Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43141 Likes Search this Thread
07-14-2010, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #3481
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Javier, that burger is a thing of beauty...color balance is nice, too.

Time for me to play a little catchup in the posting department - you guys are through the Fourth of July and I'm still stuck back a Memorial Day. Not sure if I mentioned it here, but CVS was selling a box of 4 rolls of 24 exp for $5. Can't beat that with a stick...

Pentax SuperProgram, M50 f2, CVS 200 (Rebadged Fuji), Memorial Day at Cedar Hill Cemetery, where I had gone to pay my respects to our veterans.

The above shots are pretty self-explanatory; the following couple probably need a little narrative. You can see the stump of a tree that came down and did some serious damage to one of my favorite monuments. I'm not sure how they are going to repair it in this day and age; a shame for the tree, the monument, and me.

SuperProgram, M50 f2, CVS 200 (Rebadged Fuji)

This piece sat on the base in the next picture. You can see the damage to the carvings on its corners. Into it went a large cross (that is now nowhere to be seen - hopefully being repaired).

Thanks for looking and my best to all,
Kevin

07-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #3482
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Well it is lunch time here. I think I will head out to Pharos and buy one of these

ME Super smc m50f/1.4 and Ultramax 400 shot wide open

These are so bad for you, but taste so good. I can no longer finish this, but when I was younger no problem.
Junk food, but nice photo
07-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #3483
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
UltraMax 400

07-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #3484
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Here are a few more from the Chamonix 4x5 view camera

Tumbling Stream

Caltar II-N 90/6.8, Arista.EDU Ultra 100 @ISO 200, FG-7 12' @ 70F

The Arista.EDU Ultra 100 is pretty nice stuff, though I am having trouble finding the sweet spot for holding the shadows while avoiding blowout in the highlights. I have generally been able to use FG-7 at about double the box speed and get great latitude. Not so with this film. (Did I hear someone say pyro???).

Steve
Chamonix 4x5 view camera? Didn't know people are still using these I bet it's really fun to play a camera like this one.

The results look great though.

07-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #3485
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Chamonix 4x5 view camera? Didn't know people are still using these I bet it's really fun to play a camera like this one.

The results look great though.
Yes...4x5 view camera...I have a special dispensation to post my LF photos here

There are a couple of us "filmies" that shoot with view cameras on occasion. Tuco has one and there is another guy here as well. The camera is sort of fun. The movements are addictive and the huge negatives a real plus. OTOH, it takes a long time to do and exposure and focus/composition under the dark cloth on the ground glass is hard to manage with "old" eyes.

Here is a LINK to a photo of the camera itself. It is a new design and is constructed of carbon fiber, teak, and machined aluminum.

Steve
07-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #3486
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yes...4x5 view camera...I have a special dispensation to post my LF photos here

There are a couple of us "filmies" that shoot with view cameras on occasion. Tuco has one and there is another guy here as well. The camera is sort of fun. The movements are addictive and the huge negatives a real plus. OTOH, it takes a long time to do and exposure and focus/composition under the dark cloth on the ground glass is hard to manage with "old" eyes.

Here is a LINK to a photo of the camera itself. It is a new design and is constructed of carbon fiber, teak, and machined aluminum.

Steve
Sounds really fun.

I saw another 'big' similar camera at our National Museum about 1.5 months ago, it has a few Zeiss lenses on the front. It's pretty dark inside, but I managed to snap this one:
Attached Images

07-14-2010, 07:29 PM   #3487
Veteran Member

Got a Voigtlander 58/1.4 SL II lens last week, took one roll of Reala 100 along with my newly aquired SuperA, some results look pretty fine to me:

07-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #3488
Veteran Member

Frank, that's some intense color you got, and it looks like a good lens too.

___

Ferrania 100, Spotmatic, Super Takumar 50/1.4

07-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #3489
Veteran Member

Ok... time for a bit of a catchup.

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Well it is lunch time here. I think I will head out to Pharos and buy one of these
ME Super smc m50f/1.4 and Ultramax 400 shot wide open
These are so bad for you, but taste so good. I can no longer finish this, but when I was younger no problem.
Hey Javier,
I was going to post a slightly teasing remark - but then I realised my lunch wasn't healthy either, but yes it was tasty.
I actually quite like taking photos at f1.4 with the M50 in situations like that; my shots usually end up being of beer! Nice shot.

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Time for me to play a little catchup in the posting department - you guys are through the Fourth of July and I'm still stuck back a Memorial Day. Not sure if I mentioned it here, but CVS was selling a box of 4 rolls of 24 exp for $5. Can't beat that with a stick...

Pentax SuperProgram, M50 f2, CVS 200 (Rebadged Fuji), Memorial Day at Cedar Hill Cemetery, where I had gone to pay my respects to our veterans.
Kevin
Hi Kevin,
No 4th of July celebrated over here, but I do like your shots. They look very sharp and I don't seem to get such good results with 400 speed colour negative film.
On the topic of respecting veterans, I have been down a similar road recently as I have been reading up on Australia's history in the Pacific during WWII. Of course our histories intertwine there.

Got a Voigtlander 58/1.4 SL II lens last week, took one roll of Reala 100 along with my newly aquired SuperA, some results look pretty fine to me:
Frank, amazing colour shots with that lens and the Reala. Beautiful.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Jussi, I quite like this shot, nicely done (...and I'm not quite sure how to describe it)
Here's some more from my outing with my black spotty and Acros:

Spotmatic, Super Tak 50 f/1.4, Fuji Acros 100, manual exposure

07-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #3490
Veteran Member

___

Thanks. It seems to be a very good lens indeed. But I need to use it more to see how much better it'd be than the A50/1.4

How come your shot is so grainy at ISO100? Under expose then push up?
07-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #3491
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote

Frank, amazing colour shots with that lens and the Reala. Beautiful.

Jussi, I quite like this shot, nicely done (...and I'm not quite sure how to describe it)
Here's some more from my outing with my black spotty and Acros:

Thanks. I love the reala. Heard fujifilm already discontinued this film, I just ordered 10 more rolls from my usual source.

BTW, nice cars. I got one in the above testing roll too:

07-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #3492
Veteran Member

Thanks. It seems to be a very good lens indeed. But I need to use it more to see how much better it'd be than the A50/1.4

How come your shot is so grainy at ISO100? Under expose then push up?
Ferrania is grainy, even the ISO100 version
07-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #3493
Veteran Member

Ferrania is grainy, even the ISO100 version
Oh, thanks for sharing that. My reala 100 looks pretty clean even at 100% size. But somehow I miss the grainy thing from photos like yours.

Got two rolls of 3200 ISO film, might give them a try someday
07-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #3494
Veteran Member

Frank, that 3200 speed film will give you all the grain you ever wanted...BTW, Reala 100 always looks good in your hands <g>. I just got a roll back the other day that I'm pretty pleased with. I'm trying to post in the order I shot stuff and I'm just a wee bit behind. It'll be a while before the Fuji shots show up.

ZX-5n, FA50 f1.4, Ilford 3200

@Jussi - This is my kind of shot...really beautiful work, both by the sculptor and the photographer.

Photo by Nesster

@Jason - I faked you out . For a change I was shooting ASA 200 that day. Welcome back. Photos were actually shot on Memorial Day (May 31), a day set aside to honor our fallen veterans. 4th of July tends to be just a tad more celebratory <g>. Funny thing is that I don't think I shot any photos on the 4th. Acros is looking good. I got some great results with it back in February and have a couple rolls in the fridge, but I haven't had a chance to get back to it.

Best to all,
Kevin
07-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #3495
Veteran Member

Thanks. I love the reala. Heard fujifilm already discontinued this film, I just ordered 10 more rolls from my usual source.

BTW, nice cars. I got one in the above testing roll too:
Thanks Frank. I really should order some of that Reala while it's still available, just in case.

This photo was taken next to the old Perth town hall, which you can see in the background. The statue is of James Stirling, governor and founding father of Perth and the Swan River Colony (I am fairly sure it is, but I do need to confirm!).

Super Program, M28 f/3.5 (?), Ektar 100

As a side note, I really need to work on remembering what I use. This photo was from quite a few weeks ago now, and I wish I could remember more about it. I think I used the M28 f/3.5 possibly wide open at f/3.5 or close to.