Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Alright, cool. I suppose it will move on June 15th so the next person can get it by the next weekend.

Sending a PM...

Edit: Conrad has confirmed he's next

Last edited by ryan s; 05-28-2009 at 11:57 AM.
05-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Count Me In

This is one of the most fun ideas I've come across in a while. I'm happy to give it a shot.

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Just ask and agree that you'll pay shipping for sending the camera to the next in line... which in your case is me unless someone else joins.

One of the rules is that you work out with the next person where to ship it. We are not publishing that information here.

If for some reason the next person in line does not respond to PMs in a reasonable time, they forfeit and next in line gets the camera. I just ask that everyone act responsibly and let me or the list know when the item was shipped. A tracking number is appreciated.

If that is all acceptable, welcome aboard! The list is then:

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (completed)
Ratmagiclady (completed)
séamuis (completed)
blue (completed)
ryan s (in hand)
konraDarnok
stevebrot
St. Louis Area Group (monochrome)
sasquatch
lawsonstone
woof

woof!
05-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #303
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
This is one of the most fun ideas I've come across in a while. I'm happy to give it a shot.
Yay! And yay!
05-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #304
Veteran Member

It's here...just came about a half hour ago

05-29-2009, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #305
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
Yeah, pretty neat idea - - glad you're joining in.

The closest I'll ever get to shooting with one of these otherwise is my Spot-F (which I will bring along to keep the Sightseer company when the St. Louis group gets together).

I've seen Javier's K1000 moving around the world in another Pentax Forum, and the Nifty Fifty (M50/2.0) here - it has at least 18 months of reservations - but this is a real treat woof has given us!
05-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #306
Veteran Member

I made a little story about the camera already, you can read it here Just follow the set...

To answer the question: Yes.*

Sorry for the quality...only one flash plus no light equals mediocre pics That...and flickr keeps messing with my post processing I'll stay on it for the social aspect but won't give them any money to "go Pro."

Seaain...the light meter's top cover is perilously close to breaking off. Should I do something with it? Oh and I didn't see any instructions (although I don't need them).

*(The question I know a lot of people will ask is: "Do you have a lot of time on your hands?" )
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #307
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote

I made a little story about the camera already, you can read it here Just follow the set...
Very cute story...I half expected the SV to have a cartoon bubble exclaiming, "I come in peace for all film-kind..."

Steve

05-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #308
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Meter Leather Cover

Seaain...the light meter's top cover is perilously close to breaking off. Should I do something with it? Oh and I didn't see any instructions (although I don't need them).

*(The question I know a lot of people will ask is: "Do you have a lot of time on your hands?" )
I have a Sekonic Micro Leader that the selenium has pretty much worn out on. The leather holder looks remarkably similar to this - if the holder from mine fits the meter Seeain included I will add it to the kit with my compliments.

EDIT: Sekonic Leader Model L VI

Last edited by monochrome; 05-29-2009 at 02:06 PM.
05-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #309
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Very cute story...I half expected the SV to have a cartoon bubble exclaiming, "I come in peace for all film-kind..."

Steve

Bubbles would have been a good way to tell the story (although I still spent like 45 minutes moving everything, post processing, and typing/uploading ). Also a good thing I didn't do this outside
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have a Sekonic Micro Leader that the selenium has pretty much worn out on. The leather holder looks remarkably similar to this - if the holder from mine fits the meter Seeain included I will add it to the kit with my compliments.
That would be nice! I might just use the "door" on the meter to stop its readings when out, if I use it...the selenium in this one doesn't seem particularly active.
05-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #310
Forum Member

If that is all acceptable, welcome aboard! The list is then:

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (completed)
Ratmagiclady (completed)
séamuis (completed)
blue (completed)
ryan s (in hand)
konraDarnok
stevebrot
sasquatch
lawsonstone
woof

woof!

Hello Gray,
I join the list around page 8, 2/5/2009 behind sasquatch. But per your list above, my name is gone. Please put me back in because I really like to try shooting with a Pentax SV.
Thanks & best regards,
Alexander Lee
05-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #311
Inactive Account

Original Poster

That's quite good. I LOVE the Leica. I really want one of those. Hmm, wanna trade?

Seaain...the light meter's top cover is perilously close to breaking off. Should I do something with it?
Yes, that frankly had started before I sent it. Hmmm. Taping it really won't work. I'd say cut it off. Keep it with the camera. My expectation will be that it won't make it back, but that's OK.

Oh and I didn't see any instructions (although I don't need them).
This is generally the correct manual. That meter is basically a Sekonic L8. The manual is for the delux version that included a low light ampliphier. Just ignore the whole thing about the amplifier. Let me know if that does it for you...

http://www.cameramanuals.org/flashes_meters/sekonic_leader_de_luxe.pdf

The original manifest included the following. Are most of these items still in the box?

Pentax Asahi SV
Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8
Leather half-case
Soligar 49mm UV Filter
Original (Honeywell) Lens Cap
Original SV Manual
Vintage Sekonic light meter... reflected light only (sorry)
Reprinted manual for Sekonic Meter

Thanks again. I have a felleing I'm going to really enjoy your set.

woof!
05-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #312
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Amended List

QuoteOriginally posted by sein06231 Quote
Hello Gray,
I join the list around page 8, 2/5/2009 behind sasquatch. But per your list above, my name is gone. Please put me back in because I really like to try shooting with a Pentax SV.
Thanks & best regards,
Alexander Lee
Right you are... So sorry... Based on the list as it was then, here is the amended list...

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (completed)
Ratmagiclady (completed)
séamuis (completed)
blue (completed)
ryan s (in hand)
konraDarnok
stevebrot
sasquatch
sein06231
lawsonstone
woof

Thanks!

Seaain
05-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #313
Inactive Account

Original Poster
That might work. I appreciate it monochrome... see if it fits and remind me when we get to this. Thanks!

I am concerned by Ryan's comment that the selenium on mine seems to be less than active. I don't care about the meter so much as making sure that everyone has a a working meter. I keep thinking about a better more active meter. let me see what I can find.

Monochrome, I might choose you as a place to mail another meter. Would that be OK?

Seaain
05-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #314
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That might work. I appreciate it monochrome... see if it fits and remind me when we get to this. Thanks!

I am concerned by Ryan's comment that the selenium on mine seems to be less than active. I don't care about the meter so much as making sure that everyone has a a working meter. I keep thinking about a better more active meter. let me see what I can find.

Monochrome, I might choose you as a place to mail another meter. Would that be OK?

Seaain
Sure, send it here - PM on the way. Try to time delivery for after June 6th, though.

Seaain, Please review my EDIT on the original Reply offering to change out the leather case - while at work I looked up a pbase image from FS gallery and see that my meter is an L-VI. I'd bet yours is the same size with just a different low-light door than mine has.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-29-2009 at 05:55 PM.
05-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #315
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sure, send it here - PM on the way. Try to time delivery for after June 6th, though.

Seaain, Please review my EDIT on the original Reply offering to change out the leather case - while at work I looked up a pbase image from FS gallery and see that my meter is an L-VI. I'd bet yours is the same size with just a different low-light door than mine has.
Turns out my meter is more responsive than I thought. I'm going out to test it versus my L-398 and if it is OK, Ill just put it in with the camera. Includes instructions - everything that was in the box when new - should be a fun addition.