Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #5101
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
Pentax LX, Ilford Delta 400, probably my K24/2.8 although I'm not sure.



Best wishes, Kris.

04-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #5102
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Developing mistake aside, these are a really nice bunch of photos. I really like each one, particularly the last.
Thanks for the strokes. The negatives turned out OK, but I was expecting a little more depth, tonality, and snap. (When I know what those terms mean, I will let you know.)


Steve
04-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #5103
Veteran Member
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,531
Original Poster
To continue with good ole fashion Analog, these are with my Pentax ME-F, SMC-M40F/2.8 and Ferrania 400....Nothing great, but I was out to test the film more than anything else. I will give the other two rolls the ole college try tomorrow.

Corner vendor


I love corner shots


Serenading the lady


Baby on board


Sitting pretty


Strolling around


Analog call


Crossings beauties


Oblivious
04-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #5104
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
To continue with good ole fashion Analog, these are with my Pentax ME-F, SMC-M40F/2.8 and Ferrania 400....Nothing great, but I was out to test the film more than anything else. I will give the other two rolls the ole college try tomorrow.

Looking good with the Ferrania 400. It looks like you got results that are essentially similar to mine. The 400 seems to have about the same amount of grain and similar color to the 100.


Steve

04-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #5105
Veteran Member
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,531
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Looking good with the Ferrania 400. It looks like you got results that are essentially similar to mine. The 400 seems to have about the same amount of grain and similar color to the 100.


Steve
Yes, I noticed that. It also seems more forgiving than the 100 as far as dr goes. But I think that during happy hour the 100 might give ektar 100 a run for the money.
04-02-2011, 01:19 AM   #5106
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
To continue with good ole fashion Analog, these are with my Pentax ME-F, SMC-M40F/2.8 and Ferrania 400....Nothing great, but I was out to test the film more than anything else. I will give the other two rolls the ole college try tomorrow.

Corner vendor
I love corner shots
Serenading the lady
Baby on board
Sitting pretty
Strolling around
Analog call
Crossings beauties
Oblivious
I dunno, "Sitting pretty" looks great to me...

K.
04-02-2011, 02:10 AM   #5107
Site Supporter
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
Nice shots Javier. The colour rendition seems to suit your style... What do you think?

Jussi, or anyone else, where can you get this Ferrania film from?
04-02-2011, 03:30 AM   #5108
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
There's a phone number... I don't know if it still works, you can order them in packs...
Ferrania - Photography
1-800-654-5007


Here's one of my favorite Ferrania shots, with the 400 film, Chinon Dual AF-P 'panorama' camera


There have been times the Ferrania did much better than Kodak Gold (in the same camera, on the same jaunt) and other times it gave ...unique... color I agree the 100 and 400 are very similar, though I look at it as the 100 having more grain than we're used to, from the premium Kodak and Fuji films.

Anyhow, good luck and let us know if the above contact info still works.


Last edited by Nesster; 04-02-2011 at 03:37 AM.
04-02-2011, 03:47 AM   #5109
Site Supporter
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
There's a phone number... I don't know if it still works, you can order them in packs...
Ferrania - Photography
1-800-654-5007


Here's one of my favorite Ferrania shots, with the 400 film, Chinon Dual AF-P 'panorama' camera


There have been times the Ferrania did much better than Kodak Gold (in the same camera, on the same jaunt) and other times it gave ...unique... color I agree the 100 and 400 are very similar, though I look at it as the 100 having more grain than we're used to, from the premium Kodak and Fuji films.

Anyhow, good luck and let us know if the above contact info still works.
Thanks Jussi. I do remember that shot of the bride, it's great!
Not too sure if that phone number will work for me, being from Oz... The website looks interesting. Seemingly no office or distributor down under, but I may aswell try and contact them, perhaps straight to their head office in Italy.

I'll let you know what happens.

cheers,
Jason

Edit: Just sent an email to some of the addresses listed on the site...

Last edited by goddo31; 04-02-2011 at 03:52 AM.
04-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #5110
Veteran Member
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,531
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Nice shots Javier. The colour rendition seems to suit your style... What do you think?

?
What I like from it most is that it seems to have very accurate skins tones.
04-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #5111
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
though I look at it as the 100 having more grain than we're used to, from the premium Kodak and Fuji films.
Do ya think?!

The main advantage to using the 100, in my mind over the 400 is that you don't need a ND filter when shooting under bright conditions with some of the vintage gear (1/250s, 1/350, or 1/500 max shutter speed).

As for comparing the 100 with the mainstream product, I think that the unique contrast and color rendition says it all. For many shots, Ferrania simply works much better than film from "K" or "F". (Sometimes surreal is more real than real...)


Steve
04-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #5112
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Thanks Jussi. I do remember that shot of the bride, it's great!
Not too sure if that phone number will work for me, being from Oz... The website looks interesting. Seemingly no office or distributor down under, but I may aswell try and contact them, perhaps straight to their head office in Italy.

I'll let you know what happens.

cheers,
Jason

Edit: Just sent an email to some of the addresses listed on the site...
Look for no-name film made in Italy or the EU.


Steve
04-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #5113
Site Supporter
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Look for no-name film made in Italy or the EU.


Steve
Yeah, that's a good idea.
So I sent an email to 3 addresses listed on their website for contact. Haven't received a reply yet, but 2 out of 3 emails bounced!
04-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #5114
Veteran Member
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,531
Original Poster
More from the Ferrania 400, Canon AE-1, FD50F/1.8

Tunnel at the train station


Waiting for the train


Strolling by


Standing tall


This was on a prayer wall. Not sure I understand it.
04-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #5115
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
More from the Ferrania 400, Canon AE-1, FD50F/1.8

Tunnel at the train station


Waiting for the train


Strolling by


Standing tall


This was on a prayer wall. Not sure I understand it.
Wow! Javier! You hit the Ferrania "sweet spot" with these! I particularly like the first two. Extraordinary!


Steve
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top