Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2009, 02:32 AM   #1846
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2007
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,675
Great shootin' Frank!

(Where do all the females hide? Perhaps your goal was to take pics of men only. I'm not being critical, just curous.)

12-15-2009, 02:50 AM   #1847
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,202
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Great shootin' Frank!

(Where do all the females hide? Perhaps your goal was to take pics of men only. I'm not being critical, just curous.)
Thanks Scott. There aren't many females over there, but we did spot some

12-15-2009, 07:51 AM   #1848
Pentaxian
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,541
Original Poster
Frank, I love your street shooting very much.
12-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #1849
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 652
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Uploaded my better shots. There are quite a few good ones, but I don't feel outclassed!

Steve
Damn! Now my plan has been foiled. Me and my big mouth.

I had noticed there was an unusually small amount of photos for a contest with such an awesome reward. Even second and third place would be great. I just don't know if I have anything worthy, especially now that all the awesome photogs in this thread know about it.

12-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #1850
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,612
QuoteOriginally posted by Vertex Ninja Quote
Damn! Now my plan has been foiled. Me and my big mouth.

I had noticed there was an unusually small amount of photos for a contest with such an awesome reward. Even second and third place would be great. I just don't know if I have anything worthy, especially now that all the awesome photogs in this thread know about it.


Sssshhhhh...No more posts about this contest. Let's keep the competition to a minimum!

Steve

(Would be happy with the 20 roll prize for honorable mention...)
12-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #1851
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 652
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
1600? I don't even know this kind film exist ... Well, at least I never saw one. The result looks pretty good though.
Yup and I like it a lot, but it's only available in 35mm. There is also Ilford delta 3200 and I think there is a Kodak 3200 too. People often push 400 speed film to 1600 too.
12-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #1852
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Foma 400 is strange film - especially in 120 size. Very blue, and it remains almost purple
also, unlike most ASA400 B&W, the Foma seems pushing it to make it to 400... not much latitude towards under exposure. From my experience I think Foma 100 is the better film, even exposed at EI 400.

This one I got the exposure just right - it's our daughter with frozen pizza, with the Yashica Mat 124G

12-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #1853
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 652
Lovely portrait Nesster and a lovely model(please don't take that the wrong way).

12-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #1854
Inactive Account




Join Date: May 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 652
Some pics I took for our Christmas cards. Neopan 400@320 with a yellow filter in HC110. Poor lighting on my part and Neopan @ 320 with a yellow filter makes the skintones way too hot IMO. I like the results @400 without filter much better. But the wife wouldn't let me retake them.

Edit: the film was actually Freestyle's Legacy Pro 400, which is without a doubt relabeled Neopan 400. For those that don't know Legacy pro 100 is relabeled Across, both versions are much cheaper than the Fuji branded ones.

Toning, dodging, and burning in photoshop.





I'm not a fan of the sharpening Flickr does to these smaller versions.

Last edited by Vertex Ninja; 12-15-2009 at 10:37 AM.
12-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #1855
mer
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 237
Smooth clouds

Pentax ME Super + Pentax DFA 50/2.8 macro + Kodak Elitechrome Extra Colour EBX 100 slide film

12-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #1856
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Fantastic clouds - and elitechrome seems to do blues very well indeed. I haven't seen many people use this film - how do you like it? By all means let's see more samples
12-16-2009, 12:35 AM   #1857
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,202
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Frank, I love your street shooting very much.
Thanks Javi
12-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #1858
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,202
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Foma 400 is strange film - especially in 120 size. Very blue, and it remains almost purple
also, unlike most ASA400 B&W, the Foma seems pushing it to make it to 400... not much latitude towards under exposure. From my experience I think Foma 100 is the better film, even exposed at EI 400.

This one I got the exposure just right - it's our daughter with frozen pizza, with the Yashica Mat 124G

That's a super nice shot! Great looking model too
12-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #1859
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,202
QuoteOriginally posted by Vertex Ninja Quote
Some pics I took for our Christmas cards. Neopan 400@320 with a yellow filter in HC110. Poor lighting on my part and Neopan @ 320 with a yellow filter makes the skintones way too hot IMO. I like the results @400 without filter much better. But the wife wouldn't let me retake them.

Edit: the film was actually Freestyle's Legacy Pro 400, which is without a doubt relabeled Neopan 400. For those that don't know Legacy pro 100 is relabeled Across, both versions are much cheaper than the Fuji branded ones.

Toning, dodging, and burning in photoshop.





I'm not a fan of the sharpening Flickr does to these smaller versions.
These are great! Love them. Was that you in the second photo?
12-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #1860
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,202
QuoteOriginally posted by mer Quote
Smooth clouds

Pentax ME Super + Pentax DFA 50/2.8 macro + Kodak Elitechrome Extra Colour EBX 100 slide film


Fantastic! Kind like those skies in cartoon movies
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top