Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #1036
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Blue - LeAnn Rimes

And Blue, you've no doubt had this reference linked to you numerous times, but under the circumstances we ARE blue over her (the Sightseer!).

12-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #1037
Pentaxian

A Few for the Fun of It

While we wait for repairs to be done, here are a few black & white images from one of my trips into Lamoille Canyon with the SV. These were captured on Ilford Pan F Plus 50 and stand developed in Rodinal.

A windblown tree in a snowstorm

Three large rocks almost completely hidden by an aspen grove.

A view of a glacier cut canyon through the passing snowstorm.

And it was definitely cold! The poor Sightseer was only able to get one or two shots and then back to the heater in the Jeep.

Enjoy the Holidays!
12-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #1038
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
When you figure out how to do it, I'm in for part of the cost. I haven't found my SV yet, but I have an H1a which I believe has everything but the self-timer (1/1000 is there, but not indicated).
PM pioneer for his paypal email and send him a small donation via gift. Eric is repairing the SV and Pioneer has already paid for the CLA.
12-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #1039
Pentaxian

Thanks Blue.

Please don't get carried away with the donations as the bill was only $67. The Sightseer is certainly worth that.

Eric is cleaning, lubing and adjusting. He will also replace the light seals and the mirror bumpers. The camera was front focusing just a bit so that should help bring it back into alignment. Since Eric already has my LX for a shutter adjustment he will send both cameras back together so shipping is already covered.

I will let everyone know when she gets back.

12-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #1040

It's been a long, long time since I've posted here, but I'm still around. My main hobby shifted away from photography for a number of reasons, but I'm still interested in it and the Sightseer. Good to see it's still around and getting some TLC from Eric, and it's great to see that people are still doing good work with it!
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #1041
Pentaxian

No Camera Yet

Just a quick up-date to let everyone know that I am not ignoring you. The Sightseer hasn't made it back to the house yet.

Have a Happy Holidays
12-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1042
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thought I'd post that I received my own SV today from woof. Sending it off to Eric for a refresh before I take it out to play but it sure looks nice on the shelf next to the K!

Last edited by monochrome; 12-17-2011 at 07:15 PM.
12-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #1043
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pioneer, the last camera, MX, I sent to Eric was just before Thanksgiving and it took almost 4 weeks to make the round trip. I think the holidays caused him to get a bit behind. Hope the Sightseer gets home soon. Merry Christmas.......Cliff

Last edited by usn ret; 12-28-2011 at 11:31 AM.
12-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #1044
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pioneer, did the Sightseer make it home in time for Christmas? Maybe NewYear? Hope you had a great Christmas Cheers.. Cliff
12-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #1045
Pentaxian

Sightseer Returns

QuoteOriginally posted by usn ret Quote
Pioneer, did the Sightseer make it home in time for Christmas? Maybe NewYear? Hope you had a great Christmas Cheers.. Cliff
The Sightseer is back. I picked it up from the US Post Office yesterday. I shot a roll and the shutter seems to be working beautifully. The action is crisp at all speeds. The film is being developed as we speak so we will see what happens. Stay tuned.
12-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #1046
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The sightseer is home

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
The Sightseer is back. I picked it up from the US Post Office yesterday. I shot a roll and the shutter seems to be working beautifully. The action is crisp at all speeds. The film is being developed as we speak so we will see what happens. Stay tuned.
Staying tuned and looking forward to your next post. THE SIGHTSEER IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #1047
Pentaxian

The shutter seems to be working great. Unfortunately the weather has been unseasonably warm so there has not been an opportunity to really test it out in cold weather. There will be a chance to make a run up into the snow this weekend. Until then, here are just a few of the quick test shots from yesterday.

The grandson heads out for a ride.

The Garden Gnome watches in amusement.

The cat, caught in the act.

The Indian Lamp

No shutter hiccups with this roll. After a trip to the snow this weekend there will be some more chances to test it out.

Until then, Happy New Years.
01-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #1048
Pentaxian

I can confirm that the camera is working great and there are no more shutter problems. Snow has been rare in the past few weeks and the weather has even been relatively mild. So I took a ride into the mountains on Tuesday to give the Sightseer a fair test in cold, mountain weather. There was not a lot of snow but the air was cold and there was a very cold breeze blowing down off the snowfields as well. This was a good test. Before the CLA by Eric I would have been able to get one, maybe two frames, before the shutter became to cold to work. This time around, not a single problem. I hiked down near the stream to get some of these shots and there was no where to warm the camera up.

I think that the Sightseer is properly repaired and ready to pass along to the next lucky user. I will PM Blue to determine the next person in line.

A few shots.

The wind was blowing off these ice fields on the side of the mountain you see here.

This tough little Mountain Mahogany Tree is clinging to the side of the cliff.

A large rock that has rolled off the side of the mountain.

The Campground in the Canyon below. A bit cold for camping now but it still looks pretty.

I hope your holidays were good and that you enjoyed your time with your families. Enjoy the year and I look forward to seeing more of the Sightseer's pictures now that it is properly revived.
01-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #1049
Pentaxian

Thank You Very Much

To everyone on this thread, you have been great to work with and I want to thank each and every one of you for giving me the chance to work with this terrific little camera. It has been a wonderful experience and I have really enjoyed myself.

I am wrapping the Sightseer up and getting it ready so it will arrive safely at its next destination. I haven't tried it out in really cold weather yet but I feel confident that the Sightseer has lots of years left and lots of opportunity to see many more places in your hands. The shutter is working very well right now so I suspect we will all see many more great images. I hope that each of you enjoys this camera as much as I have, and I hope all of you experience many more great picture opportunities during this New Year.
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #1050
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
To everyone on this thread, you have been great to work with and I want to thank each and every one of you for giving me the chance to work with this terrific little camera. It has been a wonderful experience and I have really enjoyed myself.

I am wrapping the Sightseer up and getting it ready so it will arrive safely at its next destination. I haven't tried it out in really cold weather yet but I feel confident that the Sightseer has lots of years left and lots of opportunity to see many more places in your hands. The shutter is working very well right now so I suspect we will all see many more great images. I hope that each of you enjoys this camera as much as I have, and I hope all of you experience many more great picture opportunities during this New Year.
Hey Pioneer: Great images. You are a very nice (I assume) guy and an excellent photographer. After a 12 month hiatus I have returned - with my own SV from woof, which Eric will bring back up and for which I will serve as temporary steward for 20 or so years.