Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2009, 03:23 AM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I found a roll of Ektar 25 that should have been developed by 1990 earlier this evening and a couple of other rolls of film that should have been developed in 2000 and 2001. The Ektar is older than Stevopedia.
I have a roll of it that my mother sent over to me when she dug some stuff out of my old camera bag containing that Canon AE-1 that I got as a high school graduation gift. I can't even remember when I bought it, but it has to have been over 20 years ago.

I'll probably shoot it some day.

02-24-2009, 03:45 AM   #167

I've got a roll of Ektachrome 200 sitting on my desk that should have been processed by Feb 1994. That makes it about as old as I am (18), right? My dad actually has a bunch of late '80s/early '90s E-chrome and I wanna shoot a roll and see how it turns out...

(what, is this the "who has the oldest film" thread now? )
02-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #168
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
I have two unused rolls of Kodachrome. Kodachrome II with a develop by date of Nov 1970 and Kodachrome with a develop by date of Nov 1947.
02-24-2009, 06:30 AM   #169
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I've got a roll of Ektachrome 200 sitting on my desk that should have been processed by Feb 1994. That makes it about as old as I am (18), right? My dad actually has a bunch of late '80s/early '90s E-chrome and I wanna shoot a roll and see how it turns out...

Um, last year I developed a roll of film from 1976. All of it developed and was, for the most part, fine. That film sat in a drawer for the entire time. I did not develop it at the time because I thought there was nothing remarkable on it. At this point I'd say everything on it was remarkable.

I can't prove all of this of course, but my advice to anyone sitting on something similar is develop it.

woof!

02-24-2009, 06:44 AM   #170
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Um, last year I developed a roll of film from 1976. All of it developed and was, for the most part, fine. That film sat in a drawer for the entire time. I did not develop it at the time because I thought there was nothing remarkable on it. At this point I'd say everything on it was remarkable.

I can't prove all of this of course, but my advice to anyone sitting on something similar is develop it.

woof!
I have about 50 or so rolls of film in the fridge waiting to be developed.. im turning into a Garry Winogrand....
02-24-2009, 08:19 AM   #171
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a roll of Agfacolor that expired in 1988, (for good luck, don't ask) and some Kodachrome 25 ranging from 89 to 93 in expiration date.

And I'm the original owner.

Oh, and let's see, here. According to tracking, Sightseer just left CA yesterday, for what tracking's been worth, lately. Could be a couple more days, anyhow. But, I'm *probably* not getting too far till I fully shake this cold that knocked me down a bit yesterday.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-24-2009 at 09:27 AM.
02-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #172
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote

woof!
This stuff I pulled out was not used! It has been refrigerated most of the time.

02-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #173
Veteran Member

I *have* shot some very old black and white: some friends and I uncovered a little chest of stuff that was like thirty years old at the time: it had some old Tri-x or plus X from back when that was a lot slower than we're used to, and a few other random things.

Got some images, too.
02-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #174

Some of that Ektachrome I was talking about earlier is exposed/undeveloped. I'll have to get it developed just to see what's on it...

And why is it that the SV is only just leaving CA? I wonder if the tracking's awful, or if USPS is just being really slow?
02-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #175

SV Must Be On the Scenic Route

Some of that Ektachrome I was talking about earlier is exposed/undeveloped. I'll have to get it developed just to see what's on it...

And why is it that the SV is only just leaving CA? I wonder if the tracking's awful, or if USPS is just being really slow?
Yeah, I just checked the tracking and it is saying that the package left the San Jose facility yesterday, 2/23. Strange becasue I dropped it off on Friday 2/20 at lunchtime.
Oh well, ratmagiclady, you are just going to have to be patient I guess. The USPS must be making up for how fast the SV got from Stevopedia to me!
02-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #176
Veteran Member

No telling, really. Either, as it seems, it simply didn't get out until Monday, or the tracking's being vague. I ordered something earlier this month and it wasn't really telling me much.

And, don't worry, Felix, I'm not really in a hurry, and it hasn't missed anything but me having a sniffle. The weather's supposed to be getting pretty nice, this week, anyway, which should mean it'll be a bit more lively downtown in a few days, anyway.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-24-2009 at 03:51 PM.
02-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #177
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I *have* shot some very old black and white: some friends and I uncovered a little chest of stuff that was like thirty years old at the time: it had some old Tri-x or plus X from back when that was a lot slower than we're used to, and a few other random things.

Got some images, too.
I'll use this old film just to see what happens. I'll even take some close-ups of the boxes and cartridges since they are "vintage" themselves. The scary part is I bought the stuff.
02-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #178
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I'll use this old film just to see what happens. I'll even take some close-ups of the boxes and cartridges since they are "vintage" themselves. The scary part is I bought the stuff.
Hee. Color, on the other hand, I don't know what you'll get out of it.

And, looks like the tracking info was in fact goofy, (or the Sightseer took a plane) ...now it shows the parcel got to town this morning. That means it could arrive today, even.
02-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #179
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hee. Color, on the other hand, I don't know what you'll get out of it.

And, looks like the tracking info was in fact goofy, (or the Sightseer took a plane) ...now it shows the parcel got to town this morning. That means it could arrive today, even.
I find USPS tracking so-so at best most of the time. however this is good news (particularly since I am next in line.) wont have to wait long though as shipping from Atlanta to Savannah shouldn't be to tough for the USPS. I hope...
02-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #180
Veteran Member

And, here's the parcel! I'll open in just a few minutes. Need to have a bit of a walk.

Yeah, I presume the post should be reasonably quick to you, Seamuis. On this end, it appears we have a new regular mail carrier, ...one thing that's been slowing me up is we've had a bunch of substitutes lately. Nice folks, most of them, but I think they'd fall behind.

(a bit later: And, here we go, everything seems to be working OK, so far. Did notice the long seals are about gone, though, would you like me to lay some new ones in there, Seeain? Afraid I've got no felt, but no one seems to have had a problem with light leaks, yet, anyway. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-25-2009 at 10:22 AM.