Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #3646
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
Javier .... that's a win with the camera shop doing your processing for you.
Nice and convenient ... I am lucky I have a good camera shop in my local area ... and found that he can also do my B&W stuff for me as well (has a dark room out the back of the shop as well).

Now I just need to get into shooting some film ... it was a while since I last shot some.
Yes, thank you. They do black and white as well there too, though I am doing my own now, except for the C-41 black and white.

07-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #3647
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Pentax ME-F, M40F/2.8,UltraMax 400

This fellow was rocking out to Black Sabbath's Paranoid and doing a good job!

This fellow was singing the blues, but to me personally, he will always be the bright red shirt musician from my very first roll of Ektar 100

One more fellow on a guitar. This guy is usually grouchy, but he happily takes his tips.

This cute couple celebrating their 2 month anniversary according to the cake..Now this guy has game as they say.

A couple of precious elderly ladies enjoying the view

Say Cheese
07-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #3648
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some photos from the tiny Olympus XA a few weeks ago...

Flowered Path

Olympus XA, Ektar 100

Wildflowers adorn the overgrown path to an abandoned farmhouse above Memaloose in the eastern Columbia River Gorge. I would have liked to have seen inside, but all the bright green growth around the house is the healthiest Poison Oak I believe I have ever seen.

I See You!

Olympus XA, Ektar 100

This modern interpretation of a native American mask is part of a entry sculpture on a "landbridge" overpass between Ft. Vancouver and the Columbia River waterfront.

Curves and Angles

Olympus XA, Ektar 100

Rail fence and gateway arch at Ft. Vancouver Historic Preserve.

Steve
07-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #3649
Pentaxian

Nice XA shots Steve. I like the last one a lot. I recently picked up an nice XA kit ( camera, flash, and case ) for $2.99 at Goodwill. Seems to be working pretty good. The meter works but seems to be about 2 stops off and the shutter button seems very touchy, I barely have to touch it and it fires. I haven't developed any picks from it yet, but I will post some once I do.

07-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #3650
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

1953 Ricoh 35 Deluxe rangefinder
Kodak Tri-X

08-01-2010, 04:23 AM   #3651
Veteran Member

Javier, nice photos. I like how you often know a bit about each of your subjects and connect with them...
Steve, what is poison oak? I guess it's some sort of poisonous weed? I think we have our share of poisonous pests here in AU too. Nice shots, looks like that XA performs nicely.

Here is one of those end of the roll shots, with Ektar and the DA35 limited. You can see the light fall-off pretty easily here..

Pentax Super Program, Ektar 100, DA35 Limited
08-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #3652
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Nice XA shots Steve. I like the last one a lot. I recently picked up an nice XA kit ( camera, flash, and case ) for $2.99 at Goodwill. Seems to be working pretty good. The meter works but seems to be about 2 stops off and the shutter button seems very touchy, I barely have to touch it and it fires. I haven't developed any picks from it yet, but I will post some once I do.
Thanks for the kind comment. The XA is a cool camera, but the shutter is VERY touchy. I have gotten in the habit of storing advancing the film before the shot to avoid accidental discharge.

Steve
08-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #3653
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
...Steve, what is poison oak? I guess it's some sort of poisonous weed? I think we have our share of poisonous pests here in AU too. Nice shots, looks like that XA performs nicely.

Poison Oak is a small shrub in the spurge family and is related to Poison Ivy, Poison Sumac, and Manchineel. All can cause a serious reaction when touched that results in an itching, weeping, painful, blistered rash that can persist for many days. The smoke, when burned, can cause lung lesions if inhaled. Water droplets dripping from a Manchineel can also cause a reaction.

In our region, children are taught at a young age, "Leaves of Three, Let Them Be". (The plant has three terminal leaves on each stem.)

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-01-2010 at 09:18 AM.
08-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #3654

ME Super, M28, Tri-X, Rodinal:

08-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #3655
Pentaxian

Pentax ME, Vivitar S1 70-210 V4, Fuji Superia 200

Last edited by Swift1; 08-02-2010 at 09:14 PM.
08-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #3656
Pentaxian

Pentax ME, Vivitar S1 70-210 V4, Fuji Superia
Nice balanced, natural color that film has and a lovely shot. I've never shot it but do have a couple of 120 rolls of it I picked up to try out one of these darn days. I go out shooting and carry a color roll in one of my film backs for my Hassy and in over a month I've only shot 5 frames of color in that time. Go figure.
08-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #3657
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Nice balanced, natural color that film has and a lovely shot. I've never shot it but do have a couple of 120 rolls of it I picked up to try out one of these darn days. I go out shooting and carry a color roll in one of my film backs for my Hassy and in over a month I've only shot 5 frames of color in that time. Go figure.
Thanks Tuco. I usually don't like the yellows I get with this film but that it is probably a matter of getting the exposure just right. I'm pretty happy with the way this shot turned out. It scanned pretty easy too, I didn't have to make hardy and adjustments.

I didn't know the made Superia 200 in 120 size.
08-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #3658
Pentaxian

Oh, it's Superia 100
08-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #3659
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Poison Oak is a small shrub in the spurge family and is related to Poison Ivy, Poison Sumac, and Manchineel. All can cause a serious reaction when touched that results in an itching, weeping, painful, blistered rash that can persist for many days. The smoke, when burned, can cause lung lesions if inhaled. Water droplets dripping from a Manchineel can also cause a reaction.

In our region, children are taught at a young age, "Leaves of Three, Let Them Be". (The plant has three terminal leaves on each stem.)

Steve
Thanks for the information, it certainly sounds pretty nasty!

Pentax ME, Vivitar S1 70-210 V4, Fuji Superia 200
Indeed this is a nice shot. I will have to get some more of this film to try. Early in my film experience (ie. only about a year ago!) I dried 3 rolls of Superia 200 with really bad results. I now know it was due to a bad combination of poor minilab printing and an ME super that had issues, so I should really give it another go.

Pentax MX, Pentax-M 200 f/4, Kodak Ektar 100
08-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #3660
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Thanks for the information, it certainly sounds pretty nasty!

Indeed this is a nice shot. I will have to get some more of this film to try. Early in my film experience (ie. only about a year ago!) I dried 3 rolls of Superia 200 with really bad results. I now know it was due to a bad combination of poor minilab printing and an ME super that had issues, so I should really give it another go.
Thanks Jason. This and plain Fujicolor 200 are my go to CN films mostly cause I can get the plain stuff for $2.20 a roll at Wal-Mart and awhile back I bought 12 rolls of Superia online for $3.00 a roll.

I like the Ektar shot. It looks like you are making good use of the 200/4. How do you like it?