Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice jgredline. I have just ordered a Pentax SMC 50mm 1:2 lens and am already thinking about some more. A far as CBA, It is taking all of my will power not to pick up another digital body. I have been heavily contemplating picking up a new k20d, Nikon D700, or Sony a900. With film, I intend to work with black and white first. After reading some other threads I plan on developing my own negatives. From what I understand this is a great part in enjoying film. Looking forward to the learning experience!

Regards

01-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #32

I recently went from digital to film. I agonized over camera, lens, film, ad nauseum. The best thing IMHO to do is borrow/buy an inexpensive slr and just shoot. Equipment is available in yard sales, flea markets, pawn shops, friends' homes, friends of friends' homes. Everyone has a favorite opinion about film, camera, lens, developing, etc. All the time I spent planning and dreaming the perfect equipment for the perfect shot possibly may have been better spent just taking a picture. I am not disrespecting anyone's opinions or thoughts. Equipment can be refined and acquired when you decide you are willing to make the commitment and at what level of involvement. In the meantime, grab a camera and just shoot.