Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Veteran Member

quick lx questions

Rangefinderforum Photo Equipment Classifieds - Pentax LX w-50/1.4-A, FA-2 Finder, Winder LX: CLAd, Mint - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
don't bother contacting the op of the classified, this is third hand.

i have the opportunity to purchase the above lx and was wondering a few things.
-is it possible to turn the shutter speed dial with my right hand while it's gripping the camera? reason i ask is i like the ME Super buttons.
-how hard is it to find a way to put on a small lanyard strap w/ the grip on, on the grip side?
-where would i be able to find winder caps if necessary?
-$600, good deal?

03-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
Rangefinderforum Photo Equipment Classifieds - Pentax LX w-50/1.4-A, FA-2 Finder, Winder LX: CLAd, Mint - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
don't bother contacting the op of the classified, this is third hand.

i have the opportunity to purchase the above lx and was wondering a few things.
-is it possible to turn the shutter speed dial with my right hand while it's gripping the camera? reason i ask is i like the ME Super buttons.
-how hard is it to find a way to put on a small lanyard strap w/ the grip on, on the grip side?
-where would i be able to find winder caps if necessary?
-$600, good deal?
Wow! That's a super clean LX. And it's CLA'ed. I'm drooling ...

- yes, it's possible to turn the shutter speed dial with your right hand, but in the mean time you need to use your left hand to hold the camera
- I couldn't figure out a way to hook on a strap when mine had the B Grip on (unless I hook it on the right side, which I really don't like) Pentax had a specialized grip for the Y2K LX, that one comes w/ a hook so you can put on a strap, never saw it though.
- ebay, and they are plenty
- great deal I'd say.

But seems the whole set was sold already last month?
Thanks to everyone who expressed interest. This is sold.

Last edited by frank; 03-07-2009 at 11:51 PM.
03-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
But seems the whole set was sold already last month?
Thanks to everyone who expressed interest. This is sold.
thanks frank, it's buyer's remorse... and now i'm in line
03-08-2009, 05:24 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Buy! Buy! Buy!

I love the ME Super buttons too, and you will find the shutter speed dial takes some getting used to (the viewfinder display works very differently too). If you're anything like me, you'll lose a lot of photos to begin with! But if there's one thing worse than buyer's remorse, it's non-buyer's remorse ...

BTW, personally I like the strap attached to the left side of the camera. Doesn't get in the way of the shutter speed dial etc during use, and it actually looks quite cool. In any case, it's a worthwhile compromise to get that B grip - that thing really adds to the handling of this camera.

03-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thought about it overnight decided not to buy, $600 is a lot of money that i can use for other things ... and plus i really like the ME Super
thanks for the input anyways