Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2009, 12:44 AM   #1

Program Plus Focus Problem

Recently I've noticed a focus problem with my Program Plus, I've searched around and haven't found this problem anywhere so it doesn't seem common. The problem is when i focus off to infinity, the split focus screen does not line up, i have tried multiple lens and have tried have had the same problem. I have also taken a lens, focused it on an object around 5 feet away from me and then switched the lens with out changing the focus to two different Pentax camera's. With the two body's that do not have a focus problem, the focus does not change but when i switch the lens to the Program Plus, the focus is off.

what i was wondering is if anyone knows what the problem is and if this is a problem I could fix on my own or if I need to bring it in to a professional.

01-31-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Clever, that trick of trading a focused lens between bodies.

It does seem like you've eliminated anything but the PgmPlus - it could be the focus screen's somehow gone off registry. There's a lot of info on changing screens around; and someone probably will be able to tell you here as well.

You could look inside this cam and your good cam to see if things look the same up above the mirror. If the screen's loose or somehow moved you might be able to note that.
01-31-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
Forum Member

I have identical problems with very good condition Program Plus and 50mm f/1.7. It's detailed in this thread here

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/34313-my-progr...-infinity.html

Unfortunately I haven't another Pentax body or lens to compare with. I suppose my focusing screen is misadjusted and my focus is slightly off at all ranges. However the camera takes fine pictures, and I have forgotten about it, until I read this thread again, which made my OCD flare up. I suppose I would have to shoot a bunch of resolution charts with it wide open or something to find out if the focus was really off in absolute terms. It's still interesting to hear of another Program Plus with this issue.