Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks pretty good and quite a bit of usable stuff. Just one word of advice. Do not use the flashes on a Digital Camera! Test them first on a multi meter to get the trigger voltage. The DSLR can take up to 30 volts and better if it's 20 volts or less. Many of these old flashes were designed for mechanical triggers and today's cameras are electronic. Old flashes have been measured from 200 to as high as 600 volts. Those voltages will fry a DSLR after a few shots.

01-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Looks pretty good and quite a bit of usable stuff. Just one word of advice. Do not use the flashes on a Digital Camera! Test them first on a multi meter to get the trigger voltage. The DSLR can take up to 30 volts and better if it's 20 volts or less. Many of these old flashes were designed for mechanical triggers and today's cameras are electronic. Old flashes have been measured from 200 to as high as 600 volts. Those voltages will fry a DSLR after a few shots.

Good heads up, thanks. I have a flash for my DSLR, so I think I'm good there. Only flash use these bodies will see is as a cold shoe flash stand for off-camera wireless from the K200D.

Now I'm all giddy waiting for the Post, and shopping for film online.