Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43127 Likes Search this Thread
10-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #4111
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
+1 on that - you're getting gorgeous tone from the Ektar, or Ektar's mellowed out a bit

10-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #4112
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks guys for the comments on my Ektar shot.
Luc, interesting thought on the LX metering. I really don't think my MX and Super Program could meter anywhere near as well in such a situation as your photo. However I am getting more and more familiar with how they meter.

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Should we say
Baa Baa Black Sheep

Where is Robert Conrad on the picture?????
I must admit my naivety here - I have no idea who Robert Conrad is! After a quick google, are you referring to this? Baa Baa Black Sheep (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
+1 on that - you're getting gorgeous tone from the Ektar, or Ektar's mellowed out a bit
Thanks Jussi. Scanning Ektar perplexes me a bit, as sometimes I get rather varied results with colour balance and saturation. The results of my own scans are usually much less contrasty than my previous shop-bought scans. Oh well, I like the tones anyway.

May have posted this before, but this is another rescan of an older shot. Taken on a DC-3 joyflight.
Super Program, M50 f/1.4, Ektar 100

10-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #4113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
I must admit my naivety here - I have no idea who Robert Conrad is! After a quick google, are you referring to this? Baa Baa Black Sheep (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OK now I am feeling old :ugh:
Yes it is this series about a US squadron flying Corsair. As a flying buff I assumed that you had seen it. Of course it is not that recent...

Cheers,

Luc
10-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #4114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
OK now I am feeling old :ugh:
Yes it is this series about a US squadron flying Corsair. As a flying buff I assumed that you had seen it. Of course it is not that recent...

Cheers,

Luc
Don't worry Luc, I hardly watch TV so my knowledge of series (new or old) is pretty low. Same with commercial music, sometimes I like being a little ignorant

On another note, you might be pleased to know I purchased a Pentax 6x7 recently! Haven't received it yet and I still need to get a lens and finder - but I may actually be able to try MF before the year is out...

cheers

10-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #4115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Don't worry Luc, I hardly watch TV so my knowledge of series (new or old) is pretty low. Same with commercial music, sometimes I like being a little ignorant

On another note, you might be pleased to know I purchased a Pentax 6x7 recently! Haven't received it yet and I still need to get a lens and finder - but I may actually be able to try MF before the year is out...

cheers
The series was showing in the seventies....and for a kid it was pretty good.

Way to go, I am sure that Tuco (the biggest 67 fan) will join me to congratulate you. MF is really, really nice. It might be easier to snap with a 35mm but the results of MF are another thing...

Cheers,

Luc
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #4116
Pentaxian

For Sale

Pentax LX, Kodak BW400CN film, commercial dev and scan.

10-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #4117
Zav
Pentaxian

From the moment I took this picture, I thought "gonna be interesting!". But the scan sucks :/

Lucky SHD 100 and Voigtlander 20mm.

10-15-2010, 03:11 AM   #4118
Veteran Member

Kodak Gold 400, Program Plus, Tamron Adptall-2 24/2.5 01bb
10-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #4119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
From the moment I took this picture, I thought "gonna be interesting!". But the scan sucks :/
Looks just fine from where I'm sitting.
10-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #4120
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Looks just fine from where I'm sitting.
I think it is too grainy and there are more details in the negative. A couple more samples from this film:

10-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #4121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
I think it is too grainy and there are more details in the negative. A couple more samples from this film:
Gordon Gekko was misquoted. He actually said "Grain is Good".

I appreciate that it wasn't how you intended but I think the grain suits that shot. What developer did you use?

I've not used SHD 100 before. Where do you buy it from in the UK? I assume that its really inexpensive..... you can buy tri-x for £3.00 a roll, how much is SHD 100. If its cheap enough, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
10-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #4122
Zav
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Gordon Gekko was misquoted. He actually said "Grain is Good".

I appreciate that it wasn't how you intended but I think the grain suits that shot. What developer did you use?

I've not used SHD 100 before. Where do you buy it from in the UK? I assume that its really inexpensive..... you can buy tri-x for £3.00 a roll, how much is SHD 100. If its cheap enough, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
I had it developped at thedarkroom UK. It's a bit hard to convince my flatmate to convert our bathroom to a darkroom!
I bought the SHD back when I was in China, it was less than 1€ a roll!
10-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #4123
Veteran Member

@ Zav, I relly like that first shot, the other 2 are great also.

@ Nesster, Love the bicycle shot.
10-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #4124
Veteran Member

Awhile back I picked up a Canonet QL17 GIII at a local thrift store. I posted a pic of it in the "Introduce your film Pentax" thread. Anyways, the seals were shot but the camera itself is near perfect, so I sent it out to Eric and had him do a CLA, new seals, and calibrate the meter for a 1.5v battery. When I got home today, the camera was here waiting for me so I quickly through a roll of cheap Fuji 200 in it (the QL mechanism rock btw!) and did some quick and dirty test shots and then took the film in for developing. Half our later I picked up the film and went home for dinner and some scanning.

Here are a few of the shots.

Sun Tea(This was accidental, a result of not seeing what the lens sees)

Sidewalk Chalk

Hopscotch

Fall Colors

Rogue Grape
10-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #4125
Veteran Member

Fuji G690BL Medium format, Circular Polarizer, Fujinon 100/3.5, Efke 25 in Rodinal 1:100