Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
READ ME: Only post about film cameras in this section!

Welcome to the Pentax Film SLR Discussion forum here on PentaxForums.com!

Please use this section to discuss:
  • Pentax 35mm film SLRs, from the earliest screwmount versions to the latest MZ-S and *ist!
  • Pentax Auto 110
  • Pentax compact film cameras
  • Non-Pentax film SLRs and compacts, except for those pre-autofocus models appropriate for the vintage camera forum
All lens-related threads should go in the Pentax SLR lens discussion forum, and all medium format discussion should go in the medium format sub-forum provided.

Enjoy!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

is it ok to discuss non Pentax film equipment here :P
08-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
is it ok to discuss non Pentax film equipment here :P
yes ....go a head
01-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #4

How to remove lens from a Pentax MV?

01-19-2016, 04:17 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DetroitIrish Quote
How to remove lens from a Pentax MV?
You'll want to post this question in a separate thread, but it's as easy as depressing the lens release button on the camera, then turning the lens counterclockwise (you facing the mount).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-14-2016, 11:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

hmm, the main Pentax SLR i use is the Auto 100... can i ask about it in this group?
04-13-2016, 05:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwi110Auto Quote
hmm, the main Pentax SLR i use is the Auto 100... can i ask about it in this group?
Yes, there's really only one "film" related subforum on the site (except for the " Film Processing, Scanning, and Darkroom " sub) , this one.
Just create a new thread for your question, but search this subforum first of course.

02-02-2017, 08:19 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adam, first, I understand the rule stated clearly in your top post here: Only discussion of "Pentax" brand film slrs in this forum section, which is titled: "Pentax Film SLR Discussion." Obviously, that means no threads about third-party Pentax-compatible film SLRs. I get it.

However, doesn't that seem just a little inconsistent with the forum section titled "Pentax SLR Lens Discussion" which might actually have more discussion threads about third-party Pentax-compatible lenses in it than it does about actual Pentax-band lenses?

I'm not arguing to change the rules, just making an observation. But I do have a question: Where is the proper place in the forum for threads about Pentax-compatible SLR cameras, that is SLRs that share either the m42 mount with Pentax models or the K-mount, or versions of those mounts and related features? Such cameras have been used with Pentax lenses for decades, continuing to today, and with the sorts of lenses the "Pentax SLR Lens Discussion" forum section is full of.

Discussion of such cameras would seem rather out of place in the section reserved for Non-Pentax Cameras in the "Off-Topic" section. How could we relegate a reliable old Ricoh, for example, who did its best for a Super-Takumar 55mm for fifty years to the camp of such hostiles as Canons and Nikons?

02-23-2017, 12:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Also looking for information on kmount slr like chinon and cosina
04-19-2017, 09:42 AM   #10

I have been discussing lenses here, sorry about that but I thought this was the correct place for "film era" lenses.
04-19-2017, 09:57 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Frosty66 Quote
I have been discussing lenses here, sorry about that but I thought this was the correct place for "film era" lenses.
Frosty66, the forum has many sections and layers. The thread you just replied to is in a section about film slr cameras. Lenses are in a different section. You'll find that some of the lens threads cover many brands, especially the "lens club" discussion threads, many of which are devoted to particular focal length (ranges) or even particular third-party brands of lenses, etc, etc, etc. The best thing to do is to explore.

The questions in this thread, just before you popped in, are about where is the best place to post threads about non-Pentax, but Pentax-mount-compatible third party cameras. We are hoping for a thoughtful response to that question.