10-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #1486
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Three more Portra 400NC Shots...

ZX-5n, FA50 1.4

Best,
Kevin

10-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #1487

Not a great shot by any means, but I just love the look of Tri-X. It makes my digital BW conversions look like garbage. If I had to use just one film for the rest of my life, Tri-X would be it!

(MZ-7, FA 50mm at f/2.8)

10-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #1488

QuoteOriginally posted by easytiger Quote
Not a great shot by any means, but I just love the look of Tri-X. It makes my digital BW conversions look like garbage. If I had to use just one film for the rest of my life, Tri-X would be it!
Love that Tri-X look, too. What did you develop in?
10-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #1489

I have it developed commercially at a local lab in D76 1:1.

10-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #1490
Veteran Member

Cheapo ISO200 film and $3 development... because sometimes film shots don't look 'filmy' enough!
10-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #1491
Veteran Member

Easy Tiger, don't sell that Tri-X shot short; looks great from where I'm sitting.

I had some friends give a performance of Taverner's Western Wind Mass in an old (abandoned) railroad tunnel at Steep Rock Reservation in Washington, Connecticut last Saturday. The weather was abysmal and the performance space gives new meaning to "available darkness". They had given a similar performance last year in the same place that I shot with my K100D (with passable results), but I wanted to give this year's concert a go on film. I went to the photographic shop where I buy my film and described what I wanted to do to the proprietor and he handed me a roll of Ilford Delta 3200. Here are some of the results:

ZX-5n, FA50 1.4, Focused manually, Delta 3200

I have to say, it was probably a more satisfying event musically speaking than in photographic terms. I've subsequently found out you can shoot Delta 3200 at 6400, and should I find myself in this situation again, that's probably what I'll do (in addition to using spot metering instead of matrix <g>.

Best to all,
Kevin
10-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #1492

Really like the last shot, KJon.

I like to take pictures of temple interiors. Last weekend I put down my 35mm Pentax stuff and shot medium format for the first time. Here is the result:

Situated on the east coast of Lamma Island near Luk Chau Village, this temple was built in 1864, the 7th year of Tongzhi of the Qing Dynasty. I used a modified Holga 120N with Ilford Delta 100 film (approximately f/8 and a 20 second exposure).

10-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #1493
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice atmosphere in these shots!

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Easy Tiger, don't sell that Tri-X shot short; looks great from where I'm sitting.

I had some friends give a performance of Taverner's Western Wind Mass in an old (abandoned) railroad tunnel at Steep Rock Reservation in Washington, Connecticut last Saturday. The weather was abysmal and the performance space gives new meaning to "available darkness". They had given a similar performance last year in the same place that I shot with my K100D (with passable results), but I wanted to give this year's concert a go on film. I went to the photographic shop where I buy my film and described what I wanted to do to the proprietor and he handed me a roll of Ilford Delta 3200. Here are some of the results:

I have to say, it was probably a more satisfying event musically speaking than in photographic terms. I've subsequently found out you can shoot Delta 3200 at 6400, and should I find myself in this situation again, that's probably what I'll do (in addition to using spot metering instead of matrix <g>.

Best to all,
Kevin
10-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #1494
Veteran Member

+1 on that Kevin, and easytiger - that's from a HOLGA!?! Very nice, I have a brick of Delta 100, not everyone likes it but I do.
10-08-2009, 07:29 AM   #1495
mer

Pentax ME Super + Porst F/1.2 ( at F/11 ) + Fuji Velvia 50 ( Original Emulsion / Expired) . Shot in Hanioti , Halkidiki , Greece

10-08-2009, 07:37 AM   #1496
Veteran Member

Provia, Ricoh Diacord
10-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #1497
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote

Best to all,
Kevin

10-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #1498
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Provia, Ricoh Diacord
I love the blues of provia!
10-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #1499
mer

Pentax ME Super , Porst 55/1.2 at 1.2 , Cheap ISO100 Negative

10-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #1500
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote

Javier, many thanks. I've been wanting the coveted "two thumbs up" from you since I started posting here . Nice to see your BW400CN pic a page or so back; what don't you like about that film?

Nesster, glad you liked the Steep Rock Shots. Looks like you're putting that Ricoh to good use. (Piqued my interest so I googled the camera). My dad's sitting on a Rollei something-or-other and I'm hoping I can get him to part with it; he's gone P&S digital and given me all the other film stuff around the house along with a Samoca <?> rangefinder (that needs a lot of work), but he hasn't come across with the Rollei yet . The fact that the Provia's expired doesn't seem to be hurting anything; colors are fab both here and on the preceding page (lamp post and city shots).

Easytiger, nice temple shot (you guys are gonna make me sit on my dad for that Rollei to do some medium format stuff). I'll second Nesster's comment; You got that out of a Holga - I may have to rethink the whole Holga thing. I haven't done a lot with the tripod or longer exposures but judging from your pic, it may be time to start.

Douglas, I'm with you - those shots are long on atmosphere if short on light .

Don't feel right in making a post to this thread w/ only text, so here's another Delta 3200 shot (same roll as Steep Rock, but with marginally better light <g>).

ZX-5n, FA50 1.4, Delta 3200

Cathedral of Saint Joseph (Hartford, CT)

Best to all,
Kevin