Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #3241
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
... There is so much more to shooting than just pointing the thing. I still really like my SLRs and rangefinders, but the view camera is so different than my miniature cameras...
Steve,
You seem to be getting on very well with the Chamonix! Your progress pushed me to finally pick up a lens for mine... after sitting for a year! It really is the most difficult camera I've ever shot. So completely different. Even getting something on film, is rewarding for me at this point! Can't wait to get to the point you are now, but maybe I won't! Just keep posting so I can feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited by Vertex Ninja; 06-11-2010 at 10:08 AM.
06-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #3242
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MX, M50 f/1.4, Kodak 400TMax (annoying curly negative!)
06-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #3243

Photos: Albums
Here's a few from a test roll of a Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex IIa (late) TLR I picked up. Fuji Pro 400H, Sunny 16 rule.
Attached Images

06-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #3244
Pentaxian

This is from the same roll as some shots I posted previously.

MZ-L, FAJ 18-35mm, Fujicolor 200

Swift1

06-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #3245
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One of my students had some arty prom pictures shot at this location and was kind enough to give me directions to it. Unfortunately, I had some battery issues with the SuperProgram that caused me to lose a few frames due to the shutter not firing. I wasn't paying particular attention to what I was doing so I assumed I had neglected to “cock” the shutter when it wouldn't fire (not remembering that the battery is responsible for the shutter release). I subsequently would advance to the next frame, ultimately leaving the previous frame unexposed. Live and learn. Replaced the batteries and now everything is jake.

SuperProgram, M50 f2, Ultramax 400

Best to all,
Kevin

Last edited by KJon; 06-11-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: It's either learn how to spell or type better...one or the other
06-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #3246
Pentaxian

Great shots Kevin, I love the colors.

Swift1
06-12-2010, 04:02 AM   #3247
Veteran Member

I did too when I saw my student's pics. It was a wild contrast to see kids in formal wear standing in each of those arches. I didn't have the luxury of any models, but I thought the location would be interesting enough to speak for itself. Glad you liked them.

BTW, it looks like that FAJ 18-35 is working out well for you

Best,
Kevin
06-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #3248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
BTW, it looks like that FAJ 18-35 is working out well for you
So far I have been fairly impressed with it and t is a fun lens to use.
It's a great match with the MZ-L.

06-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #3249

been looking at this thread for quite some time now, and being new to photography and even newer to film, i thought id hold off on posting anything for a while. after playing around with some rolls of film, here are a few frames, all taken with a zeiss ikon nettar. feel free to tell me what you think i could have done better with any of these.

josh

06-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #3250
Veteran Member

KJon: I really like that last one with the view through the window frame.
06-13-2010, 04:02 AM   #3251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by josh.sa Quote
been looking at this thread for quite some time now, and being new to photography and even newer to film, i thought id hold off on posting anything for a while. after playing around with some rolls of film, here are a few frames, all taken with a zeiss ikon nettar. feel free to tell me what you think i could have done better with any of these.

josh
Josh, would love to see your photos, but they didn't seem to come through with this post, either as links or embedded. You need to use the "insert image" (mountain w/ the sun at the left) button when you post. Here's a link that should help: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/6-how-posting-uploading-...de-images.html. Looking forward to seeing your stuff.

Best,
Kevin

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
KJon: I really like that last one with the view through the window frame.
Votesh, glad you enjoyed the pic. Location was sortof remote and getting there was definitely NOT half the fun .

Best,
Kevin

Last edited by KJon; 06-13-2010 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Added tutorial link
06-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #3252

Test Shots With Pentax ME SE

Hi, Don't know How cool these shots are but these are some test shots I took of my daughter Samantha with her Pentax Spotmatic I bought for her on the Pentax Forums Market Place. I bought the Spotmatic from pkaliaf1, Paul Kaliafetis who lives in Greece and is a great guy. I really enjoyed the purchasing process I experienced with Paul. These photos were taken with a Pentax ME SE with a Vivitar 28mm to 80mm macro lens, I purchased also recently. Need to shoot some shots with my Pentax M lenses on the ME I think they will have a higher IQ. Used Fuji Film 200 cheap stuff. The film was processed at Walmart which is not the best. Just wanted to try out the new to me ME. Looks like it will be a keeper. Going to shoot mostly B&W process it myself and will shoot Kodak color when I feel like I need color. I shoot mostly my K7 but recently got interested in Film again. I scanned these with my HP flat bed scanner may have to break out my old Kodak film scanner, it seems to be a little better. I will post a few from The Spotmatic later.
Attached Images

Last edited by ggray; 06-16-2010 at 09:06 PM.
06-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #3253

Spotmatic Test Shots

Here are some of pictures that my daughter Samantha took with her new to her, Pentax Spotmatic The first is of the Inks Lake Bridge, Buchanan Dam, TX next the Llano Co. Courts House Llano, TX and one of me with my Pentax K7 and Pentax ME SE. I purchased the Spotmatic from pkaliaf1, Paul Kaliafetis. Shot with Pentax 50mm F1.7. Wanted to check out the camera and all works perfectly. Sure is a time warp shooting Film after so many years of digital and I like it. Film used was Kodak color 200 ASA and it was processed at our Walmart good enough for a quick test. Sam has a Canon 7d that she loves but really has taken a liking to film also.
Attached Images

Last edited by ggray; 06-16-2010 at 09:05 PM.
06-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #3254
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I don't think I ever shared these.

I made these a few weeks back.
Ilford delta 100, Pentax K1000 with SMC50 wide open at F/1.4

My eldest Daughter Cathryn

My middle child Elizabeth

My wife and 4 of my 5 kids. Krisanie was at work this day.
06-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #3255
Veteran Member

Nice photos everyone, and I am excited to see a couple of new contributors here
Javier - nice shots, and your family is a rather attractive bunch.

Pentax MX (or Super Program?), M50 f/1.4, Kodak BW400CN

Pentax MX (or Super Program?), M50 f/1.4, Kodak BW400CN