Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Kodak 125PX (bw)

nothing to say really

it was loaded into my Super Program which, apperantly, developed a shutter problem so very little usable pics.

maybe i was just photographing the wrong things, but anyway, not overly impressed. (Fuji Neopan 400 still favorite)

03-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the unusual perspective in #2 and the tones for the whole series. I had almost forgotten the fine results available with that film.

Steve
03-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hey, who's those dudes with the Pentaxes? Local club?
03-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Scanning black and white is tricky. If you play with the levels, with very little effort you can really give those pics the snap they currently lack, for all their lovely tone. I just tried (hope you don't mind - I deleted them immediately) and the results were really impressive.

03-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by artobest Quote
Scanning black and white is tricky. If you play with the levels, with very little effort you can really give those pics the snap they currently lack, for all their lovely tone. I just tried (hope you don't mind - I deleted them immediately) and the results were really impressive.
Well, I think Gooshin was trying to show the differences between the Neopan and the 125PX.

I'm assuming no PP was done with these photos. That said, the Neopan does seem to have more contrast in my eyes, and like the OP, I do like that better than this one.
03-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
WJW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
nothing to say really

it was loaded into my Super Program which, apperantly, developed a shutter problem so very little usable pics.

maybe i was just photographing the wrong things, but anyway, not overly impressed. (Fuji Neopan 400 still favorite)
If the lack of contrast is the problem, there are three possibilities that come to mind:

1. Lighting was very flat and they were a touch underexposed.

2. Negatives were underdeveloped or maybe the developer wasn't the best choice for the EI and lighting.

3. Plus-X may not scan well, or scan well with a given scanner/settings combination.

Do the negatives look thin/flat?
03-02-2009, 04:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Well, I think Gooshin was trying to show the differences between the Neopan and the 125PX.
Yes, but my point was that the film shows the capacity for great scans and prints with very little tweaking.

03-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

@Ratmagiclady - I think the guy on the left is Alfisti; the guy on the right looks familiar but I can't place a name for him.

Possibly one of the Pentax Forums Toronto meet ups?
03-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
#2 is breathtaking!!! Well done. The angle of view and tones are spot on...I like the first also. The others could use a tad of contrast IMO. Well done goos.