04-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #5206
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
nikon stuff again. sorry!

Nikon F5 + Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 D ED IF + Fuji Superia 200

04-21-2011, 03:43 AM   #5207
Veteran Member

...and Minolta.... I have made an attempt to shoot more Pentax - I just finished a roll in the ZX-L and have some color Fuji in the ES-II --- today I have a little fetch the daughter trip and I'm thinking it will be an all Minolta day, I have an Autocord back from a CLA and it needs using.

04-21-2011, 03:56 AM   #5208
Veteran Member

me too.. i have several photos from pentax ..ready to display actually.. but need to upload it first..

what is that in your photo Jussi?

is that some part of a used to be a dock for boat?

04-21-2011, 04:13 AM   #5209
Veteran Member

Part of the Hoboken/Jersey City water front, from the days when New York was a huge harbor with lots of shipping. I imagine this used to be a pier with a warehouse down the middle - a couple over to the left there's a major pier which is land-filled. The whole thing has filled with silt over the decades.

04-21-2011, 04:25 AM   #5210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Part of the Hoboken/Jersey City water front, from the days when New York was a huge harbor with lots of shipping. I imagine this used to be a pier with a warehouse down the middle - a couple over to the left there's a major pier which is land-filled. The whole thing has filled with silt over the decades.
i like the photo. the nuance and tone look so grim and sad .. remind me the scene of a old movie ...

about a murder..
04-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #5211
Forum Member

I love this thread - there are so many great photos here. Haven't posted anything in a long time - it was getting too expensive to send my B&W film out and I didn't like C-41 B&W results. I finally got the stuff to do my own developing. However, based on my results, maybe I should spring for sending my B&W film out. It's only my first roll so hopefully I'll improve but I had water spots, some weird pattern down the middle of the negatives (from water maybe?) and ugh, the dust.

Still, I liked these 2:

Spotmatic SPII, SMC Takumar 35/3.5, TMAX-100, HC110.

Masonic Lodge

Dinosaurs!

Any advice on how to fix these - can I rewash? - would be great. Here's an example of the weird pattern in all my photos - you can see it in the horizontal line down the middle of the picture (across my dog's body, right under his eye):

04-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #5212
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I finally finished a roll of Superia 200 in my AE-1 with the FD50.
These are as shot for the exception of my installing my little water mark and resizing them. I did not even crop them and many can sure use it. I have started to get into Urban street stuff. I think it is a perfect fir for film.

a memorial in a strange part of a run down part of town. Best I could figure is this fellow died here.

04-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #5213
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kc.virginia Quote
I love this thread - there are so many great photos here. Haven't posted anything in a long time - it was getting too expensive to send my B&W film out and I didn't like C-41 B&W results. I finally got the stuff to do my own developing. However, based on my results, maybe I should spring for sending my B&W film out. It's only my first roll so hopefully I'll improve but I had water spots, some weird pattern down the middle of the negatives (from water maybe?) and ugh, the dust.

Still, I liked these 2:

Spotmatic SPII, SMC Takumar 35/3.5, TMAX-100, HC110.

Masonic Lodge

Dinosaurs!

Any advice on how to fix these - can I rewash? - would be great. Here's an example of the weird pattern in all my photos - you can see it in the horizontal line down the middle of the picture (across my dog's body, right under his eye):
Nice shots. Well done for making the jump to doing your own developing. I think we have all been there with dust and water marks on the negs. Try and use demineralised water for your final rinse and use a rinse agent to help the water flow off the negs. That will stop the white marks. When i first started out, I used one of those film squegees but too often I would scratch the emulsion so I drip dry now. As for the dust..... you just have to find a dust free place to hang it. I hang it in my kitchen with all the doors and windows closed and I don't enter the room for at least an hour. If you can't do that you might want to buy or make a cabinet to hang your film in. Not sure about your streaks but it might be that when the film is on the reel, the emulsion side is touching the back of the film if you see what I mean. What sort of reels are you using? Try another roll and see if it happens again. With film developing you need a few attempts to perfect your technique.
04-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #5214
Inactive Account

check to see if that mark is on the negatives as well..
04-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #5215
Forum Member

Javier, I like the colors of the Superia for the street shooting - the film effect does seem to go with the scenes. The memorial photo is really nicely done. Sad.

Vendee, we do have hard water here so I will try distilled water for the final rinse. I did use Photo Flo but only a couple of drops - will try a solution with more. I'm using the Paterson plastic reels that came with the tank. I have another few rolls to develop so I'll see if I get that streaking again. Also I will try hanging it in the bathroom since I think there is less dust in there than in the kitchen.

newpentaxman, I think it is on the negatives but I can't see it with the naked eye like I can the water drops. I did scan some other B&W negs from Dwayne's and no pattern so I don't think it's the scanner.

Thank you for the advice....
04-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #5216
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kc.virginia Quote
Javier, I like the colors of the Superia for the street shooting - the film effect does seem to go with the scenes. The memorial photo is really nicely done. Sad.
Thank you!
04-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #5217
Veteran Member

Pentax *ist + smc Pentax-FA 1:1.9/43 Limited + Fuji Provia 400 X
04-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #5218
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote

Pentax *ist + smc Pentax-FA 1:1.9/43 Limited + Fuji Provia 400 X
I love the colours of the wall and the girl's hair but the shadow areas of the girls dress and the shadow behind her look a bit odd to me. Is that a feature of the Provia 400 or is it perhaps a scanner issue?
04-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #5219
Veteran Member

Original Poster
More from the Canon AE-1, FD28 and 50 with Superia 200....Again, as shot

Law offices in urban china town

Smut shop

Ephesus

Read all about it.

Art

My train
04-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #5220
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@Fearview Great shots, both the one from the F5 (always wanted one of those) and the portrait from the *ist and 43ltd.

@Jussi fantastic shot of the old pier.

@kc.virginia great shots for your first time developing. The marks on the third shot look like newton rings to me. If there is to much curve to the film as it sits in the holder, the middle will touch the glass of the scanner and will cause those marks.

@ Javier great series in your two last posts.

I will add to the Nikon stuff,

Nikon FE, Nikkor-S 35/2.8, Fujicolor 200 (both shots)