Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by David Whiteley Quote
Cool! Yes, while it's often said the ME F was the first AF SLR, the ME F manual is quite clear that there was preceding AF technology. I guess the ME F represents a shift from lens-based to integrated-with-body AF.?

The ME-F was the first AF slr. AF lenses existed before the ME-F....

02-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
The motor in the lens is the latest fad (Canon EOS. Pentax SDM....)
Not to be "that guy" but you know, Canon EOS has had that "latest fad" in every lens since 1987...
02-05-2009, 07:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
Not to be "that guy" but you know, Canon EOS has had that "latest fad" in every lens since 1987...
Nitpicking time!

MP-E and TS lenses never had AF capabilities; hence no motor.

/pointless reply
02-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
That was like 6 years after the ME F was first released. Minolta was the cat's meow in mid to late 80s with AF sales etc. At least until they got sued by and lost to Pentax for ~ $132 Million about 1992. That may have did as much to help the EOS run wild on the market as any single event. While the EOS was good, it takes more than being good to be successful in the market. Otherwise, Mamiya's 35s would have shook thinks up with their bodies and lenses from the late 70s and early 80s.

02-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
For the curious, I've now expanded my shots of the ME F and matching AF Zoom, with a couple sample shots taken with the lens on my K20D. See this set on my zooomr site:

Samples of Pentax ME F and matching AF Zoom 1:2.8 35-70mm autofocus lens (photoset) | Zooomr Photo Sharing