed the shutter button.

I hope you decide to join!!
03-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #911
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
How's the sightseer doing?

Oh, I'm being awfully slow, sorry about that, have been having a bit of a rough time healthwise and have been trying to catch up on everything else. Who's next, anyway, most of what I've shot has been to burn frames to develop for test roll purposes, but the good news is the shutter hanging-up problems seem to have gone away entirely since it got warmer. I'll try and step things up tomorrow.
04-01-2011, 07:49 AM   #912
Site Supporter

Don't worry too much. I have been dragging physically my self the past 3 or 4 months and am just now getting to where I can function.
04-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #913
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Oh, I'm being awfully slow, sorry about that, have been having a bit of a rough time healthwise and have been trying to catch up on everything else. Who's next, anyway, most of what I've shot has been to burn frames to develop for test roll purposes, but the good news is the shutter hanging-up problems seem to have gone away entirely since it got warmer. I'll try and step things up tomorrow.
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Don't worry too much. I have been dragging physically my self the past 3 or 4 months and am just now getting to where I can function.
Hey! Spring is right around the corner! I don't care what part of North America you live in (and probably most of the rest of the world, too) it was a tough winter. We're all beaten up.

But just think - what better feeling than that film door snapping shut? What better sound than that shutter firing? What better challenge to exercise the brain than digging out the old, rusty sunny 16 memories?

What could possibly be more exhilarating than opening that yellow (or green) envelope?

(C'mon, you have to get prints - CD only is just a cheat )

Go for it! - even just backyard shots. You'll be glad you did.

(As he thinks about the H3v that's sitting on the "send to Eric" table).
04-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #914
Veteran Member

Hee, it's more like sunny F22, lately, (during the day, anyway. ) I think I may have gotten too much in the past few days, but it's pretty tempting for me to go out without too much sun protection after the winter, and I've been hoping it'll improve my mood.

Right now I've got some Arista in that I was going to push along with another stray roll, which ought to do for a test (but as I shoot, I'm pretty confident Sightseer's well, as I mentioned)

I think the worst of it's been an early and pretty nasty allergy season down here, bad enough to be close to incapacitating at times, and not incidentally often dry my eyes out to where I don't feel like I can see so well. One thing I've discovered is that I can't really focus a 28/3.5 with Sightseer when it gets dim, (But it's otherwise a really pleasant lens to shoot, I'm looking forward to seeing if I've gotten anything good. Ought to put my nice polarizer on there.
04-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #915
Veteran Member

RML,
I've been having a little bit of a shutter/mirror issue on my KX (They told it was serviced....) recently. In cold weather, the mirror sticks up until I advance the film and I can't tell if the shutter is closing. It seems to happen mainly if I'm coming from a warm building out into the cold of from the cold into somewhere warm. Is this what the SightSeer has been doing? If so, What do you suggest I do about it?
The S Series to the K series are all built on more or less the same shutter and chassis so I'm hoping whatever worked on the SightSeer will cure my KX.....