Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2009, 08:40 PM   #1

Thumbs up to Eric at pentaxs.com

My fiancee's Dad gave me his old Pentax MG 35mm SLR and it had a sticky shutter. I searched and found Eric at pentaxs.com. It seemed he had a good rep so i sent the camera to him for some TLC.

It turned out fantastic. He cleaned it up, new seals and bumpers, cleaned and lubed the mechanicals. He also ended up have to replace a few internal bits and fix my broken view finder window. He also added a missing winder cap, etc at no charge.

Ie, he went above and beyond the call of duty and really treated the camera as if it were his. Very fast turn around time.

So check out Eric at Home (pentaxrepairs@aol.com) if your camera needs some TLC.

02-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TXBDan Quote
So check out Eric at Home (pentaxrepairs@aol.com) if your camera needs some TLC.
As they say on TV "But wait!! There's more!!" Eric also does lenses at a very reasonable price.
02-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
As they say on TV "But wait!! There's more!!" Eric also does lenses at a very reasonable price.
He cleaned my lake-dunked Tamron 70-200 and fixed/cleaned my Vivitar 100 2.8 macro. I feel like I have two new excellent lenses now.

I'm going to be sending him a Tak 28 pretty soon here.

Super nice guy, also.
02-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Inactive Account

He got my Spotmatic F CLA'd and returned to me within three weeks, and he's halfway across the continent from where I live. The "local" camera repair shop (in Vancouver) said they needed six. How can you beat that? The camera works like new.

I'll give props for Eric any day.

02-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eric is good people, and an expert repairman.
I have been dealing with him for perhaps 15 years.
I'm sending him some more repairs this week...

Chris
02-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Eric is good people, and an expert repairman.
I have been dealing with him for perhaps 15 years.
I'm sending him some more repairs this week...

Chris
What Chris said. Eric is a gem.

Only ten years for me, but he's become almost like a friend.

Lots of users on this Forum swear by Eric and the quality of his work.

Glad you found him, TXDan

BTW, he's a member here, but rarely posts.
02-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #7

I wholeheartedly agree about the quality of Eric's work. My KX was back to me in beautiful condition three days after sending payment.

I have a K1000 SE that I'll be sending to him later.

What will the Pentax community ever do when Eric's gone?

02-16-2009, 12:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Some of the great places you have in the U.S. / North America, I really wish we had equal to that in Europe.
02-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #9
Forum Member

Thumbs up for Eric! Wish I have an Eric here. I live amongst headhunters in Borneo, a 12-hr+ time zones away from Eric. The chances of me sending my Pentax MX & lenses to him for repair will be very remote. In the absence of a local Eric here, I have to take preventive measures all the times. All my camera gears must be returned to their sealed boxes containing silica gels after use. I have kept up with this practice for more than 35 years....
12-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #10

Another Thumbs up to eric

I'd also like to publicly thank Eric (pentaxrepairs@aol.com)

He just repaired my old 35-210 Pentax zoom lens. It recently stopped focusing properly at infinity and I thought I would have to trash it.

Fortunately for me, a quick mail to Eric -- and in a remarkably short time for a reasonable price, I had my lens back good as new!
12-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Kudos to Eric.....Eric cleaned and adjusted my Pentax A *300 recently. Excellent price and had the lens back in a week in a half.
12-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drewdlephone Quote
He got my Spotmatic F CLA'd and returned to me within three weeks, and he's halfway across the continent from where I live. The "local" camera repair shop (in Vancouver) said they needed six. How can you beat that? The camera works like new.

I'll give props for Eric any day.
Please see this thread for warnings on using Vancouver camera repair shops for your old Pentax bodies. You might as well try and fix them yourself, you'll do a better job than they would.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/57065-bc-canad...hooters-2.html

Phil.
12-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
He fixed a water-damaged 50mm f1.4 I got from ebay for me, came back looking and functioning like new!
12-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sent him a Pentax A 400 a few years ago. The focus guides came loose and jammed the lens tight. He repaired it quickly and expertly. Works like new and I use it often. Need to send him the 500 4.5 next. The aperture ring isn't attached to the diaphram any more. Bought it that way.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT # SHOOT CONTEST #25 in compact camera forum. Enter 2nd anniversary #26. Any brand camera. Any subject. Enter now!
12-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yep, Eric is the man. I have sent him all my dslrs and a few lenses...I have been impressed by his workmanship and prices are killer good!