Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
ME Super shutter button sticking?

Hi folks,

i have an ME super and the shutter button seems to be gone a bit dicky. initially i thought it was the batteries, which i replaced and hey presto the mter started to work again so i thought all was fixed.

However, the other day i took a few pics adn then the shutter button seemed to get stuck and the meter wouldn't work.

any ideas folks?

cheers

eoin

02-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm shooting form the hip here....
seems like some eletrical contact is faulty, Does the camera work in M setting?
Have you cleaned the battery chamber? rub it with an eraser and see if this works.
Otherwise you mayhave to send it to a technician.
02-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks for that titrisol.

i have not tried to clean the contacts - seems like such and obvious point, thanks for taking the time to point it out.

I will have alook and let you know how it comes out.

cheers

eoin
03-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #4

i have the same camera with shutter jam issue, the easy way to fix it is to take off the bottom cover, and unjam it. check the picture on the red circles.red circle on the left is the spring that attach to the shutter mechanism, the circle on the right is the jammed area, because the spring stiffness decrease, it will cause the jam there, use small screw driver to unjame it and put W40 on it, works great as grease.

Attached Images