Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #3661
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Colton,
The closest thing I have to a go to CN film is the Ektar 100, however I can't really get it locally and it's not the cheapest. I really do like the stuff though. Cheap, basic film here in normal retail shops is rather scarce, and it's usually only Fuji superia 400, nothing slower. I think I am due for a large international film order

I like the M200, although I have found that it's not really a focal length I naturally use. Yet.
It certainly is a great piece and I have no problems with the sharpness, but I guess I find it a lot easier to naturally use the shorter M135. So I haven't used it too much.
It does also fill a gap in my collection of M series lenses though

08-03-2010, 11:02 AM   #3662
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Colton,
The closest thing I have to a go to CN film is the Ektar 100, however I can't really get it locally and it's not the cheapest. I really do like the stuff though. Cheap, basic film here in normal retail shops is rather scarce, and it's usually only Fuji superia 400, nothing slower. I think I am due for a large international film order
I have noticed that there are a lot less of the big stores carrying cheap film around here. The Local Wal-Mart seem to have stopped carrying any Kodak films. When I was in Yosemite, all the stores there only had Fuji. The day is coming when we will have to order all our film online Whenever I go to Walmart I buy 2 boxes of Fuji 200 (4 rolls ea. 24exp) because I am sure one day I will walk in and there won't be any.

I like the M200, although I have found that it's not really a focal length I naturally use. Yet.
It certainly is a great piece and I have no problems with the sharpness, but I guess I find it a lot easier to naturally use the shorter M135. So I haven't used it too much.
It does also fill a gap in my collection of M series lenses though
I hear you on it being a focal length that I don't use much I rarely use much longer than my M 100/2.8.
08-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #3663
Pentaxian

Here are a few shots from our recent visit to the local county fair. My daughter's first fair, so she is in most of them

All shot with ME and Fuji Superia 200.

First Carousel Ride

So Many Toys

The Winning Toss

Not Big Enough Yet

Too Much Fun
08-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #3664
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Here are a few shots from our recent visit to the local county fair. My daughter's first fair, so she is in most of them

All shot with ME and Fuji Superia 200.

Too Much Fun
That shot would have been a good one to try panning. Great series.

08-03-2010, 04:09 PM   #3665
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Here are a few shots from our recent visit to the local county fair.
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I am really looking forward to the fair here in a week or so. I have seen some interesting shots combining panning with fisheye and I DO have a fisheye

Steve
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #3666
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Thanks Tuco. I think I was probably to focused on just catching the right people
08-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #3667
Pentaxian

Here's one from the first roll through my Oly XA

Olympus XA, Fujicolor 200

08-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #3668
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Colton, nice work at the fair and with the XA. Is it a new-to-you camera? I've been cruising Craigslist for one ever since I saw Stevebrot's winter shots with one and I haven't had any luck yet. Jason will probably eat up the above car shot with a spoon <g>.

Here's some "re-runs" - different day, different time of day, different lens, but the same location:

Pentax SuperProgram, M28 f3.5, Ultramax 400

And an interior shot...

Best,
Kevin

08-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #3669
Veteran Member

I wrote the following back at the end of May and have been meaning to post the photos ever since. I've subsequently had the light seals replaced and had a new ASA dial installed. Even with the cost of the repairs, the EM is still a bargain. I've also discovered that the 50mm f1.8 lens has a bit of a "grind" in it while focusing, althogh it doesn't seem to effect the image quality.

May 22, 2010 Found a Nikon EM on CraigsList for an amazingly reasonable price and thought I would give the much-vaunted brand a shot. According to Camerapedia, the EM was an entry level model and designed to compete with the Olympus OM and Pentax ME and ME Super. I'm not over enamored with the build quality of the camera in comparison to my Pentax gear, the images below are a testament to the IQ it's capable of (and it's fun to shoot). Camera came loaded with film of indeterminate origin. Ended up being Kodak Max 400, and most likely expired. A couple of the images came back with what appear to be light leaks, but only intermittent - most of the images are fine. I'm wondering if the defects have more to do with the expired film than the camera. Hmmm.

Nikon EM, E50mm f1.8, expired Kodak Max

I shot this in the antique shop where I bought the camera. I was intending to listen to the shutter when I realized the camera had film in it. Anyhoo, the following shot is a happy accident...

Note the light leak in the photo below...

Fortuitously, an Amtrak train came by while I was outside the essentially abandoned station; trains go past, but they do not stop.

I'll post some shots from the repaired camera next.

Best,
Kevin
08-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #3670
Veteran Member

Some shots from the repaired Nikon EM with fresh Ultramax 400...

Shot of Town Hall in my fair city...

And lastly a view of the river from the back of the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme...

Thanks for looking.

Best,
Kevin
08-04-2010, 07:07 PM   #3671
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Colton, nice work at the fair and with the XA. Is it a new-to-you camera? I've been cruising Craigslist for one ever since I saw Stevebrot's winter shots with one and I haven't had any luck yet. Jason will probably eat up the above car shot with a spoon <g>.

Here's some "re-runs" - different day, different time of day, different lens, but the same location:

Pentax SuperProgram, M28 f3.5, Ultramax 400
Hi Kevin, nice shots in this post and I found your journey with the Nikon pretty interesting. I like the train shot too.
What do you think of the M28 on film? I have been using mine on film more lately and I'm pretty happy with the sharpness and image quality etc. I do have a bit of a 'lust' for a faster 28mm f/2 though.
BTW, Have you heard any more from your student friend who was in Perth for a while?

Colton, is that an old first generation Toyota Celica?

Here's a shot I took with my M28 f/3.5. Not really very interesting but I kind of like it anyway

Pentax MX, M28 f/3.5, Kodak Ektar 100
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM   #3672
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Thanks Kevin. I picked up XA a few weeks back at a thrift store for $2.99. The car shot was from the test roll. It seems to work fine though the meter is off by 2 stops.
It is a nice little camera. It is the first RF I've ever used so it took some getting used to.
Your EM story and shots are great. I love the rose shot.I have an EM that belongs to my sister, I'll have to give it a whirl. The Super Program shots are great also.
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #3673
Pentaxian

Colton, is that an old first generation Toyota Celica?
Yup, all(mostly) original, 1977 LiftBack. Plus some goodies I added

Great colors in your last shot.
08-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #3674
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hi all,

A few shots from my most recent couple of rolls:

Pentax Zx-5n, M 50mm 1.7, Kodak Ultramax 400

And one with the FA 28-200mm 3.8-5.6:
08-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #3675

Nap, Rio Hotel, Macao:

(Tri-X in D-76 1:1)