Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, there's someone.

Yeah, though, those Sigma wides are sleepers, both the 'mini wide' and the 'super wide.' Very nice, especially for what they cost at the time, even though everyone thought the names they stuck on were silly. We used to love to sell those, back in the day, though unfortunately, the Canon FD mount ones had an abominable imitation of the 'New FD' mount that wasn't really much fun.

As for the Takumar, would that be a 70-210 Takumar 'Bayonet' or Takumar-A? (I presume you reversed some numbers, there.) Pentax caught some flak a while back there for taking that revered name and putting it on a line of budget lenses, but it still could make a difference.

02-18-2009, 03:46 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkDuerst Quote
Thanks all for the replies.

Some great ideas. I am more than willing to donate to a student.

The camera has a P3 body with a Pentax 50 mm lense.
Takamar zoom 70-120 mm
Sigma super wide 24 mm
Tiffen 52 mm haze filter
Pentax AF160sa flash
carrying bag
neck strap (attached to camera)
manuals

Since no info on the 50mm(mostly it's f1.7 or f2.0), the most valuable item in that list is the sigma super wide 24mm, est about $80. Camera doesn't worth much for whatever reason, even it's in prefect condition(i have the same on setting in dust). If you want to sell it fast, you can put on local craigslist for about $150. I use DSLR, but still search craigslist for some cheap local old lenses. so you have alot of buyer out there.
02-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Lots of great help here.

That site KEH.com is almost overwhelming with all the info.
I have learned that I need to really read and understand all the info on the lense.
05-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #19
Inactive Account

My P3

My junior year in high school I made my first big purchase, a Pentax P3 camera kit. I still have it, still use it & still LOVE it! It's been all over the world with me & in the mid 90's I lost my 25mm lens on a plane. I have never been able to find a replacement. If anyone has one they no longer need or knows of any place one might be uptained (Not ANY Pentax website)PLease post the info. Thanks!

05-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you check out the "General" section in the forum, there's a college student who just had do sell his camera gear due to finances. He would probably enjhoy having something to shoot with again.
05-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@buffetajoe - If you are looking for information on a particular lens you will probably have better luck posting a new question in the lens forum ( Pentax SLR Lens Discussion - PentaxForums.com ) than resurrecting a thread about a camera body.

I'm not aware of any 25mm lenses made by Pentax (there were a couple of 24mm lenses), are you sure your lens wasn't made by a 3rd party?