Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
05-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #331
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yeah, its pretty close. There isn't really a top cover, though - the strap just holds it in. I bet if I tried to undo the snap that holds that strap down the whole thing would fall apart.

I was just reading the manual (I've never actually used this - it came in a grab-bag with a Spotmatic I bought for the S-M-C 50/1.4) and I'm stumped. There's something called "Compur" for lenses that have those settings, and then it seems to only meter to f/8 for regular aperture lenses; then you use EV to convert.

That can't be right, can it?
Weird...

The Sekonic manual shows how to use the settings with a Compur-equipped camera. The range for this meter is f/1 to 22 with no mention of EV steps...
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Thanks RML... I paid money for that manual. Nothing I was unwilling to lose, but I'd rather not.

woof
It will be on the way to me Monday

06-17-2009, 02:14 PM   #332
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just received the camera. I've already contacted the next person on the list. I'll have it for a couple of weeks or so -- then I'll post what I've taken on the Flicker site. And then I'll send a shipping notification to the next person.

06-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #333
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh dayum. If that were a canon it would be funny.
06-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #334
Veteran Member

Glad you got it ok, Conrad. Just a note...the manual is back in the box...

I didn't even get a chance to load the camera while I had it. Bad weather plus preparing for a car meet equals no time. Oh well. Having multiple hobbies sucks most of the time...

06-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #335
Veteran Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the only photos posted to the flickr site are Felix' shots. I've been avidly following this thread and would love to see all the shots in one place. Is there another group page other than this one Flickr: The Sightseeing Screwmount(s) Pool ?

Best to all,
Kevin
06-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #336
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like the only photos posted to the flickr site are Felix' shots. I've been avidly following this thread and would love to see all the shots in one place. Is there another group page other than this one Flickr: The Sightseeing Screwmount(s) Pool ?

Best to all,
Kevin
There is something goofy going on with flickr. I added some shots to the group way back when. I just tried to reload them but it said they are already there.
06-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #337
Veteran Member

Blue, thanks for making the effort. Hopefully things over at Flickr will get sorted out and all the uploaded pics will reappear in the pool. Did some more poking around and saw the shots of the SV in question, but no joy in terms of finding the missing pics.

06-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #338
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Best to all,
Kevin
I have had the same question. The camera has been traveling around, but I have seen very few pictures and only Felix's shots up on Flickr. Hopefully it will all get worked out.

Steve
06-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #339
Site Supporter

Here is a link to my flickr set with some of my images. There are a few taken with the k200d to compare lenses mixed in. The B&W are on Kodak BW400cn and the color are Gold 200. They are scanned with an Epson V500 from negatives.

Travelling Screwmount - a set on Flickr
06-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #340
Veteran Member

I should be able to put some up there, anyway. I got frustrated with my scanner again and kind of forgot to do more.

Err, actually, how does one go about that? Do I put them on my own Flickr and then do something?
06-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #341
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Blue, thanks for making the effort. Hopefully things over at Flickr will get sorted out and all the uploaded pics will reappear in the pool. Did some more poking around and saw the shots of the SV in question, but no joy in terms of finding the missing pics.
All submitted photos have been approved. I thought I set it so there was no approval for members.

~ woof
06-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #342
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

All submitted photos have been approved. I thought I set it so there was no approval for members.

~ woof
Eggcellenttt...

Steve
06-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #343
Site Supporter

~ woof
I forwarded a few more.
06-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #344
Veteran Member

I'll second Steve's "Eggzelent" and in my best Mr. Burns accent. Nice work with the SV, Blue, and nice to see some more of the photos in their proper "home", even though the source of them is still on the road. Looking forward to some more of yours, Ratmagiclady - the shots in the thread were stellar. Really pleased to hear there are more on the way.

Best to all,
Kevin
06-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #345
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I forwarded a few more.
Approved.

woof!