Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Forum Member

Lost the motor drive cap

On my Program Plus where the motor drive would attach, I lost the cap. Is this going to cause any light leaking problems, or can I just use it like it is? I don't suppose I'll ever find a replacement.

02-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BetterSense Quote
On my Program Plus where the motor drive would attach, I lost the cap. Is this going to cause any light leaking problems, or can I just use it like it is? I don't suppose I'll ever find a replacement.

I don't think there is supposed to be a cap.
I have a PP in front of me, and no cap, and no threads in the bottom plate to take a cap.
02-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the ProgramPlus and SuperProgram series cameras don't come w/ that cap even when bought new. The ME/ME Super series cameras do have it in place, but it doesn't fit the one on ProgramPlus or SuperProgram camera.
02-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This seems to be true, as far as I can remember from selling these things new in a shop at the time... also checked the manual online, .

If it bothers you, you could simply cover it with a reasonably-stiff and durable sticker of some kind, as long as it can't mush down into the works.

But it shouldn't in general, be hurting anything.

02-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I think the ProgramPlus and SuperProgram series cameras don't come w/ that cap even when bought new. The ME/ME Super series cameras do have it in place, but it doesn't fit the one on ProgramPlus or SuperProgram camera.
Frank is correct. The Super Program/Program Plus did not have the cap on them, unlike the M series which was threaded for a cap.

It will not cause any type of light leak on your Program Plus.

CW
02-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
OK good. I didn't notice that the 'cap' was missing until I bought a ME and ME Super which DO have a motor drive cap. I then assumed the Program Plus was designed to have one too. Cool.