Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
That last one is adorable, him with his head all tucked in, holding a camera usually for people way beyond his age. The pointing really adds alot too, your eye follows the trail, sees the boy pointing and wanders off to the right. It 'works' very well.
Shame about the blown-out sky, but I guess there's not much you could've done about that.
Thank you!. I know what mean about the sky. it really bugged me. Thanks for the comment. I removed the image as it offended another member here.

Last edited by jgredline; 03-19-2009 at 08:30 AM.
03-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Certo Super Sport Dolly, Fuji PRO160S

"wide open" at f/4.5 a DOF test

I converted the Certo to a pinhole camera for a while (I've put the lens back on since)

B&W conversion of Fuji PRO160S
03-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #153
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nesster, that is some great work..That first in particular has a medium format look to it.
03-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #154
Veteran Member

The Bessa 66 - Mind you, this camera is from '38, the other two are '37 or so. Uncoated lens. I love this Bessa!

Fuji PRO160S (I got 30 rolls of this for <$1 a roll... mildly out dated)

Portra 160NC - I think I like this film better than the Fuji

03-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #155
Banned

I'll try to find something for you.
03-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #156
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pumalite Quote
I'll try to find something for you.
Sorry Puma, I pulled the message that you responded to. It was a bit of taunt and I was not sure who was on the other end of the wire. For the benefit of the readers, I asked Puma if he had anything from the swimsuit issue of "Sports Illustrated".

The above pictures look like some of Peter Gowland's later work. Correct?

Steve
03-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #157
Veteran Member

Here are two shots that I took a few days ago with my new lens, the Zenitar 16mm. I took these shot at Legion of Honors in San Francisco.

03-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #158
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sorry Puma, I pulled the message that you responded to. It was a bit of taunt and I was not sure who was on the other end of the wire. For the benefit of the readers, I asked Puma if he had anything from the swimsuit issue of "Sports Illustrated".

The above pictures look like some of Peter Gowland's later work. Correct?

Steve
Well; I'm not too bad then.
03-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #159
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SuperAkuma Quote
Here are two shots that I took a few days ago with my new lens, the Zenitar 16mm. I took these shot at Legion of Honors in San Francisco.
That first image totally rocks! That 16mm lens is amazing. I need to try that with some of my film stuff! Well done.
03-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #160
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, Going back in time again..removed as it was offensive to one.

Last edited by jgredline; 03-19-2009 at 08:15 AM.
03-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For the unlikely but possible risk that all my digital back ups would be erased I'm trying to shoot enough pictures of my daughters on film to have some safe memories for the future.

Pentax Super A, Cosina A 28mm f2.8 (plastic lens but optically quite OK)
She like to drive her own shoping cart, and nowadays she does not bump into too many old ladies...

Pentax KX with SMC Pentax 28mm f3.5 (sharpest Pentax 28mm ever?)
This is a very stuborn girl.

Pentax Super A with SMC Pentax-A 50mm f1.7
Should have worked a little bit more on it in postprocessing, but I'm quite hapy with how I caught her in a very typical mode.
03-19-2009, 04:00 AM   #162
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
OK, Going back in time again..
My wife to be in 1984, so I believe she was 17 years old.
No idea on what film it was. My sister took the picture.
Javier, no offence - your wife is lovely - but these photos belong on Flickr. I thought the thread was intended to showcase outstanding examples of film photography, but it is in danger of turning into an album of family snaps.

With that, and the whole Pumalite business, and the multiple repostings, the thread has kind of outlived its usefulness, IMHO.
03-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #163
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by artobest Quote
Javier, no offence - your wife is lovely - but these photos belong on Flickr. I thought the thread was intended to showcase outstanding examples of film photography, but it is in danger of turning into an album of family snaps.

With that, and the whole Pumalite business, and the multiple repostings, the thread has kind of outlived its usefulness, IMHO.

Sorry for offending you that way. I just removed all of my family snaps...
03-19-2009, 08:43 AM   #164
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I started this thread in the hopes that people would simply put up their snaps but like many other threads on Pentax Forums, it went the way of well, like Pentax Forums...It is a real shame because when this forum was new, it was small and people had respect for one another..No longer the case...Most people that like to argue like to shoot brick walls and news papers so the only safe places seemed to be the Photo sharing section and I thought the film section...but as it turns out no place here is safe....

I was a paying contributor to this forum, but when it came time to renew, I could not do it, not with all the mud slinging and arguing and ad homien attacks that go on here...I know that the mods here do the best they can considering they have one hand tied behind their back and so it goes...
03-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #165
Forum Member

jgredline - don't let one stuffy person ruin it for you. If he doesn't like your thread, well he can start his own - something like "Only post great work here, if you dare!" thread. I think there is room for more than one type of thread in this forum. I also agree about this not being "home of the internet's friendliest Pentax photography discussion forum!" as advertised on the new banner. There's a lot of big egos here and some are not the most tolerant. Anyway, I like your posts - keep 'em coming.