IrishWhite- Completed 1st round
stevebrot- Completed 2nd round
PortlandPete Completed 1st round
Iso50- Completed 1st round
PGillin- Completed 1st round
St. Louis Area Group- Monochrome 2nd round completed

Ratmagiclady 2nd round, completed
KJon (completed 1st round)
Pioneer (Has it for 1st round, also sent it out for CLA)
ismaelg- (2nd round )
Stevopedia
(2nd round)
Blue (2nd round)
Clicker (1st round)
ryan s (2nd round)
straightshooter*
woof

Hats off to Pioneer for not only sharing his work with the SightSeer, but also for sending her in for a CLA.

01-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #1052
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ooops. Bad girl. It would actually have helped if I, err, processed this film, eh?

Not that I actually shot very much beyond shutter tests, but, eh, it somehow slipped off my to-do list, with all the stuff... I think I'll just hope the developer's still alive and do this.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote

Hats off to Pioneer for not only sharing his work with the SightSeer, but also for sending her in for a CLA.

*cheers!*
01-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #1053
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello everybody!

Glad to see the Sightseer in top shape. I'm always following this thread. I had a GREAT time with it in the first round.
I'm next for this round, but unfortunately, due to work commitments I won't be able to really enjoy it for now. Let's get it to the next in line.

Thanks!
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #1054

Guess that makes me next in line

It's gonna be nice to have the Sightseer again... hard to believe it was so long ago that I last had it. Now I'm a junior in electrical engineering at Clemson University, but I should have plenty of time to... well, see the sights around campus and the general area with the Sightseer.

01-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #1055
Site Supporter

Now that we have confirmed that SS is going to Sevopedia next and IsmaelG needs to delay, here is the revised list.

sein06231- Completed 2nd round
stevebrot- Completed 2nd round
Ratmagiclady- Completed 2nd round
St. Louis Area- Group- Monochrome 2nd round completed
PortlandPete- Completed 1st round
Iso50- Completed 1st round
PGillin- Completed 1st round KJon- (completed 1st round)
Pioneer- (Has it for 1st round, also sent it out for CLA)
Stevopedia (2nd round Up Next)
Clicker- (1st round)
ismaelg- (2nd round)
Nesster-
(2nd Round)
Blue- (2nd round)
ryan s- (2nd round)
IrishWhite- Completed 1st round
straightshooter*
woof

Last edited by Blue; 01-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
01-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #1056
Veteran Member

Please stick me to the tail end of the list... and when the time comes, I'll put it to the crew here: would you want me to swap in another lens in place of the Super Tak 28/3.5?
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #1057
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
would you want me to swap in another lens in place of the Super Tak 28/3.5?
No Way!! The 28/3.5 is one of the best reasons to take a turn with the Sightseer! No kidding! On my latest turn with the SV, the 28/3.5 was my lens of choice.

Steve

01-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #1058
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
No Way!! The 28/3.5 is one of the best reasons to take a turn with the Sightseer! No kidding! On my latest turn with the SV, the 28/3.5 was my lens of choice.

Steve

That one is a gem. I did discover, 'I totally can't focus this in dim light,' (too wide and slow) but it's just a pretty. Doesn't mean it might not be a good move to put something else in. Even just for a change if we start going round the list again. Might depend what's on offer, too.
01-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #1059
Pentaxian

Sightseer on its Way

Ok, the Sightseer is on its way to Stevopedia. Enjoy!
01-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #1060

The Sightseer has made its way to me safe and sound, complete with both lenses and the light meter. I'm impressed with how well it was packed. The next day or two are going to be gray and rainy, but after then should be a great time for a first photo walk around Clemson.

Just so's I know, how long should a round with the sightseer typically last?
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #1061
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
a first photo walk around Clemson.

Just so's I know, how long should a round with the sightseer typically last?
I'd love to see some views of Death Valley. Haven't visited there since I was a college student mid-70's. What you need, time wise - 2 weeks to a month?
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #1062

That timeframe sounds perfect, yeah. I can definitely get some color done and posted by then too, but unfortunately I haven't got the materials to do my own B&W processing and the photo department here has, as so many others have, gone all-digital, so that's sadly not an option.

As for sites around campus, I can definitely do Death Valley. And no mention of Clemson is complete, in my opinion, without a photo of Tillman Hall.
01-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #1063
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
That timeframe sounds perfect, yeah. I can definitely get some color done and posted by then too, but unfortunately I haven't got the materials to do my own B&W processing and the photo department here has, as so many others have, gone all-digital, so that's sadly not an option.

As for sites around campus, I can definitely do Death Valley. And no mention of Clemson is complete, in my opinion, without a photo of Tillman Hall.
Oooh - that would be nice! Bright winter sun, etc.

I was a UVa Cheerleader. My FOV at Frank Howard Field was rather unpleasant. Twice.

I was, of course, on site before aluminum seats and the Upper Decks, etc. - but it was the noisiest damn stadium I ever (attempted to) cheer in. I actually don't remember much other than my partner Martha - a vivacious, athletic blonde - being, for the only times in all 4 years, absolutely discouraged.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-11-2012 at 03:21 PM.
01-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #1064

Elko Night Shot

When I saw that Pioneer was from Elko, Nevada, I had to post a reply. I lived in Elko from 1969-1971. This is a night scene of Elko I took in the fall of 1970 with my, at that time, brand new Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic.
Attached Images

01-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #1065
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bythorn Quote
When I saw that Pioneer was from Elko, Nevada, I had to post a reply. I lived in Elko from 1969-1971. This is a night scene of Elko I took in the fall of 1970 with my, at that time, brand new Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic.
Thanks for the shot Bythorn. I love these kind of things. Unfortunately the Sightseer has moved on but if you tell me where you shot that from I'll try to re-create it some evening real soon with my K1000 and post it up for you.