Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #1

battery for MX ?

my dads old pentax asahi mx has a dead duracell 3v dl1/3n battery, but it's not two compiled small ones, it's just one big one. can someone send me a link of good batteries i can use for my camera?? preferably not online shopping. thanks!

02-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by nessamento Quote
my dads old pentax asahi mx has a dead duracell 3v dl1/3n battery, but it's not two compiled small ones, it's just one big one. can someone send me a link of good batteries i can use for my camera?? preferably not online shopping. thanks!
Mine has 2 stacked 1.5v button cells, found at most any pharmacy or photo store. You should have no problem 'switching' the configuration, as the voltage will be the same.
02-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
Sanyo LR-44 Camera and Calculator Battery (1.5 volt) - GES-AC76 - RitzCamera.com

is this one good even though it's not silver-oxide? and thanks!
02-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
Inactive Account

:: unscrews battery door ::

Mine say 'Energizer EPX76'

LR44's should be good.

02-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #5

Original Poster
thanks sooooooo much! now i can use my new-to-me camera =]
02-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Alkaline batteries are cheaper than the silver oxide.
The single 3V battery you found in the camera would probably be a lithium battery.

Silver oxide is the best, they maintain an even voltage over the battery life and will last much longer than alkaline battieries. Alskaline gradually lose voltage over the life of the battery which can make the metering inaccurate.

Look for a pair of SR44 (silver oxide have the letter S, alkaline have the letter L) batteries.
You can use alkaline, (or lithium for that matter) but they aren't the best choice.
02-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by pw-pix Quote
Alkaline batteries are cheaper than the silver oxide.
The single 3V battery you found in the camera would probably be a lithium battery.

Silver oxide is the best, they maintain an even voltage over the battery life and will last much longer than alkaline battieries. Alskaline gradually lose voltage over the life of the battery which can make the metering inaccurate.

Look for a pair of SR44 (silver oxide have the letter S, alkaline have the letter L) batteries.
You can use alkaline, (or lithium for that matter) but they aren't the best choice.

True, but the meter is the only draw on the batteries and consumes so little power, it's not as big a deal as some of the electronic-shutter bodies.
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For future reference, Pentax has posted the manuals for every camera they have ever made online. Compatible batteries should be listed there:
Customer Support - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
The original battery was the LR44 alkaline, but the longer-lasting SR44 silver cell is fully compatible, readily available, and not that much more money.

Steve

02-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

try to use Silver Oxides rather than Alkaline, Alkaline slowing gives out which affects meter readings
02-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
Inactive Account

I am looking right at the remnants of a 3-pack of Duracell #359 silver oxide batteries..These are the correct ones for the MX, and many other cameras..The 359 is the modern designation for the older 4SR44, the SR44, and others..The silver oxide batteries will hold a charge longer, and maintain the proper voltage, better than alkaline batteries..They are worth the extra cost..