Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #4726
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Just curious, Luc, but was there a restriction on tripods? There was some kind of pageant going on the day I was at the Girona Cathedral, and I could not really try anyway. My photos (DSLR) would not belong in this thread.

Not sure on that specific cathedral but as a general rule tripod are out in most if not all. Besides I usually try to be as discrete as possible - I am agnostic and atheist but I respect people praying.

Cheers,

Luc

01-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #4727
Site Supporter

Hi Javier, this is a great thread, so popular, may I make a suggestion. Film is such a diverse subject, that I think If you made three threads out of it, Black and white, Reversal, and color print, you could really compare film stock. And people would only be exposed to the kind of film they are interested in, or they could visit the sister threads. Just an Idea.
Thanks

LX E100S Pentax 50mm A 2.8 Macro exposure not recorded-Hand metered
Attached Images

Last edited by valarie; 01-22-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Did not post original photo
01-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #4728
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Not sure on that specific cathedral but as a general rule tripod are out in most if not all. Besides I usually try to be as discrete as possible - I am agnostic and atheist but I respect people praying.

Cheers,

Luc
There was restriction on tripods in most of the Cathedrals in Spain I visited as well. I think it has been discussed in other threads that most of the reasons don't have much to do with religion these days. I did not take any photos indoors that day triipod or not, but that was out of respect for what was going on.
01-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #4729
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
... I did not take any photos indoors that day triipod or not, but that was out of respect for what was going on.
That is a huge issue for me in shrines and places of worship as well. Deep spiritual experiences can be shared photographically, but I believe that it should be by permission and from an understanding (if not fully sympathetic) perspective.

Steve

01-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #4730
Veteran Member

Bajada de Reyes

Well we were in Girona for the celebration of the Three Kings and I did some night street shootingwith TriX@1250.

In a different style with panning and slow shutter speed

Cheers,

Luc
01-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #4731
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by valarie Quote
Hi Javier, this is a great thread, so popular, may I make a suggestion. Film is such a diverse subject, that I think If you made three threads out of it, Black and white, Reversal, and color print, you could really compare film stock. And people would only be exposed to the kind of film they are interested in, or they could visit the sister threads. Just an Idea.
Thanks

LX E100S Pentax 50mm A 2.8 Macro exposure not recorded-Hand metered
thank you. we have tried splitting this up before and there have been other threads started but it always keeps coming back to this one which is cool.
this thread is about ''film'' and pictures and makes no difference what camera was used. i enjoy seeing everything, especially the really old classic cams.
awe-some portrait by the way.
01-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #4732
Inactive Account

Great Series. I particularity like 1 and 4. That horse seems like he was watching you closely!
01-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #4733
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vertex Ninja Quote
Great Series. I particularity like 1 and 4. That horse seems like he was watching you closely!
Thank you. Yes I was very close (30mm) and most of the horses were checking me out but they were extremely calm horses considering the noise and the crowds.

Cheers,

Luc

01-23-2011, 03:40 AM   #4734
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Well we were in Girona for the celebration of the Three Kings and I did some night street shootingwith TriX@1250.

Cheers,

Luc
Looks like you had some development/agitation issues with the last 3 night shots. Did you stand develop that roll?
01-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #4735
Site Supporter

Fun stuff, Luc. It is especially fun for me when I can recognize the area, which happens to be one of my favorite towns.

I assume from the shape of these images the shots of the procession were on 135, rather than 645? I have the end of my first roll of the Ilford Delta 3200 in the 645 waiting to finish, and I've been looking for a night scene. The rest of the roll was taken as indoor "family" shots over the holidays. Have you tried that film?
01-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #4736
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
thank you. we have tried splitting this up before and there have been other threads started but it always keeps coming back to this one which is cool.
this thread is about ''film'' and pictures and makes no difference what camera was used. i enjoy seeing everything, especially the really old classic cams.
awe-some portrait by the way.
Thanks, I love the vintage photos too! Keep up the good work.
01-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #4737
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Looks like you had some development/agitation issues with the last 3 night shots. Did you stand develop that roll?

Yes I think that it was pushing TriX too far pass ASA 1250.
The development is in Diafine 3'+4'. The shots were very close in the roll from the others so who knows.
Not keepers from a technical point of view certainly.

Cheers,

Luc
01-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #4738
Veteran Member

Fun stuff, Luc. It is especially fun for me when I can recognize the area, which happens to be one of my favorite towns.

I assume from the shape of these images the shots of the procession were on 135, rather than 645? I have the end of my first roll of the Ilford Delta 3200 in the 645 waiting to finish, and I've been looking for a night scene. The rest of the roll was taken as indoor "family" shots over the holidays. Have you tried that film?
Yes all these are taken with LX K-30/2.8 and TriX @ 1250 in Diafine 3'+4'
I am just starting developing the 120 rolls (mostly Across 120)

Cheers,

Luc
01-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #4739
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Luc,

I really like where the tones mapped out in that first shot. Really makes the young mans eyes and face grab you.

Eric
01-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #4740
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by erkie Quote
Luc,

I really like where the tones mapped out in that first shot. Really makes the young mans eyes and face grab you.

Eric

Thank you. I am quite happy with the result I get with Diafine and of course the extra speed is great for hand held.

Cheers,

Luc