Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
actualy i started photography 14 years ago, my grandfather converted the sauna at his cottage into a darkroom for me, and we went through all the steps.
Ok Gooshin, you now officially have the coolest grandfather ever!!!

Pat

03-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Ok Gooshin, you now officially have the coolest grandfather ever!!!

Pat
Would be a hard choise for me. Sauna or darkroom...
03-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back when I was bulk loading I always stopped at 40 frames. Go beyond that and there is a large chance of the hub binding and applying uneven tension to your film.

I did use some of that thin Ilford film but it was pain to load on the special developing reels you had to buy as well. Also it was vulnerable to buckling during developing and letting the film touch and ruining those frames.

Mike
03-03-2009, 03:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

This is about right, not only it becomes very hard, but also you can start scratching the film. Even though the old AGFA canister could hold 50~frames

After a while 20-25 frames/roll was my dose

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Back when I was bulk loading I always stopped at 40 frames. Go beyond that and there is a large chance of the hub binding and applying uneven tension to your film.

I did use some of that thin Ilford film but it was pain to load on the special developing reels you had to buy as well. Also it was vulnerable to buckling during developing and letting the film touch and ruining those frames.

Mike

03-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Stevopedia Quote
I heard from somewhere else that Ilford make a half-thickness film that could hold 72 exposures on one roll!

But I'd think that something like 40 would be the max for most other film.
For a time Ilford made HP5 in 72 exp. rolls. But the base layer was so thin, that it coiled too much. I gave up on that after a couple of rolls, as I found it too demanding to handle. Even under archival conditions it never really got flat...

Ben
03-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Would be a hard choise for me. Sauna or darkroom...
Hee. Between my Finnish sweetie and my arthritic photoeyness, I think we need both. I could actually use a sauna now, I think. We just had a highly-unusual-for-here snow, and I have stiffness all over from clearing it without a proper shovel. Seems that somewhere along the line, I stopped using too much of my smacking-snow-off-bendy trees-that-aren't-used to-the load-with-a-brrom muscles.

We were actually looking at a number of houses with long-idle saunas in them when it seemed we might finally be able to settle down back north: some of them made me wonder, from the layout, if it would be possible to combine the functions somewhat.

"Why's it, kind of orange in here?"

"Hrm?" *pouring Dektol on hot stones*