Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #151

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Yes. Absolutely. Let's make that a criteria from here on out!

Seaain
Good idea!

I have a (really bad) cliché self-portrait-in-a-mirror shot I can add to the cause, along with a shot of the getup taken with my *ist D. No shots of the SV with local scenery, though. Oh well...

02-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hee. And now to decide what film to put in. Thinking any of these black and white 400 films here. Seem to have a bit of everything at the moment.
I bet I can list a few you don't have LOL just kidding

Fuji Neopan 400? Get some 1600? I have 2 rolls of the 1600 I haven't had occasion to use yet :ugh:
Fomapan 400?
Arista (Agfa)?
02-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #153
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I do have the Neopan. Though I've been trying it out and would like to get some negs under the enlarger before I do too much more. (waiting for my not-exactly-all-weather wet-side darkroom on this score) It's been a while since fresh Tri-X, actuallly. Also have been thinking of going back to HP5.

No Fomapan, though.
02-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #154
Veteran Member

So, btw, Sightseer has been on the way since, Friday, I think it was. Should be here soon, though USPS seems to still be a bit behind with the tracking info, this month.

Had the F-1 out in play last night. Some fellow came by and was like, 'Hey, *Film?*

*beam* "Film."

"*Film.*"

It's kind of a fun thing about this town I've noticed, too, (I had a travellling Argus with me last year, unfortunately the rangefinder had gotten knocked out of whack in transit, something I didn't find out till I got the film back) ..When people see you shooting with real old stuff, it brings people out of the woodwork.

02-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #155

So, btw, Sightseer has been on the way since, Friday, I think it was. Should be here soon, though USPS seems to still be a bit behind with the tracking info, this month.

Had the F-1 out in play last night. Some fellow came by and was like, 'Hey, *Film?*

*beam* "Film."

"*Film.*"

It's kind of a fun thing about this town I've noticed, too, (I had a travellling Argus with me last year, unfortunately the rangefinder had gotten knocked out of whack in transit, something I didn't find out till I got the film back) ..When people see you shooting with real old stuff, it brings people out of the woodwork.
I'd say it should be there on Monday, especially considering it only took USPS three days to ship the camera from me (eastern Maryland) to felix68 (California).

It's nice to see that people recognize--and more importantly, appreciate--film, and film cameras. I think it's just a matter of time 'till film starts to rebound, and it will happen soon... if it hasn't started already!

Oh and by the way, the F-1 is one seriously nice body, with the optics to match... just as good as the LX and SMC glass. Do you have the original F-1, the revised F-1 or the New F-1?
02-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #156
Veteran Member

*beam* "Film."

"*Film.*"
Haha, I had the same thing happen when I was out with my OM-1 a couple of weeks ago. Some random guy (who walked in front of the camera just as I was about to take a picture) says something like "hey, is that a film camera?" and upon hearing my confirmation he broke out in a smile and said something about being happy people still used good old cameras. He must have been upwards of 50, and I'm 23, so I guess people are happy to see young "digital generation" people still appreciate the beauty of the mechanical SLR
02-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
I'd say it should be there on Monday, especially considering it only took USPS three days to ship the camera from me (eastern Maryland) to felix68 (California).

It's nice to see that people recognize--and more importantly, appreciate--film, and film cameras. I think it's just a matter of time 'till film starts to rebound, and it will happen soon... if it hasn't started already!

Oh and by the way, the F-1 is one seriously nice body, with the optics to match... just as good as the LX and SMC glass. Do you have the original F-1, the revised F-1 or the New F-1?

Hee, yeah. She's a New F-1 (aka, the F-1N, not F-1n, which is the second version, in Canon circles. ) Very like an LX, this one (built on the same general concept: hybrid shutter, interchangeable finders, etc) , though the LX is a bit smaller. Actually gets mistaken for a digital by a lot of people that don't know better, with the winder on there. I've got the AE finder,which has kind of a distinctive shape to it, though, I think this fellow may have recognized that.

One of my favorites, though. Always did want an excuse to get an LX, though, ...I never foresaw this circumstance where it'd be to go with a digital kit.

And, Erik, I'm certainly happy to see younger folks still interested in the film, myself. I always kind of liked those Olympus cameras, too.

Oh, and I'll be watching the mails carefully.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-22-2009 at 04:54 PM.
02-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #158

Heck yes, younger people are interested in film!!

I'm not even out of high school yet, but I'm already planning my next CBA/LBA buys... and when I'll shoot my first rolls of Kodachrome.... *drool*...

I still think that B&W film, shot in a fully manual mechanical body, developed and printed yourself, is *THE* way to learn photography.
02-23-2009, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #159
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
Heck yes, younger people are interested in film!!

I'm not even out of high school yet, but I'm already planning my next CBA/LBA buys... and when I'll shoot my first rolls of Kodachrome.... *drool*...

I still think that B&W film, shot in a fully manual mechanical body, developed and printed yourself, is *THE* way to learn photography.
of course they are. I have this forum to thank for that, as I started with digital. but I am young (24 is still young these days right?) and am certainly into film. right now my K-m is sitting with the body cap on, the K110D is in its box. the SP is loaded with Tri-X, the MX is loaded HP5, and my new arrival is loaded with Fujichrome.
02-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #160
Site Supporter

Stevopedia and Seamuis,

Go out in the World and spread the word. Film is cool.
02-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #161
Veteran Member

Heehee. Yes. Film is cool.

Actually, you know, Seamuis, you came off as though you were somewhat older than that. *creak.*

Ah, Kodachrome. I ended up losing my taste for it, apart maybe from the 25, but it's something everyone should do at least once.

Mail-carrier just came, unsurprisingly, no Sightseer, yet. That'd be pretty fast for here, even if things weren't seemingly running slow of late. It's just as well, really, ...fighting off a sniffle, today, anyway.
02-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #162
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Actually, you know, Seamuis, you came off as though you were somewhat older than that. *creak.*
I get that so often on this forum, I wonder why?
02-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I get that so often on this forum, I wonder why?
It must be the *film!*
02-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #164
Site Supporter

I found a roll of Ektar 25 that should have been developed by 1990 earlier this evening and a couple of other rolls of film that should have been developed in 2000 and 2001. The Ektar is older than Stevopedia.
02-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #165
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have some ISO 64 and 164 films that expired before I was born, bought by my parents and frozen since.

They should have been used by 1978...about 6 years before my time