Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #16
graphicgr8s

Actually you might want to refer to the book as you're shooting. Personally I think you learn technique better with film. That being said, I love taking both digital and film with me on pleasure shoots. And more often than not it'll be my k1000 and the k10d. I shoot both with the same exposure to compare the differences and which I like better. Not for everything. Just when I see a shot that my look better one way or the other. Unfortunatley I have a conflict that week or I'd say let's get together for some shooting. (Yes, it is most assuredly something my wife will not let me get out of that week. Details will follow on the 16th)

02-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #17
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Our SKU #BLCP would be for the cartridges, and for the film you would need to enter in the search box on our website "Kodak 100' " and this will bring up all the bulk film we sell.

KODAK PROFESSIONAL EKTAR 100 Film / Disney's Animal KingdomŪ Offer

Hope this helps

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
We don't want to laugh at the dying here, but can you imagine someone from Ritz doing this?
02-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #18
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by thesaxman547 Quote
Thanks for the recommendations. I bought some reflectors and volumes 1 and 2 of Scott Kelby's digital photography books. I must say these are the most enjoyable how-to books I've ever read. I like how he incorporates his sense of humor into each chapter to keep the reader interested. I actually read the first book in two sittings yesterday (but will keep it in my camera bag for when I'm out shooting), and I'm working on the second one now.

Anyway, I'm heading down the week of March 15th... Pretty excited about it. I'm just trying to make sure I have everything (photography-wise) before I go. I started photography in January and only went through a few rolls so I'm still trying to get the hang of things and make sure I am well equipped for the trip. I've been looking over my pictures that have been scanned to my computer and I noticed all of them have scratches.. some minor, some huge. I've actually been thinking about getting a digital before the trip because of the scratches... But also because I feel like now that I have a basic sense of how aperture and shutter interact I want to experiment with different shooting techniques and I'm always hesitant to try things out because I know each press of the shutter costs x amount of money (I'm a college student and might be able to barely swing a digital slr if I know it will be cheaper in the long run)... I would like to still shoot and develop my own black and whites with my K2 ultimately though, while shooting color with the digital.

I apologize for spilling my thoughts and dilemma here, but if anyone has any ideas or tips I would greatly appreciate them.

I don't know what your $$$situation is but if you like using photoshop NAPP's Photoshop World is in Boston March 25-27th. It 3 days of intense learning and comraderie.

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 03-03-2009 at 10:34 AM.
02-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
graphicgr8s

Photoshop World is 3 days of instruction by the BEST OF THE BEST with photoshop. These are the guys Adobe goes to to test the product.
These are the elite users. And they are incredible instructors. Plus it's taught in a down to earth manner.
It's intense traing.
There is comraderie among the participants.
There are attendees from over 100 countries.

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 03-03-2009 at 10:28 AM.
03-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Don't forget that after the 100 ft of film and a couple of cassettes you are still going to need a bulk loader. Unless you have a black bag. I used to load film at the studio years back. Medium format film in a black back. Just the thought of bulk film makes me nostalgic.
03-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #21
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by THAN THE SWORD Quote
Don't forget that after the 100 ft of film and a couple of cassettes you are still going to need a bulk loader. Unless you have a black bag. I used to load film at the studio years back. Medium format film in a black back. Just the thought of bulk film makes me nostalgic.
I think he means just more than a few rolls, not 100 ft roll. I still have both of my loaders. Haven't used them lately but they're ready to go when I need them. If ever again.
03-07-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Bulk film actually used to be movie camera 35 mm rolls of film as far as I know. At least I think so.......hmmmmnnnn...I wonder.
03-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I don't know what your $$$situation is but if you like using photoshop NAPP's Photoshop World is in Boston March 25-27th. It 3 days of intense learning and comraderie.

Thanks graphicgr8s, I would really like to attend photoshop world and it looks like they have a very reasonable student price, but unfortunately I have some things I have to be at that weekend... but thanks for the heads up... If my plans get canceled I will definitely consider going. Does it usually sell out early?

03-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #24
graphicgr8s

Lets see pictures saxman upon your return
04-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #25
graphicgr8s

So do we have pictures yet?