Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
MV troubleshooting

I just pulled my OLD MV out of storage, and for some reason the stutter isn't working properly in Auto.
it clicks, but not all the way until I take it off the auto setting.
Sorry I don't know how else to describe it

I'm hoping that someone might have an idea what's wrong with it, or have a troubleshooting book.
Oh the batteries are new, along with a fresh roll of film.

edit, it looks like the shutter opens but doesn't close.

Last edited by little laker; 03-29-2007 at 05:45 PM.
03-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
pentaxuser

If the shutter works properly on the manual setting (1/100 second), I'd try cleaning the battery contacts in the battery chamber. Also, try excercising the shutter mode switch and the aperture ring of the lens while on the camera - the aperture-coupled potentiometer for the M-series cameras can get a buildup of dirt over time, and send the camera the wrong aperture setting. It may think you have the lens set for a small aperture, and try to set a long-duration shutter exposure.

Last edited by pentaxuser; 03-29-2007 at 07:45 PM.
03-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks pentaxuser, I'll give that a shot and see what happens